JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the Foreigner concert at the fair Friday night. There were no wands, very little checking of bags or purses, either at the concert venue or at the gate. I had my normal carry piece and mags on me, no problem. That is why they call it concealed.

Ada Conty fair, Boise Idaho....
idaho.jpg

That actually makes sense. Unless you're wearing a level 2 or 3 retention holster, the opportunity on a carnival ride for the gun to become dislodged and potentially discharge is pretty high. Anything that makes you go inverted, or bounces you around... I've had my gun pop out of it's holster when taking a fall on a sidewalk once before - that was scary as hell. I switched holster designs after that, but I'm pretty sure the force I felt during that fall is nothing compared to some of the crazy carnival rides I've been on.

Ada Conty fair, Boise Idaho....
View attachment 309689

I had to LOL - I read through the PDF on the banned attire for the Walla Walla fair - they list white street gangs to include "Insane Clown Posse" and "Juggalos" - I've not run into any Juggalos or ICP lovers (are not Juggalos what ICP fanboys/girls call themselves?) who I would peg for anything criminal in nature. I've met some that seemed to be semi-functional retards, others that just have absolute crap for music taste but are otherwise alright folk - but maybe I'm running into different crowds.

I saw The Cure at the same venue about a month ago, they did a very pathetic bag check and that it, no wanding. I wonder why the venue changed their policy or is it up to the bands management decision?
I think they are looking for alcohol more than guns.

That actually makes sense. Unless you're wearing a level 2 or 3 retention holster, the opportunity on a carnival ride for the gun to become dislodged and potentially discharge is pretty high. Anything that makes you go inverted, or bounces you around... I've had my gun pop out of it's holster when taking a fall on a sidewalk once before - that was scary as hell. I switched holster designs after that, but I'm pretty sure the force I felt during that fall is nothing compared to some of the crazy carnival rides I've been on.
A gun doesn't discharge on its own. You have the wrong Holster than. And you can ignore the sign. I ignore those kind of signs all day long. screw that

The last time I rode The Zipper I was pelted repeatedly by loose change and someones disposable Bic lighter.

No more rides while packing for me.

It looks like they forgot to ban stupidly oversized basketball shorts belonging to our Native American gang members.

A gun doesn't discharge on its own. You have the wrong Holster than. And you can ignore the sign. I ignore those kind of signs all day long. screw that

I think you need to read what I wrote again - I never said the gun was going to discharge IN the holster - it's a matter of having appropriate retention on a ride that causes large amounts of centrifugal force that can dislodge a weapon from a holster. The last thing any of us wants is for their gun to leave the holster without it being in our hands. Common sense needs to apply - and I mean real common sense not the Handgun Control Inc version. If you're not wearing a holster with active retention mechanisms you shouldn't be going on carnival rides except maybe the tea cups or carousel.

You can ignore all the no weapons signs you want, as long as you're exercising good judgement while doing so. I too ignore no weapons signs day in and day out - but I also don't go places or do activites with a high likelihood that my weapon will dislodge on it's own unless I'm wearing an appropriate holster. I've had a weapon dislodge from my holster after slipping and falling on an icy sidewalk - and that's a lot less force than some of those carnival rides exert. And for the record, yes, I switched holsters after that.

I think you need to read what I wrote again - I never said the gun was going to discharge IN the holster - it's a matter of having appropriate retention on a ride that causes large amounts of centrifugal force that can dislodge a weapon from a holster. The last thing any of us wants is for their gun to leave the holster without it being in our hands. Common sense needs to apply - and I mean real common sense not the Handgun Control Inc version. If you're not wearing a holster with active retention mechanisms you shouldn't be going on carnival rides except maybe the tea cups or carousel.

You can ignore all the no weapons signs you want, as long as you're exercising good judgement while doing so. I too ignore no weapons signs day in and day out - but I also don't go places or do activites with a high likelihood that my weapon will dislodge on it's own unless I'm wearing an appropriate holster. I've had a weapon dislodge from my holster after slipping and falling on an icy sidewalk - and that's a lot less force than some of those carnival rides exert. And for the record, yes, I switched holsters after that.
I agree with everything you said. And good choice on a different holster

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads