JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Driver Licenses From 9 States Won't be Valid IDs
for Domestic Flights in 2018

Driver Licenses From Nine States Won't be Valid IDs for Domestic Flights in 2018

tsa-security-line-SOUTHCAROLINA1016.jpg

What will the TSA agents do? If their license isn't okay to fly with/under, how can they be employed by TSA? Didn't they have to apply for the job and they had to show state identification? Will TSA close the airports in Washington if they don't have TSA agents?

If it ain't good enough to fly, it sure shouldn't be good enough to get a job denying other WA residents from flying. Interesting dilemma.

Judging from recent newspaper accounts, Washington lawmakers aren't budging on the drivers license standard. So for Washington residents at least, a passport is the better option in present circumstances: less expensive than the optional 'enhanced' license, and lasts longer.

Judging from recent newspaper accounts, Washington lawmakers aren't budging on the drivers license standard. So for Washington residents at least, a passport is the better option in present circumstances: less expensive than the optional 'enhanced' license, and lasts longer.
You have not seen the current fees.

The thing that get's me, a DL is legal in all 50 states as acceptable id for every thing, yet the TSA ( an Illegal agency, with no powers of enforcement) can deny a person due to a STATE F-Up??!?!?!?!?! and since when did the TSA trump a States sovereignty? I smell a big rat!

So are the enhanced licenses valid then?

Just curious, I don't have any plans but have the enhanced license because it was cheaper to renew it that way then loose it and have to reapply I think.

No thanks. If I need to get somewhere after being groped/fondled, I'll just get a hooker and drive. At least I know my license covers that.

I would rather hear from a proven news source than a basement hobbyist website that I never heard of before.
It has been in all the local news TV casts and papers here for a while now. Surprised you were able to miss it. It's been the sky is falling for a while now. I just shrug every time I read it. If it does happen I'll make my appointment and go get the enhanced. PITA but that's life here. If the legislature lets it go it will no doubt piss off a LOT of people who are totally ignorant of everything going on around them. Which then will get the guys in Olympia in the hot seat for a while. The Feds could just drop it too at the last minute. Like I said I could care less until it happens if it does. It's not something that the news has been ignoring at all.

I feel that not being able to use my drivers license is the equivalent of asking for pemission to travel. This I feel is against my rights expecially in my own country.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top