JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to the Don Henley concert last week in Ridgefield, Washington and was the first time they wanted everyone in line.... Watch while in line & if they're wanding then you will be caught & refused entry.
Kinda felt violated by the TSA....

I went to the Don Henley concert last week in Ridgefield, Washington and was the first time they wanted everyone in line....

I saw The Cure at the same venue about a month ago, they did a very pathetic bag check and that it, no wanding. I wonder why the venue changed their policy or is it up to the bands management decision?

I saw The Cure at the same venue about a month ago, they did a very pathetic bag check and that it, no wanding. I wonder why the venue changed their policy or is it up to the bands management decision?

Yeah, it's probably the band's decision to be honest, we couldn't even take pics of him!!!! But being HOH I got a bye...:p:p:p:p 20160717_201803.jpg

On a similar topic. The wife and I are headed to the Tacoma Dome in October to see Def Lepard. NO CCWs allowed there I discovered by reading the tickets. Never been in the Dome ever. I've read they have metal detectors at all doors. No opinion one way or the other just found this interesting. What to do about the long walk back to the car very late at night now? I'll figure it out. :)

The wife and I are headed to the Tacoma Dome in October to see Def Lepard. NO CCWs allowed there I discovered by reading the tickets.

This restriction does not sound legal to me. Does the Washington CHL law allow such bans?

Keep in mind gun haters are not deterred by any law prohibiting false statements.

This restriction does not sound legal to me. Does the Washington CHL law allow such bans?

Correct. You should be free to enter with a WA CPL, and if you are denied entry, you (in my opinion) would have grounds to sue.

RCW 9.41.300 defines:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and
(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070
or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
(ii) Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places—Local laws and ordinances—Exceptions—Penalty. (http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300)

Tacoma dome is Owned and Operated by the City of Tacoma's Public Assembly Facilities Department. Keyword here is "operated".
About Us (http://tacomadome.org/about-us)

This is how CenturyLink gets around the RCW requirement - even though it is a publicy funded/owned stadium, it is operated by a private entity which allows them to ignore the RCW exemption for CPL holders

Went last night. They had the same sign they did two years ago, "weapons" are banned but CHL's are allowed.

There were two very obvious gangs there last night. Young kids 15-19.. Two were looking for trouble

I was on high alert but then Washington County leos stepped their game up and had 4 roving patrols near the two huge crowds of red and blue/black clothes wearing "gangs", three officers per patrol squad, it certainly disrupted the tense atmosphere. I still kept my eyes out for them and myself but it was all good after that.

The fair was fun, but I quickly remembered why I make it a point not to go, I easily spent $100+ in less than two hours (could have gone towards ammo instead), WAY too many young disrespectful kids, long lines, trash everywhere.. Its not for me.

Correct. You should be free to enter with a WA CPL, and if you are denied entry, you (in my opinion) would have grounds to sue.

RCW 9.41.300 defines:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and
(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070
or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or
(ii) Any showing, demonstration, or lecture involving the exhibition of firearms.

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places—Local laws and ordinances—Exceptions—Penalty. (http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300)

Tacoma dome is Owned and Operated by the City of Tacoma's Public Assembly Facilities Department. Keyword here is "operated".
About Us (http://tacomadome.org/about-us)

This is how CenturyLink gets around the RCW requirement - even though it is a publicy funded/owned stadium, it is operated by a private entity which allows them to ignore the RCW exemption for CPL holders

Another way they get around it is to lease or rent out the venue to whomever is using it. This then allows the public entity to be removed from the decision and the renter/lessee can make the policy for their term of use at said venue.

sorry to dig this thread up again-getting ready to go to the Oregon State fair-are they wanding or using metal detector here? While I have my CHL and plan on carrying, just don't want to be hassled.

thanks

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top