JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's always ironic when government desires to restrict the rights of Americans when the very right they want to restrict was intended to be used to stop/dissuade and if necessary, defend against and kill those that represent the government or those that would enforce their tyrannical rule.

Seems like not a bad strategy, but I don't think it's for me. I've always put a high, the highest, value on being a straight shooter.
True. I grew up among these people, so I just find the irony of turning their own tricks back against them particularly delicious. "Be honest with the honest and deceitful with the deceitful," I guess you'd say... though also growing up in a Masonic environment (completely different social circle; the pols were school/classmates and their parents; the Masonic side was family/family friends/Lodge brethren) it can be a challenge to reconcile that with "keep your dealings and yourself square and on the level."

Rrrrright....because I (as a private law abiding gun owner) am the Govt's biggest problem.

Criminals-Obey-the-law.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
It's always ironic when government desires to restrict the rights of Americans when the very right they want to restrict was intended to be used to stop/dissuade and if necessary, defend against and kill those that represent the government or those that would enforce their tyrannical rule.
No irony about it, they know full well why it's there and want the guardrail standing between them and their masturbatory fantasies of forcing us back into serfdom gone ASAP and BAMN.

No irony about it, they know full well why it's there and want the guardrail standing between them and their masturbatory fantasies of forcing us back into serfdom gone ASAP and BAMN.
Yes, I suppose irony was a poor word choice. They continue to desire to use the guise of law to make what amounts to acts of war against civil rights, because they really aren't anti-gun, they still fully intend the government to have any and all guns.

I mean seriously...why does anyone need more than 10 rounds?

It's not like the political leaders and police are going to surrender six city blocks to the violent mob and remove all law and order and police protection, while the mob randomly murders people or anything. You silly gun nuts and your apocalypse fantasies. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I mean seriously...why does anyone need more than 10 rounds?

It's not like the political leaders and police are going to surrender six city blocks to the violent mob and remove all law and order and police protection, while the mob randomly murders people or anything. You silly gun nuts and your apocalypse fantasies. :rolleyes:
Waaay too subtle, so it's likely to be taken as serious support for mag restrictions.

I always have to laugh when some national talking head says to write or call our Oregon Congressional Senators. Yeah, for sure Ron Wyden and Jeffey Bizerkely are going to change their minds after some alternative public input. No, those guys are hard core ideologues. And my Rep is Cliff Bentz, a RINO for sure.

In the State Legislature, we are still outnumbered. And the opposition constantly shuts down efforts by our side to stop them from doing stupid chit. At least with the IP process we get to vote on it.

It's hard to not give up. As for writing WA legislature as an "interested Oregon citizen" I'm not sure what impact that would have. But ranting and raving here is somewhat satisfying.
There is something I don't understand so maybe someone can tell me. The Democrats have a super-majorty in the Washington legislature.
I always have to laugh when some national talking head says to write or call our Oregon Congressional Senators. Yeah, for sure Ron Wyden and Jeffey Bizerkely are going to change their minds after some alternative public input. No, those guys are hard core ideologues. And my Rep is Cliff Bentz, a RINO for sure.

In the State Legislature, we are still outnumbered. And the opposition constantly shuts down efforts by our side to stop them from doing stupid chit. At least with the IP process we get to vote on it.

It's hard to not give up. As for writing WA legislature as an "interested Oregon citizen" I'm not sure what impact that would have. But ranting and raving here is somewhat satisfying.
Maybe someone can tell me what has kept the Democrat-controlled legislatures in both Washington and Oregon from passing magazine and semi-automatic rifle bans in the past? Democrats hold a super-majorty in both states, and they control the media. As for anti-AR sentiment in Washington State, I-1639 passed with nearly 60% of the vote.

There is something I don't understand so maybe someone can tell me. The Democrats have a super-majorty in the Washington legislature.

Maybe someone can tell me what has kept the Democrat-controlled legislatures in both Washington and Oregon from passing magazine and semi-automatic rifle bans in the past? Democrats hold a super-majorty in both states, and they control the media. As for anti-AR sentiment in Washington State, I-1639 passed with nearly 60% of the vote.
In the past, not all Demorats were rabid anti-2A. In the last two decades, the party platform has become much more open about their wishes for gun-control. But with the high numbers of newbies buying firearms for protection, it may become difficult again for them to pass drastic anti gun legislation. I hope.

But Oregon has two initiatives that will go to a public vote this year... we may be screwed down here. IIRC one is an "Assault weapons" ban that would ban even my 10/22. The other is a Standard Capacity mag ban... anything over 10rds. Most modern pistols have standard mags of 15 or 17rds. For an AR, if grandfathered in, standard mags are 20 and 30 rds, not 10... not even sure one could find 10, I had a five for hunting, but no 10.

In the past, not all Demorats were rabid anti-2A. In the last two decades, the party platform has become much more open about their wishes for gun-control. But with the high numbers of newbies buying firearms for protection, it may become difficult again for them to pass drastic anti gun legislation. I hope.

But Oregon has two initiatives that will go to a public vote this year... we may be screwed down here. IIRC one is an "Assault weapons" ban that would ban even my 10/22. The other is a Standard Capacity mag ban... anything over 10rds. Most modern pistols have standard mags of 15 or 17rds. For an AR, if grandfathered in, standard mags are 20 and 30 rds, not 10... not even sure one could find 10, I had a five for hunting, but no 10.
We are facing a nightmare. As for Oregon, I've sounded the alarm on four YouTube channels.

Oregon is facing two initiatives that will ban semi-automatic rifles and magazines of more than 10 rounds.

IP 17 would require you to obtain a permit from local law enforcement in order to acquire a firearm. This permit would require you to complete an approved "safety" program. You must pay for this permit, and its only valid for 5 years. You may have to wait up to 30 days for this permit to be issued. IP 17 would also create a state police database of firearms and firearms permits. These permit requirements are in addition to current background check requirements. IP 17 also seeks to ban ammunition magazines over 10 rounds.

IP 18 would prohibit the manufacturing, possession and transfer of listed semiautomatic firearms. Any currently owned firearms on the list must be registered or surrendered to police. Firearm dealers must remove the listed firearms from the state, or dispose of them. Commonly owned rifles, handguns and shotguns are included on the list, which totals more than 100.

I didn't see the Ruger 10/22 on that list or the Ruger Mini-14.

We are facing a nightmare. As for Oregon, I've sounded the alarm on four YouTube channels.

Oregon is facing two initiatives that will ban semi-automatic rifles and magazines of more than 10 rounds.

IP 17 would require you to obtain a permit from local law enforcement in order to acquire a firearm. This permit would require you to complete an approved "safety" program. You must pay for this permit, and its only valid for 5 years. You may have to wait up to 30 days for this permit to be issued. IP 17 would also create a state police database of firearms and firearms permits. These permit requirements are in addition to current background check requirements. IP 17 also seeks to ban ammunition magazines over 10 rounds.

IP 18 would prohibit the manufacturing, possession and transfer of listed semiautomatic firearms. Any currently owned firearms on the list must be registered or surrendered to police. Firearm dealers must remove the listed firearms from the state, or dispose of them. Commonly owned rifles, handguns and shotguns are included on the list, which totals more than 100.
Yah, there is a thread on these already.

So which of these Democrats are vulnerable in the upcoming election? Donate to their opponents. Let's see if we can unseat a few of them. And for heaven's sake let's get that prick Ferguson out of office too!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews