JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, it has passed the senate and is now going to the house. Write your state representatives to tell them vote no on 5078. Ask your republican representatives to add amendments to the bill that will hopefully stall things till the end of the legislative session.

Actually, it has passed the senate and is now going to the house. Write your state representatives to tell them vote no on 5078. Ask your republican representatives to add amendments to the bill that will hopefully stall things till the end of the legislative session.
I think @spankytankie69 was referring to the fact that it has not passed to the point where it goes to der fuhrer sminsly...

Wa bill passed senate, headed to house. :/

I think @spankytankie69 was referring to the fact that it has not passed to the point where it goes to der fuhrer sminsly...
I sent the following message to my two Republican representatives:

"By now you know that SB 5078, the magazine restriction ban, has passed the Senate and is headed to the House. This ban will place an undue burden on all law-abiding gun owners in Washington State and will do nothing to prevent crime or even mass shootings. As we all know, criminals don't follow the law and will simply buy their magazines elsewhere.

I, and other gun owners like me, need your help.

The only way to stop a punitive law like SB 5078 is to add amendments to it. If enough amendments are added, each requiring a long, drawn-out debate, we can run out the clock on the legislative session, which ends on March 10.

Until we find lasting remedy through the Supreme Court, will you help us?

Thank you"

AG says the "quiet part" out loud.

In a statement, Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson said, "The Legislature put public safety above the interest of the gun lobby. This historic vote represents an important step toward combatting mass shootings."

This is the sixth session Ferguson has proposed the legislation.

"we're not going to take your guns, this is just a "step"

AG says the "quiet part" out loud.

In a statement, Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson said, "The Legislature put public safety above the interest of the gun lobby. This historic vote represents an important step toward combatting mass shootings."

This is the sixth session Ferguson has proposed the legislation.

"we're not going to take your guns, this is just a "step"
Ferguson is both a demagogue and antigun zealot.

Ferguson is both a demagogue and antigun zealot.
Last time I asked you to state your position for a public hearing regarding your Second Amendment rights, we broke a Washington State record on how many people signed in-- and I'm afraid I need you to do it again.
Senate Bill 5078, which is an extreme magazine ban limiting you to 10 rounds, has a public hearing this Wednesday, February 16th, at 10:00 a.m. in the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee. We NEED you to submit your position for the record and make your voice heard in opposition to this dangerous bill!
Click the link below & follow these instructions:
  • Select - Committee: Civil Rights & Judiciary and Meetings: 2/16/22 at 10:00AM
  • Select Agenda Item: ESSB 5078 Large capacity magazines
  • Select Type of Testimony: "I would like my position noted for the legislative record"
  • Select: "CON"

The larger problem is that state and federal politicians don't appropriately fear their constituents and doing wrong by them. Politics has become a partisan business career (and lucrative) as opposed to volunteer service for the good of all individuals.

The question is how you instill that respect and fear non-violently.

Politicians respond to whatever helps or hinders their careers. Floods of calls and emails will show them people care. Give them a reason they can say they voted your way. One reliable reason is that a super majority of police officers say that gun and magazine laws do nothing to stop crime. 15,000 cops were polled by a national police group. 95% said magazine limits don't do anything. 71% say semi-automatic bans don't do anything.

They are our foremost experts. You can even suggest the politician ask street cops their own opinions. Not chiefs. They will say whatever the mayor says. Street cops. This is a link to a summary of their survey.

Last Edited:
Well, crap!
I was on the list to testify against 5078 but I didn't get my chance
Kudos and Thanks to Big Dan of Sporting Systems for his eloquent opposition to 5078 and to Thanks to Sheriff Ozzie for his opposition to 5078, too.
Finally thanks to all the others who spoke in defense of our rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top