Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Washington DC: Shots fired outside US Capitol, building in Lockdown

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by doobee8, Oct 3, 2013.

1. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Shots heard outside Capitol, building in lockdown

WASHINGTON (AP) — A police officer was reported injured after gunshots at the U.S. Capitol, police said Thursday while putting the entire complex on lockdown.

"There are reports of injuries," said Terrance Gainer, the Senate's Sergeant at Arms.

FBI agents were also headed to the scene.

The reports comes two weeks after a deadly shooting at the nearby Navy Yard and amid a government shutdown.

As a warning was sounded, the House abruptly went into recess and lawmakers left the chamber floor. The House had just finished approving legislation aimed at partly lifting the government shutdown by paying National Guard and Reserve members.

People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities.

The White House was quickly locked down after the incident at Capitol Hill and the stretch of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the compound was closed to pedestrians. Secret Service said the procedures were precautionary.

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Suicide by cop? Disgruntled employee, off meds? liberal or tea partier? I am sure the pundits will speculate and speculate. The photo of the sniper prone in the firing position on the steps of the capital was kinda iconic...in a disturbing way.

Brutus out

3. mpmax

mpmax Woodburn Active Member

I will wager at this early stage of reporting that.....

Woman was unarmed, all shots fired by police.

If correct, I am your new king.

parallax, 2ndtimer, jbett98 and 5 others like this.
  4. TKevlar

TKevlar Eugene, Oregon, United States Active Member

I heard she was driving an AR-15 and had forty eleven 10 round clips!

5. Sling Blade

Sling Blade Yamhill County Well-Known Member

I heard her clips were so big they had extra clips in them!

6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Seriously, only shots fired were by police/secret service and somehow 7 were injured. Go figure.

7. lucifermonkey

lucifermonkey Portland, OR Well-Known Member

ddqz.jpg

8. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

She probably lost it trying to sign-up for obamacare.

Netspirit and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe she just panicked and the steroid heads overreacted as they tend to do.

10. Brutus57

But we don't want any king period.

Brutus out

11. Brutus57

Sounds like a conspiracy is she is the only fatality. Funny how much the capital police are involved in things like this, the Vince Foster immaculate suicide concoction, DC snipers, Navy yard.....I'd almost say they are the FBI's uniformed puppets.

Brutus out

12. sdlsaginaw

sdlsaginaw Oregon Active Member

I hear when she tried to ram the gate that her car was using police-grade premium gas which is extra deadly. Even more shocking, she was able to fill her car without a background check or a waiting period!

13. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I just saw a video on fox showing 2 cops blasting away at her drivers side window.....right before she drove away! Either rounds were bouncing off the glass or a horrible point blank shooter.

14. Brutus57

I'll bet he wishes he still had his 1911. :cool:

What are they smoking in Connecticut? Here's another whack job going off the deep end. It's sad that she had to die but it looks like she wasn't going to stop until the car or her was disabled.

Brutus out

15. richardlpalmer

richardlpalmer Kirkland, WA Active Member

I see the first linked-to story, but every comment after that seems to be in reference to a story not linked in this thread. Help a brother out!

16. Don H

17. Don H

Driver killed after car chase from White House to Capitol - The Washington Post

18. Don H

Disgusting! I bet this woman just freaked out by the cops behavior and it escalated beyond control.

Yeah, it sure is brave to shoot an unarmed woman while here baby was in the car.

19. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Who would have thought that a nation run by a BLK Marxist Muslim would turn it's power against aged White Middle Class War Heroes on the same day that the most heavily armed 'Police" Force on the planet shot down an unarmed woman W/child and then claim they did not know who fired the shots?

20. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

they wanted to claim that they did not know who fired the shots so that all the networks would blame the AR15 that she did not own or carry. Remember if you hear it on the news (any of them) it must be true....