JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I renewed my Washington county CHL about 3 weeks ago. I called to schedule an appointment and they had me in the next week. I was in and out in 15 minutes with CHL in hand. I had not had Wa Co CHL in 6 years since I had moved out of state. I didn't even know they would let me renew.
She did say wait time for new applicant appointments was pushing in to August.

I put in my paperwork in Feb and have heard nothing since. I am hoping that they lost my paperwork :huh:

Just got a call from Washington County, someone saw my post and because my S/N is my real name the looked it up and found my paperwork. They sent out the paperwork but I guess a lot of people are not getting it from the post office. So I missed my date but the nice guy signed me up for a new date!

WaCo, thanks :s0155:

Just got a call from Washington County, someone saw my post and because my S/N is my real name the looked it up and found my paperwork. They sent out the paperwork but I guess a lot of people are not getting it from the post office. So I missed my date and they signed me up for a new date!

WaCo, thanks :s0155:

So what is your wait time now? Or do you know yet?

The nice guy was very helpful and even though I missed my apt I got a new one for 2 weeks out :s0155:

Normal wait time was till August I think he said but I might be wrong. They are super busy!

That is what i hear, Just took my class on Saturday, sending everything in this morning. WE shall see, also sent in for my Utah permit, they are suppose to give you a response in 60 days, its the law there.

How can they lose so many applications? I resent mine today so I hope to hear from them soon. Lady I talked to said I should get a notice in the mail telling me my date in 5 business days after they receive it.

Back when I applied for my CHL (2004), my gun safety class was $25 and it took Wash. Co. three weeks to send me my CHL..... ahhhhhh the good ol' days. I have renewed and changed my address two times and every time, I downloaded their application, filled it out and took it in. I called for an appointment and they said I could just walk in.
They had my CHL in the office waiting for me when it was time to renew mine. And the cool thing is that you can conceal carry into the county CHL office.... assuming you still have a valid CHL (not expired).

Funny thing was that the last time I went to renew my license, the lady told me that they had got a call from Beaverton Police because I was stopped for open carry lol. I wish for once the country would stand up for me and educate the city police on ORS 166.173 section 2C.

And don't let a city cops intimidate you by saying they can revoke your CHL for open carry in public.... if so, record the contact, get the officer's name and file a complaint.... only the Sheriff can issue and revoke a CHL, that's what the CHL office told me because I told them I was concerned that the Beaverton Police Officer had threatened me by saying " you know I can revoke your CHL, right".

Wtf. Got a call today about my cch application that I sent in Monday. Apparently I do not reside in Washington county even though I live in tualatin and had to get my marriage license in Washington county. Maybe it's not meant to be.

Wtf. Got a call today about my cch application that I sent in Monday. Apparently I do not reside in Washington county even though I live in tualatin and had to get my marriage license in Washington county. Maybe it's not meant to be.

You are probably better off being in Clackamas County

That is what i hear, Just took my class on Saturday, sending everything in this morning. WE shall see, also sent in for my Utah permit, they are suppose to give you a response in 60 days, its the law there.

Please keep in mind the 60 days countdown starts when they cash your check or bill your card. It took BCI almost a month to bill my card, and an additional month and a half to send me the license.

my wife got a call, after submitting her app from washington county, grilling her as to why she needs a permit (lives in vantucky, works in beaverton). I was livid. They ran it by some higher up and now she has an appointment in August.

Please keep in mind the 60 days countdown starts when they cash your check or bill your card. It took BCI almost a month to bill my card, and an additional month and a half to send me the license.

Well they cashed my check about 3 weeks ago.... IT would be interesting to actualy be able to get a CHL in another state before i get it in the state i live in.

Keep in mind a lot of people are applying for their CHL so expect long waits, especially in counties that are more conservative in nature. Do you really think all of Multnomah county is lining up to get their CHL? No, they are all in line to pay their art tax.

All of my applications/renewals have been during normal non-panic times so I consider them a better judge of which area I'd rather live in. In all cases the permit has arrived in the mail about a week later. Oregon requires you sit in a chair for a few hours and listen to someone talk so I took care of that well in advance of applying for my first Oregon permit.

2000 in Washington State - Walked off the street and into the Bremerton police office and said I wanted a permit. They gave me an application form to fill out, took my photo, prints, and money on the spot.

2003 in Clackamas County - Had to make an appointment a month out and was very limited to crazy hours like 8-10am and 2-4pm. The lady that did it all was very rude on the phone and in person as if she hated her job and didn't like having to deal with people.

2007 in Benton County - Walked in off the street with filled out renewal form. Whoever happened to be behind the counter at the time took my paperwork and handled all of the other essentials and I was out the door in no time.

2012 in Washington County - Made an appointment about a week out. Showed up 10-15 minutes early and they happened to notice me pacing outside and invited me in to start the appointment early. By far the most technologically advanced and professional of all and the lady that did it was amazingly kind and helpful and we had a great time chatting while she took my prints and what not.

I preferred the process in Bremerton, WA and Benton county the most because asking permission for my civil rights was quick and easy. Clackamas was the worst because the process was lengthy and I felt like I was being treated like pond scum and felt that my civil rights were having to be approved by people that hated the fact that I existed. Washington county falls somewhere in the middle so I guess I'll stay here for a bit longer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top