JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, this will lead to more new gun sales in WA overall. Same fees, lower risk than used.

On the plus side, more new handgun sales will increase Pittman-Robertson funds for wildlife and public ranges in theory (10%).

Yes, this will lead to more new gun sales in WA overall. Same fees, lower risk than used.

On the plus side, more new handgun sales will increase Pittman-Robertson funds for wildlife and public ranges in theory (10%).
Most 2A proponents saw this as a likely possibility from the get go. Quite ironic that so many Bliss Ninnies whine and complain about the "gun lobby" bogeymen opposing this law to keep their profits up when they don't realize that their reasoning is flawed and this law may very well end up giving more money to the very groups they despise through the increase of new firearm sales. They were so focused on their bogeymen it never occurred to them that manufacturers and the actual firearm lobbyists don't see a dime from used firearm sales. That is what rationalizing your emotions over rational thinking will get you.

I thought that in order to get an FFL that you have to be in the business of selling guns (the ATF definition).

I was thinking more of something like a notary, where you are not in the business of selling guns but could still do background checks for private sellers. I dont think anything like that would be allowed.
to have an ffl you have to be buying and selling for a profit, or you won't get one. and you can't just do gun shows either

Remember we still live right next to Oregon.... I can go to a OR dealer and buy a long gun any day of the week.

This new law is a joke but I guess maybe some will feel safer now:rolleyes:
according to federal law you can not buy a gun in one state and transfer it across state lines even if you buy it from a ffl dealer. they are not suppose to allow the gun to leave to a non resident. they can sell just not deliver

according to federal law you can not buy a gun in one state and transfer it across state lines even if you buy it from a ffl dealer. they are not suppose to allow the gun to leave to a non resident. they can sell just not deliver
This is true for handguns, but it was not true for rifles and shotguns even in WA. After 594 with some of it's paperwork requirements I'm not sure if it still is. On a general note though, it is legal for rifles and shotguns provided an FFL is used and a background check is successfully completed.

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
18 U.S. Code § 922

27 CFR 478.29 - Out-of-State acquisition of firearms by nonlicensees.
27 CFR 478.30 - Out-of-State disposition of firearms by nonlicensees.

thank you. I think I have clarification now. As I read it however, a person can not cross state lines and buy from a private party and bring it back without going thru a dealer? is that true? I get confused by all the legal bs. thanks again

thank you. I think I have clarification now. As I read it however, a person can not cross state lines and buy from a private party and bring it back without going thru a dealer? is that true? I get confused by all the legal bs. thanks again

Taking legal advice from an Internet forum may not be the best idea...

lgs owner sez this law's gonna make him rich. he won't even hafta buy/sell any guns. just trot out his ffl.
mind yer topknots!
windy

sonny, where i growed up, "magnum" wuz just another word fer "lousy hunter".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top