JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only ask because I recall this same bill, or some version of it, from some time ago. At that point it was unlikely to succeed. Or perhaps I am just confusing bills.
We had the votes up until this year. Dems replaced Senator Hobbs (that voted with us) and replaced him with an anti gunner. That the difference from the last 4 years until now. They have the votes to pass it, and they know it.

It doesn't matter how likely it is to pass, or whether it will only ban a few guns or all. We must act as if it has a high chance of passing, as if it will ban every means of self defense you and your descendants would ever need to use. I submitted written testimony against both bills.

The reason crap gets through is that we DON'T fight like the third monkey in line for the Ark EVERY time... they only need to get lucky ONCE, even if it turns the Legislature red for a generation once done it will never be UNdone.

Also remember that if we don't lobby against these bills it doesn't only affect us, it affects our children and grandchildren too. Look at all of the crime that certain politicians have unleashed in only two years. Now imagine 20 years from now. Honest people like us will need tools to defend ourselves against the criminals who try to maim and kill us.

Think about if someone 20 years ago had told you exactly what today would be like... we're here now because we weren't vigilant enough then. We slip up here and we won't get any MORE chances... this is about systematically either driving us from "their conquest" or criminalizing us for disposal like the Kulaks and Untermenschen they see us as.

Think about if someone 20 years ago had told you exactly what today would be like... we're here now because we weren't vigilant enough then. We slip up here and we won't get any MORE chances... this is about systematically either driving us from "their conquest" or criminalizing us for disposal like the Kulaks and Untermenschen they see us as.
20 years ago I had an AR with a pinned/welded A2-looking muzzle brake, pre-ban mags, and the AWB was still in effect, so not much would surprise me from that perspective.

But yes this bill is particularly mean-spirited and needs to go bye-bye.

Though their bills fail to make it into law, every year the anti-gunners get closer to their goals. We win by a hair. But then, hey, the legislative session is over, it's all water under the bridge, and every one goes back to business as usual. I never see any significant attempt to organize between legislative sessions, despite the obvious fact that we'll be in an even more dire state of affairs the following year. I don't get it.

@monkeybutler TBH I was referring not to just gun rights but the whole Crazypills Bizarro World we live in now in its entirety.

@DivCurlGrad72 Simple, we figure "we won now we can go back to earning paychecks and feeding our families", while this IS their paycheck. We need a more longterm org, like getting SAF or CCRKBA to Sack Up, to try to take the offensive via lawfare, initiatives etc.

Nazi Nick Hanauer can put initiatives on the ballot... so can we if we get our heads out of our fourth points, pry our fat butts off couches, sign petitions, donate til it hurts and VOTE LIKE OUR RIGHTS DEPEND ON IT. EVERY TIME.

SB 5217

A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2022, and who has registered the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may continue to possess and transport the assault weapon.

Against federal law I believe!

1. What I'd like to see is that the people that write/wrote & passed these bubblegumty bills come to enforce those laws they passed and not the local LEO's. See how far those idiots get before they hightail their raggady azzes back to wherever & start crying.
2. If any submitted bill is declared unconstitutional, the writers and sponsors are sentenced to 5 years in prison with no possibility of parole.

Dan

Better yet, make every bill pass both State and Fed constitutional review before proceeding to final vote... if found unconstitutional all sponsors IMMEDIATELY expelled and banned from elected or appointed office for ten years.

That hurts 'em more than Graybar Time... they can be reelected as soon as they get out, but ten years cut off from the levers of power basically ends their relevance to the political machine. Also removes them from the Cocktail Party Lists, and makes them irrelevant nobodies shunned by their former buddies, effectively taking the only things they really care about from them.

SB 5217

A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2022, and who has registered the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may continue to possess and transport the assault weapon.

Against federal law I believe!
It's been a law in California for something like 30 years.

I don't think he was in any way saying it makes this bill OK. He was just pointing out that it has been done before.

Has everyone reading this thread asked at least two friends to sign in opposition to these bills? I have.

and the amount of transplants coming here from California in droves
This is something I think about, sometimes. Stats were published recently in my county, covering 1999-2017. I was surprised to note that the number has been fairly stable over that period with a few variations due to economic forces. However, I've read that in the two years since the Covid thing started up, more internal migrants from California have relocated to Texas and Arizona than to Washington state.

For one thing, the advantage of lower real estate prices in Wash. vice Calif. has disappeared, for the most part.

making their side stronger tilting the scales to making all the west coast a mirror a image of they State they just moved from
I wonder about this, too. Maybe some leave to escape onerous gun control issues in Calif. Some of them may help "our side." Although things in that regard are changing in Wash. so that advantage is fast disappearing, also.

Three uber-blue counties, King, Snohomish, and Pierce, are trying to control the rest of the state. Why? Why do they give a crap what people do in places like Grant, Lincoln, Asotin, Ferry, etc. counties?
Because in general, people of that mind think they know best for all concerned. They like to make their point as widely as possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top