JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I put in my paperwork in December and have heard nothing since. I am hoping that they lost my paperwork :huh:

Edit and Update 5/20/13: it was Feb that I sent in the paperwork and looks like the post office lost it :( but I have a new date now :s0155:

I'm looking to buy a house in Yamhill or Clackamas County. Just wanted to see about Washington County because a house was for sale there. I am going to pass on that situation.

Yeah, I'd go with Clackamas County. Here's how it went down for me to get the CHL. I filled out the form on Clackamas County website a day BEFORE I took the class. I had the instructors email, so I was able to get his NRA Instructors number from him. After I had submitted that, I got an email back from Clackamas County saying I couldn't submit the form before the class, that I had to do it afterwards. I thought, "OK" that's fine. I took the class, called the next day after class to setup an appointment. They didn't have anything that day, but had an opening the day after. Setup the appointment. Went in to Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center, got fingerprinted for my Florida CCW. Went to the CHL office, waited for another couple ahead of me for about 15 minutes. Went in, she took my picture, did my fingerprints, and PRINTED MY CHL on the spot. I walked out of the office with my CHL. That was that. :s0155:

Wow, glad I live in Linn county. Dropped by with no appointment and 2 weeks later I had my CHL.

It would be nice if you could get one anywhere in Oregon, stick it to the counties who make it difficult for people.

I'm looking to buy a house in Yamhill or Clackamas County. Just wanted to see about Washington County because a house was for sale there. I am going to pass on that situation.
I don't know about Clackamas county, but property taxes are cheaper in Yamhill county than in Washington county. Just another thing to consider.

I put in my paperwork in December and have heard nothing since. I am hoping that they lost my paperwork :huh:

They must have. I sent my paperwork in last Friday. I got a letter in the mail today with my appointment date and time today. My appointment is two months out, but it didnt take long to hear back from them (this is for a new conceal license, if that make a difference).

I live in Multnomah county. Took my CHL class last December. I just sent in my CHL application in late April. Receive a letter yesterday with interview appointment in October. 45 days waiting time after interview. Sighs.

I did a search any found nothing so I am asking here:

What is the situation/wait time for Washington County CHL? Hopefully nothing like Multnomah.

Anyone renew lately? I am up in Oct and wonder what the wait time is on a renewal?
They will send you a letter 1 month prior to expiration. Call and set up an appt and your good to go. Print off the paperwork from WCSO website and fill it out and bring it with you. As soon as you receive your letter from them make your appt. Mine took a couple days from when I called. I just renewed last month.

Sent April 23rd, still waiting for my appointment.

I think it's lost.

I got mine 2 years ago, it took about 3 ish weeks or so from my interview to receiving.

We are talking about current wait times. If you want to talk about long long ago, it took 15 days from calling in my appointment to getting my CHL in the mail (back when you could call them up and schedule something a few days away).

My roomie sent his application in on 1/May/2013, and he already received his appointment date. It's mid August.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top