Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Washington Governor Takes Action on Guns

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by erudne, Jan 6, 2016.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

So... they will look for ways to exclude entire classes of people from their 2A rights, but it's mainly political theater so his compatriots will "feel" like they're actually accomplishing anything meaningful.

:rolleyes:

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

If only politicians would use the ammunition to fight the DANM CRIMINALS who DO the GUN VIOLENCE!!!!
    Leave us law abiding gun owners ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ura-Ki, Logan Wilson, U201491 and 5 others like this.
  4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

"In his executive order, Inslee said firearm deaths now exceed motor vehicle crash fatalities in the state and that 80 percent of firearm deaths are suicides."

Wouldn't surprise me about suicides being the primary reason for death by gun (punish thier family's after they have killed themselves IMO to try and give them a better reason not to use a gun to commit suicide) but I really find it hard to believe that more people die by a gun then die in car accidents.

Hell, if people treated cars like guns then half the population wouldn't go anywhere because your car can all of a sudden kill you for no reason at all... (Sarcasm).

nammac, Caveman Jim and etrain16 like this.
  5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think the bigger question Inslee and his fellow WA legislators need to ask is - why are 80% of gun deaths suicides in the state of Washington??? Nationally, the rate of suicides vs gun homicides is about 66%, why is WA so much higher? Obviously gun crime is only a fraction of the deaths. So why are so many people in Washington killing themselves? I mean, aren't they creating a progressive utopia in WA that brings peace, joy and happiness to all who live there? Aren't the D policies making people more fulfilled, less anxious, less racist, less homophobic?

Maybe the suicide problem could be more easily remedied by some significant changes to the political makeup in WA state? Otherwise, maybe he needs to look more closely at himself as being part of the problem :rolleyes:

Joe, as a WA resident, don't you feel like your life is a paradise under Gov. Inslee? Don't you just thrive on the feel goods they cast upon you from their royal palace in Olympia? :p

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Funny... most Proggies are ALL FOR assisted suicide, the end result is the same... oh yeah, that's right... it's really ultimately about disarming the general population which can only be done in baby-steps... what was I THINKING?!

o_O:rolleyes:

Logan Wilson, U201491, nammac and 4 others like this.
  7. etrain16

On another note, one I find interesting, neither the Pres nor the Gov have even discussed assault weapons bans, magazine restrictions or some of the other 'usual' gun control crap. It makes me wonder what's going on there. Is it that it's an election year and they know going that far will cost them in the election? Or is it that more and more people are finally seeing the light and realizing that in every place those restrictions have already been put in to place, they have been a complete and utter failure. In other words, their actions have been proven to be impotent at best, and I think more people, on both sides, are seeing those actions for what they really are - attempts to disarm the law-abiding public. This will be an interesting year for anti-gun legislation considering the general election in November.

Joe13, Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  8. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

I personally believe that they are toning it down because of the upcoming elections.

Look at the Oregon Legislature; The Dem's have total control and can ram through anything they want (like they did with SB 941) and yet the two biggest gun haters (Burdick and Prozanski) are shying away from any gun control legislation this year. Oregon better change the legislative dynamics this election because Burdick has stated that she will be going after gun control in 2017, and if the Dem's still have control, they are going to swing for the fences.

Ray

9. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I think the Prozanski recall woke them up to the reality that they are going to get voted out. They are hoping that everybody forgets.

DuneHopper, Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  10. etrain16

I'm hoping that's the case. IF it is, then the local elections in both Oregon and Washington, every single legislative seat up to the Governor, will be critical to gun owners in November 2016. Sitting and home and 'protesting' because you think your vote won't count, is not an option. We don't need a majority, what we need back, at the minimum, are the votes to block them. In Nov. 2014 some very key blocking votes/seats were lost by very narrow margins - only dozens of votes in some cases. I wonder, if EVERY gun owner in Oregon that cared about their rights had voted for pro-gun candidates in Nov. 2014, if we would have SB941 today?

Nov. 2016 is a critical election year for gun owners. If we can't make it happen, we can expect the 2017 legislative session to be very harmful to our gun rights. We all need to be as active as we can in helping candidates and in getting people to actually vote pro-gun. If someone says to you "I don't vote, it doesn't matter", either slap them in the face and tell them it does, or at least share with them the narrow margins of loss we experienced because too many on our side decided not to vote. And then, slap them in the face, again ;)

Caveman Jim and Slobray like this.
  11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Its a bold faced lie and he should be called out for false "facts". Deathly auto accidents occur daily.. Firearm related deaths, even suicides arent even close. Alcohol and the "smart phone" are what have bumped auto deaths up since their implication(s)..

Yet no one gets hyped about that.. Because texting and driving is "kewl" with the young kids.

Slobray and Joe13 like this.
  12. whiskeybill

whiskeybill Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

Joe13 likes this.
  13. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Deaths in vehicle crashes are about the same numbers as those from firearms, however, it's because vehicle deaths have been rapidly and steadily decreasing due to better equipment, drunk driving laws, and less miles driven in a bad economy. It's NOT because firearms deaths are increasing, as is implied.

Under Obama's executive ACTION (an "action" having absolutely no force of law, whereas an executive "order" does), my daughter, who has short term memory issues due to brain surgery to remove a tumor, will be unable to pass a background check because she has a Social Security payee so that she doesn't forget to pay her bills. Under this scenario I cannot take her out shooting because we would need a background check for me to loan her any firearms. Obama admits that background checks have been useless in stopping mass shootings, but wants them anyway so that we can "feel better" about it. He overlooks the harm done to some citizens. In my book, he and his administration have now exceeded Richard Nixon and his administration when it comes to corruption. And I was in law school when Nixon was in office, so I'm intimately familiar with Nixon's corruption.

14. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

15. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Touché and thanks for actually taking the time to find the stats; I was lazy and made an assumption.

I think those numbers would be quite different if "major injury" was included in the stats and not just fatalities.

And this is at the world not anyone in particular, but if we spent what needs to be spent in this country to help people with mental hurdles instead of leaving it at the bottom of the barrel, I think we would see a massive decrease in not only suicides but also acts of violence against the public ("mass" shootings etc).

They keep pointing thier finger at the problem and put the cheapest bandaid on it instead of addressing root issues.

16. ZigZagZeke

That is absolutely correct and right on the money. If the governor says that 80% of gun deaths are suicides why would we not make mental health the number one priority?

Slobray and Joe13 like this.
  17. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm not very good with stats, but if you just look at the condition of the country, unemployment, financial dependence on gov. programs, business conditions, depression due to drugs and apparently no way out, all these social issues, do we wonder why people are killing themselves ? And meanwhile while Rome burns, Ohole and his cronies are arguing about laws to control law abiding citizens who want to go out on the weekend and shoot paper. Brilliant.

Thanks Mr. Workman, good information.

18. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sounds like more hot air than action.

Joe13 likes this.
  19. ZigZagZeke

And we wonder why young men who see no future for themselves because of all of these conditions, and who are therefor resentful, jealous, and angry want to check out and take as many innocents with them as possible.

AndyinEverson likes this.
  20. Jerry

Jerry Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Inslee is a piece of crap.

Slobray likes this.