Washington Deer Hunting Guide Recommendations?

Reactions
So, I started deer hunting two years ago and have had zero-success thus far. I've seen a few deer (and been stalked by a cougar...), but never had a good shot at one.

I've been hunting over around Republic in the 204 and 101 GMUs. I guess that I'm doing "spot-and-stalk", but really my strategy has been "show-up and wander around aimlessly looking for a deer". If I were more serious about this, I'd scout the areas multiple times in advance, put up game cameras, etc, etc, etc. But, I don't really have time to do this and am forced to basically show up during the season and hope for the best.

I've been thinking about hiring a guide this year to improve my chances. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations for a guide? What kind of prices should I expect?

I live in the Seattle area; been hunting over around Republic because I have friends over there. I'm open to hunting other areas.

Reactions
Try YJ Guide service out of Davenport Washington. Craig Dowdy runs a class operation and there are plenty of deer. both whities and muleys. I have been hunting the same ranch for 18 years. Send me a PM and I will get you his phone number. You better act fast because he gets booked up quick.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
Top Bottom