JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This just in from Tacoma Rifle & Revolver club: (sorry about the short notice, it was in my inbox just this morning)

"Hello: I am writing to let you know about an important legislative hearing regarding the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and our operational budget.

The hearing is sponsored by the House General Government Appropriations Committee and will take place tonight, January 28, 2009, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., in House Hearing Room C of the John O’Brien Building.

A number of natural resource agency directors will present agency budget overviews and respond to Committee questions. These presentations will be followed by a formal public hearing.

Many of you know that the Governor’s operational budget proposal for next biennium reduced WDFW by $30 million and 157 full time positions. This reduction is primarily driven by a 20% cut to state general funds, a proportion that is two to three times greater than any other natural resource agency.

Reductions at this level will have serious impacts to our customer services, including enforcement, providing access to recreational opportunities, and conservation of our state resources.

Interim Director Phil Anderson will provide the Committee with details as to projected budget impacts. It will be important for the Committee to understand how service reductions will occur. It will be even more important for legislators to hear related concerns from our stakeholders.

A number of legislators have questioned the proposed disproportionate state general fund cuts and may be willing to adjust reduction levels to WDFW if strong stakeholder support exists.
Please consider attending this important hearing. If you have any questions feel free to call.

Joe Stohr, Deputy Director Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife 360.902.2650 "

oh, but the queeeen prattled PRIOR to the election, remember? She ALSO lied when she said she'd brought great change for businesses in Washington. She actually told the truth, as she HAS brought great (as in significant) change to businesses here in Washington. But, she said it in such a way as to wilfully mislead the casual reader who's not done their bookwork to assume it was change for the better. Hah!! As a small business owner, I can attest she HAS brought significant change to us..... raised the cost of doing business in this state significantly.

Hey, ya know how to tell if a politician running for office is lying? HER mouth is moving.......

Good

WDFW started messing with our right to shoot with new WACs. No support from me.

You can guarantee they will shut down access to fishing and hunting sites as punishment (I mean budget cuts)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top