JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I started deer hunting two years ago and have had zero-success thus far. I've seen a few deer (and been stalked by a cougar...), but never had a good shot at one.

I've been hunting over around Republic in the 204 and 101 GMUs. I guess that I'm doing "spot-and-stalk", but really my strategy has been "show-up and wander around aimlessly looking for a deer". If I were more serious about this, I'd scout the areas multiple times in advance, put up game cameras, etc, etc, etc. But, I don't really have time to do this and am forced to basically show up during the season and hope for the best.

I've been thinking about hiring a guide this year to improve my chances. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations for a guide? What kind of prices should I expect?

I live in the Seattle area; been hunting over around Republic because I have friends over there. I'm open to hunting other areas.

Try YJ Guide service out of Davenport Washington. Craig Dowdy runs a class operation and there are plenty of deer. both whities and muleys. I have been hunting the same ranch for 18 years. Send me a PM and I will get you his phone number. You better act fast because he gets booked up quick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top