JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And, watch out for the fine print. I think it was two sessions ago, the proposed assault rifle ban included the imposition of state sales tax on gold and silver bullion. Which doesn't have anything to do with guns. But the Dems thought they had a bill that would pass and this was a quick money grab. Of course people who hate guns also typically don't believe in gold and silver, but I think the easy money was really what it was about.

The reason they added the tax of gold and silver to that last bill was to claim it was a finance bill and resurrect it after the deadline for non-finance bills. Dirty pool.

Guns are just too....just too....well, masculine. Libs seem not to care one bit about crime, but GUNNNZZZ, now the very idea normally causes them to soil themselves, but their panties are too bunched up for that.

A lot of this crap is political plagiarism that is presented as the original work , thoughts and efforts of the presenter.
They present, nearly verbatim, legislation, (win, lose, or draw) that was proposed elsewhere,
and attempt to appear they have been engaged in meaningful work.
If we do not get off our collective a$$es, educate people, and get them to the ballot box to remove people of this ilk from office, we are lost.
One of the first things that needs to happen, is a grass roots movement to establish term limits.
But I digress.
Best,
Gary
Term Limits won't do crap unless you purge the Capitol Staff bureaucracy. Just like DC, Olympia has a permanent professional bureaucratic class that get passed from member to member like a political STD, and they both draft/copypasta the legislation and try to gatekeep the opinions they do or do not want the member they pull the puppetstrings on to see.

Washington Democratic lawmakers to again propose ban on high-capacity magazines, other gun restrictions

Isn't this kind of like putting out a headline that it may rain in Seattle? I guess a lot of the reason we have the loss's we have is something like this is "news" to so many gun owners:confused:

They propose this every year. So far we've beaten it every year. Don't only write your own elected representatives, write to the committee chairs and explain why self defense is important, especially after the police have been defunded, and that you are tired of Democrats trying to strip away all individual freedoms.

Ranting and raving on these message boards doesn't help. Writing and calling elected representatives does.
Not really if people refuse to vote. NO lawmakers care if they get a mail room full of angry letters or their phone line jams with mad people calling if they win at election time. A LOT of gun owners proudly announce every couple years that they "stuck it too" the better person running by refusing to vote for them. Since they were not perfect. They showed them by throwing their vote away. Better yet they tell anyone who will listen to them that voting does nothing, slap a cold dead hands bumper sticker on, then are still waiting while we slow the curve for 2 weeks two years later. Rinse and repeat till there is no more rights left :s0054:
Ask the MILLIONS of legal gun owners in CA how this works as they watch their rights float away because they really showed those "Rino's" by not voting for them. Very sad.

Ranting and raving on these message boards doesn't help. Writing and calling elected representatives does.
That doesn't help either. We're talking democraps here. Their minds are set, they don't care if 49% of the people think they are wrong minded. They truly believe they know what's best for the population. As though the citizens are their children, in need of constant and forever nurturing.
You got about the same odds of convincing a hard core anti-Trumper to vote for Donald Trump.
It certainly helps me.
Me too, I guess. Mostly it's just a hopeless feeling after seeing/reading what they are doing/trying to do. That's what 3000 free movies are for.

That doesn't help either. We're talking democraps here. Their minds are set, they don't care if 49% of the people think they are wrong minded. They truly believe they know what's best for the population. As though the citizens are their children, in need of constant and forever nurturing.
You got about the same odds of convincing a hard core anti-Trumper to vote for Donald Trump.

Me too, I guess. Mostly it's just a hopeless feeling after seeing/reading what they are doing/trying to do. That's what 3000 free movies are for.
I always have to laugh when some national talking head says to write or call our Oregon Congressional Senators. Yeah, for sure Ron Wyden and Jeffey Bizerkely are going to change their minds after some alternative public input. No, those guys are hard core ideologues. And my Rep is Cliff Bentz, a RINO for sure.

In the State Legislature, we are still outnumbered. And the opposition constantly shuts down efforts by our side to stop them from doing stupid chit. At least with the IP process we get to vote on it.

