JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just FYI...

Now Recruiting for Reserve Deputy Sheriffs - A Rewarding Way to Get Involved

Do you know someone who would make a great Reserve Deputy Sheriff? We are recruiting for men and women to join our volunteer ranks in these important positions.

Reserves are highly trained volunteers who assist regular deputies with their duties on patrol and in the jail; they also assist with many community events and special enforcement projects.

Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by December 31, 2012, and be free of felony convictions. This is a lengthy and competitive selection process that includes written and physical tests, oral interviews, a background investigation, job shadows, and medical and psychological testing.

Once selected for the program, reserve candidates must attend a 300- to 350-hour training academy that runs annually from January to June during weekday evenings and on some weekends. Much of the training is the same as we provide to regular deputy sheriffs, and it is provided to Jail and Patrol Reserves free of charge in exchange for their volunteer service. Following training, each reserve is expected to provide at least 20 hours of service monthly for patrol reserves, 15 hours for jail reserves.

Please encourage men and women of the highest integrity to apply by April 30, 2012. Visit our Patrol Reserveand Jail Reserve pages to apply online.

I saw that on their newsletter that they e-mailed to me today as well.

It was also nice to see the new Sheriff, Pat Garrett (got to love the name), supports privacy rights of CHL holders like his predecessor Sheriff Rob Gordon did.

I have a friend in the (as it says - lengthy) process of interviewing for actual deputy sheriff, not reserve. It's a heck of a process, he's on step 7, with a few months to go before he gets all the way in. (Step 1 was started in AUGUST!)

My buddy was a Clackamas County deputy sheriff for a year and then decided it just wasn't what he expected and left. Wanted to be in law enforcement for most of his life. All he said is he thought it would be more about helping people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top