JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would we sell our guns due to I594? It doesn't require registration or anything. It just applies a stupid requirement on anyone who buys, loans, sells, borrows or steals a firearm to first go through a background check. It is a relief to know that before a criminal steals a gun or buys it in a back alley, they will submit to a background check, knowing if they fail it there is no worry about arrest or prosecution. If I still owned any guns I'd be concerned about this law, but all mine were lost in a near fatal buffalo stampede somewhere in Wyoming.

Why would we sell our guns due to I594? It doesn't require registration or anything. It just applies a stupid requirement on anyone who buys, loans, sells, borrows or steals a firearm to first go through a background check. It is a relief to know that before a criminal steals a gun or buys it in a back alley, they will submit to a background check, knowing if they fail it there is no worry about arrest or prosecution. If I still owned any guns I'd be concerned about this law, but all mine were lost in a near fatal buffalo stampede somewhere in Wyoming.

Some people would want to sell before the $35-45 transfer and background check fee kick in for a private sale.

Maybe they are getting their want list perfected before this B.S. law makes them criminals. It's sure easier to suck the law abiding dry than a criminal who has nothing the state wants to steal!!!:eek:

Oregon is next, i hope y'all are prepared to fight!!!

Last Edited:
What would stop a Washington resident from transferring their long gun to an Oregon FFL who transfers it to an Oregon or WA resident? Then no use/sales tax.

Oh that's clever. Also why couldn't two Washington residents take a weapon to Oregon and then have one person give it to another? Both Washington residents. Would Washington laws prevail or would it be back to Federal laws as a baseline?

Oh wait, this will be used to make the same kind of trumped up crap legal in Oregon to prevent the loopholes you Washington people have now.

My head hurts.

or If everyone just stopped buying new guns, and didn't buy used guns, and hung on to what they had. The sudden lack of sales would get both the dealers and the manufacturers into motion to overturn this azzenine law. Money from another direction, or lack of could defeat Bloomturds work.
But I am skeptical that anyone would do that since 2/3 's of the gun owners didn't even bother to vote............................

I have an 01 FFL to do engraving on firearms. It's the same 01 as any gun dealer so that means I can also buy and sell firearms as a dealer, run background checks, etc., but I really only use it for engraving. It may be worth a call to the ATF to see if they would issue an FFL if you told them you were only planning on doing transfers.

Your not making any sense. why would I want to get an ffl to do tranfers, I'm against registration hence why I don't buy thru dealers but do ask for the good guy card.
Being an FFL is not all a good thing guys. You have to keep very good records and I'm sure you will be subject to checks by the ATF at some point. Also when you sell firearms you have to collect tax. Plus these dollar transfers will have to take place at your FFL location which you will probably have listed as your house. Or a gun show. Something to consider...the BATFE expects you to use your FFL to turn a profit because your profit generates tax revenue. If you are doing transfers for $1, then you won't turn a profit because you won't even cover your overhead. You certainly won't be compensating yourself fairly for your time.

And with this B/S 594 Atf gonna have to do some rewritting unless we this B/S repealed.
http://www.ffl123.com/types-of-ffl-licenses

It sure seems like there has been an uptick in the number of WTS:WA ads posted in the last couple of days. Either way it sucks and is one step closer to confiscation if its not stopped and/or reversed.

Just noticed how many Washington guns for sale in the sales adds.
Looks like a result of the bill passing.

I hate to see people feel compelled to sell there guns. But it appears this new bill is pushing gun owners buttons?

It could be, people will scramble to secure guns before the new law takes affect? And others will panic and sell. Anyways. I think before the music stops. A lot of guns will change hands.
:mad: ...its so stupid...

BEFORE - If you wanted to borrow one of my guns and I were so obliged, I'd loan you the gun, you'd use it and return it.
NOW - If you wanted to borrow one of my guns and I were so obliged, we meet at the local gun shop and fill out some paperwork, the proprietor checks it then notifies the FBI, I then hand the gun over to you, you use it, then return it.
As far as I know, there's no paperwork, or "clearance" needed to return the firearm, but I'm not 100% sure on that part, either.

All for loaning out your firearm. It was passed under the veil of increased instance of background checks, and in a sense, it does do that, but it has to be the most bass ackwards way to go about it.
IMHO, it's going to prove itself to be a useless law, because no one's gonna go to all that trouble just to let their bud borrow their firearms!
Gun shop owners have already stated, ON THE NEWS, that they're not going to waste their time being part of this, and after a while, even the cops aren't going to do anything about it, for want of leaving space in the local prisons for people who actually commit crimes!

...this is what happens when half of California decides to call your state their new home.

So, so stupid. :mad:

DeanMk

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

The FFL gets to charge a transfer fee (who would do it for free?). So I'd expect $25-35 +10 background check for private sales

Too bad you cant register as an FFL just for doing private sale transfers. It would be a great way for something like a gun club to get together to help with private sales.

One thing the WAC is considering doing is getting their own FFL and do transfers for members at a reduced cost or arranging with dealers for a two tier transfer cost, one cost for members and higher one for non members.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Doesn't 594 also have a 30 day waiting period if you don't have a CPL?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I have no desire to sell any of the guns I already own that are not registered under my name. And I'd love to have the funds to pick up a few more before 594 takes effect.

The FFL gets to charge a transfer fee (who would do it for free?). So I'd expect $25-35 +10 background check for private sales

Too bad you cant register as an FFL just for doing private sale transfers. It would be a great way for something like a gun club to get together to help with private sales.
Here in Michigan, we have self-registration of guns, IF the buyer has a CPL ( concealed pistol license). The private transaction involves filling out a downloadable pdf form, both parties sign it, and a copy gets mailed to local Cop Shop for record entry. At least it's a cheaper solution than trotting off to the local FFL. Maybe you can get THAT sort of provision in a new law.

Here in Michigan, we have self-registration of guns, IF the buyer has a CPL ( concealed pistol license). The private transaction involves filling out a downloadable pdf form, both parties sign it, and a copy gets mailed to local Cop Shop for record entry. At least it's a cheaper solution than trotting off to the local FFL. Maybe you can get THAT sort of provision in a new law.
With all due respect sir, this is exactly the kind of thing we're trying to avoid. It's like saying that we'll "hop on one foot, walk backwards thru the door, stand on our heads and eat a banana to "do something" to satisfy the antis. Exactly the same as giving a robber something so that he won't shoot you.

I realize that there are these types of restrictions in some states and you have to live with them. The point is that they are ridiculous and do nothing to stop violence. Same as a federal carry permit. We don't need more laws nor do we need more people creating databases or sniffing our shorts like the neighbors dog.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top