It's hard to not give up. As for writing WA legislature as an "interested Oregon citizen" I'm not sure what impact that would have. But ranting and raving here is somewhat satisfying.

I always have to laugh when some national talking head says to write or call our Oregon Congressional Senators. Yeah, for sure Ron Wyden and Jeffey Bizerkely are going to change their minds after some alternative public input. No, those guys are hard core ideologues. And my Rep is Cliff Bentz, a RINO for sure.

In the State Legislature, we are still outnumbered. And the opposition constantly shuts down efforts by our side to stop them from doing stupid chit. At least with the IP process we get to vote on it.

It's hard to not give up. As for writing WA legislature as an "interested Oregon citizen" I'm not sure what impact that would have. But ranting and raving here is somewhat satisfying.
In that case I would consider one of two tacks...
1. "As a resident of a state where this has already been tried who has strong business and personal interests in Washington, I'm begging you, PLEASE learn from our mistakes rather than repeating them yourselves."

2. "As someone considering relocating to your state..." the idea here being even if you're not really planning a move, make it seem like you have it under consideration and thus potentially COULD be a voter whose ballot they need. (Then again, with how WA D's have institutionalized systemic vote fraud...)

I got a response from merkly once. In so many words..."Thanks for contacting me. I've got this. I know what's best."

In that case I would consider one of two tacks...
1. "As a resident of a state where this has already been tried who has strong business and personal interests in Washington, I'm begging you, PLEASE learn from our mistakes rather than repeating them yourselves."

2. "As someone considering relocating to your state..." the idea here being even if you're not really planning a move, make it seem like you have it under consideration and thus potentially COULD be a voter whose ballot they need. (Then again, with how WA D's have institutionalized systemic vote fraud...)
Sooo, lying is the best tak here? Maybe I could pretend to be a diehard D?

I got a response from merkly once. In so many words..."Thanks for contacting me. I've got this. I know what's best."
I sat at a table drinking microbrew with some of my fellow Community Choir members before Covid. They had run into him at the aeroport and had a slobber fest. "Can I get a pic with you? Pretty please? (batts eyelashes)" ...... UGH.

He can kiss my rosy red!!! THAT would be the message I'd send...

They had run into him at the aeroport and had a slobber fest. "Can I get a pic with you? Pretty please? (batts eyelashes)" ...... UGH.
:s0170:

My take on malarky is he thinks he's all that. He thinks he's ron wayden. Who has had a gig at the capitol(s) for 40 years. I have to think he represented all Oregonians at one time. Obviously he only represents one side of the aisle now. Barkley should have come in and tempered that one sidedness of wayden. No, he stepped in as a mini-me of wyden. A "Poser".

Sooo, lying is the best tak here? Maybe I could pretend to be a diehard D?
Tack 1 is only viable for cases where OR has already out-Frootlooped WA. And there's always the art of "a certain point of view"... "negatively considering" is still "considering." And I recommend tacking to imply being either a swing voter, or a disgruntled NeverTrumper "reaching across the aisle"--radical left votes they already have locked up because they don't have anywhere else to go, but they need to care what indies and crossovers think.

:s0170:

My take on malarky is he thinks he's all that. He thinks he's ron wayden. Who has had a gig at the capitol(s) for 40 years. I have to think he represented all Oregonians at one time. Obviously he only represents one side of the aisle now. Barkley should have come in and tempered that one sidedness of wayden. No, he stepped in as a mini-me of wyden. A "Poser".
Well, he got some plum committee assignments and was treated as a Golden Boy. Had a lot of influence and publicity very early. Spoiled rotten brat is what he is...

Tack 1 is only viable for cases where OR has already out-Frootlooped WA. And there's always the art of "a certain point of view"... "negatively considering" is still "considering." And I recommend tacking to imply being either a swing voter, or a disgruntled NeverTrumper "reaching across the aisle"--radical left votes they already have locked up because they don't have anywhere else to go, but they need to care what indies and crossovers think.
Seems like not a bad strategy, but I don't think it's for me. I've always put a high, the highest, value on being a straight shooter.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews