JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm with him on this one. Biggie seems to simply have a poor lack of judgement, and just wants attention with his guns. (People can deny this all they want, but this is how it comes off to me)

If I saw a guy wandering around with a rifle, shotgun.. basically anything that can pump off rounds quickly into large crowds of people, I'd be concerned.

Maybe I'm a sheeple? I don't know. But wandering around with a rifle in the open seems a poor lack of choice. It's easy and cheap to buy a soft case which eases those immediate concerns.

Well that is fine if you wanna be concerned...... I just think that people should keep an open mind. I have never heard of someone "flashing" weapons..... acting calm and cool...... then OH I SHOULD GO ON A RAMPAGE........ just understand that people have the right to open carry and if you really are that concerned then call the police and stay on line and just tell them what you honestly see. I am not saying your one of these people 56kninja........ but a lot of people freak out and want the army to show up to a seen where a person is calmly walking down the street with a holstered weapon....so they call 911 and say YEAH HE LOOKS LIKE A TERRORIST AND HE IS GOING TO RUB A BANK...... people assume a lot of stupid S**T and that is the bottom line when it comes to open carrying. People assume the dumbest things and are brain washed. If you think that I have a lack of good judgment that is your opinion. I have my own opinion about you guys who don't open carrying but I respect your opinion.
If I had "poor lack of judgment" when it comes to guns, I would have shot myself or killed someone by now. I have the right to legally open carry (by law) just as much as you have the right to not open carry. For you to say that I have lack of good judgment for doing so is like me saying you have poor lack of judgment for not open carrying or heck even owning a firearm....... but like I said..... your opinion and that is respected.

I'm pretty well conflicted on this one. It seems to be a case of what's legal may not be in one's own best interests to actually do. Yes, it's wrong that people freak like that.
On the other hand, if I came around the block and 5 police were getting out of their cars with AR's I'd quickly make myself scarce, because common sense tells me there may be a firefight and people sometimes mistake goodies for badies.

I understand why you did it, and doubtless it was a lesson to many officers who aren't firearms guys by nature that you were within your rights. That's good, and there may have been no other way that could happen.

I wouldn't do that, nope, I'm too old to risk the hassle.

Also, as someone said, whether or not it's fair many folks would absolutely
start having news flash syndrome.

I really wouldn't want to put them through that, stupid and reactionary as that may be.

Ok thanks for the comment....:s0155:

I know what you mean about getting frustrated by others posts, especially when they are personal, but don't let it get you down. Just take it with a grain of salt and move on, ya know?

The whole KMart thing makes more sense now. I've done similar things before bringing my shotgun out to my car not in a case. Doesn't seem too big of a deal, but the complex I live in has a pretty big courtyard to get to the street. A couple of my friends freaked out about it a little, and they are gun guys too. They thought it was shady since I live in the middle of Portland and whatnot. I dunno if I'd carry it down the street without a case though, but to each his own.

Overall here, I think you've been able to take some positive stuff from this thread, so good on you :s0155:

Just try not to get too frustrated by a few negative responses here or out in the real world. Sounds like you've had more 'no problems carrying' experiences than problem ones. Good luck!
:s0067:

Years ago in rural Washington Co. a couple buddies & me went plinking. After a long afternoon, we stopped by a little crossroad store to pick up a few things. One buddy had his 22 on his belt. The other buddy had his 9mm on his belt. I didn't.

Walking around in the store, I noticed a clerk get freaked just seeing buddy #1....who was Asian. I was in another part of the store, and a second clerk came out of the rear room....and ran into #2 buddy.....who actually did look a bit unkempt, long haired and perhaps a little....odd.....

The air turned frigid in there, and it got really tense for the clerks AND myself, just as a casual observer. I had come in a little after my buddies and they didn't see me as being with #1 & #2. A little odd, as I was in a concealed carry mode. They had very strained response to 1 & 2, while my own interaction was far less stressful for everyone.

We all made it out of the store and pulled out as a patrol unit pulled in....perhaps a coincidence, maybe not.....

They agreed they had made a tactical blunder in open carry into the store. It could have been a lot worse outcome.

WOW lol that sounds like a crazy time. I have seen these badges that say Conceal Handgun Permit on them..... so I like to get one and hock it up to my duty belt so it looks visible....... take my state issued license (chl or ccw or whatever) card and hang it off my neck and then walk down the street open carrying....... I wonder if people would freak out less..... u know they see the badge and assume your a cop and you can't get in trouble because your not saying visually or verbally that your a cop.... it's just a badge and your state license is your ID lol

www.collectiblebadges.com/media/large_concelaed_handgun_permit.jpg

Well that is fine if you wanna be concerned...... I just think that people should keep an open mind. I have never heard of someone "flashing" weapons..... acting calm and cool...... then OH I SHOULD GO ON A RAMPAGE........ just understand that people have the right to open carry and if you really are that concerned then call the police and stay on line and just tell them what you honestly see. I am not saying your one of these people 56kninja........ but a lot of people freak out and want the army to show up to a seen where a person is calmly walking down the street with a holstered weapon....so they call 911 and say YEAH HE LOOKS LIKE A TERRORIST AND HE IS GOING TO RUB A BANK...... people assume a lot of stupid S**T and that is the bottom line when it comes to open carrying. People assume the dumbest things and are brain washed. If you think that I have a lack of good judgment that is your opinion. I have my own opinion about you guys who don't open carrying but I respect your opinion.
If I had "poor lack of judgment" when it comes to guns, I would have shot myself or killed someone by now. I have the right to legally open carry (by law) just as much as you have the right to not open carry. For you to say that I have lack of good judgment for doing so is like me saying you have poor lack of judgment for not open carrying or heck even owning a firearm....... but like I said..... your opinion and that is respected.

You know, the 9/11 terrorists calmly went through rituals right before they hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings.

As for your lack of judgment, dude, you were going 30+ MPH over the speed limit. That's not only a lack of judgment, it's a lack of respect for others safety. This wasn't an accident when you did this. Regardless of whether you had thought your actions through at the time, you could have easily killed someone.

And you're right, open carry is legal. It should be, but you should also realize the fact that there's been a lot of school shootings. It is brain washed I suppose, but I would be quite a bit more cautious. And if you're trying to help people understand guns, wandering around with a rifle is a terrible way to influence their opinion.

And open carrying at the zombie walk (Regardless of what they told you to wear) was also a reckless thing to do. What if some mentally ill homeless guy thought those were actually zombies? (Don't laugh, it's well within the realm of possibilities.) And then ran up and grabbed the gun off your hip? I doubt you were carrying an empty gun, and started shooting into crowds of people? (Keep in mind, you're in crowds of people, and you wouldn't notice them grabbing it until it's too late.)

I know this seems silly to you. But you seriously need to stop and ask yourself, "What COULD be the result of my actions?" and what can you do to prevent those unsavory results?

You know, the 9/11 terrorists calmly went through rituals right before they hijacked planes and crashed them into buildings.

As for your lack of judgment, dude, you were going 30+ MPH over the speed limit. That's not only a lack of judgment, it's a lack of respect for others safety. This wasn't an accident when you did this. Regardless of whether you had thought your actions through at the time, you could have easily killed someone.

And you're right, open carry is legal. It should be, but you should also realize the fact that there's been a lot of school shootings. It is brain washed I suppose, but I would be quite a bit more cautious. And if you're trying to help people understand guns, wandering around with a rifle is a terrible way to influence their opinion.

And open carrying at the zombie walk (Regardless of what they told you to wear) was also a reckless thing to do. What if some mentally ill homeless guy thought those were actually zombies? (Don't laugh, it's well within the realm of possibilities.) And then ran up and grabbed the gun off your hip? I doubt you were carrying an empty gun, and started shooting into crowds of people? (Keep in mind, you're in crowds of people, and you wouldn't notice them grabbing it until it's too late.)

I know this seems silly to you. But you seriously need to stop and ask yourself, "What COULD be the result of my actions?" and what can you do to prevent those unsavory results?

Ok well let me make a comment about the zombie walk. My weapon was holstered and I had a lanyard on it. Also the chamber was clear.... the mag was loaded but not the pipe. I have had previous training due to my job and interest in firearms. NO I am not law enforcement but I have attended and passed classes offered to Law Enforcement. I am aware of my environment and always have my exposed weapon in mind. If someone thinks that they are gonna just sneak up on me and take my firearm HAHAHAHAHAHAH they will not wanna go that route..... that is a fight to death and I will do anything and everything to not loose that battle. I guess what i'm saying is that i'm not some ding dong with a weapon license who thinks he is the S**T. I have changed some of my ways due to some of the comments i've got on this listing. Yes a car is a weapon.... I do wish I could go back in time and change a few things...... I wish I could have respected my driving privileges but that is water under the bridge and just because I made a mistake in the past with my car does not mean I am gonna go and treat my guns like toys and hurt someone.....
If that's what you guys think about me....... why am I not out there shooting at people? why am I not on the news?.......... it hasn't happened yet and it will NOT happen in the future.

That rifle thing while I walked to Kmart...... that was just that one time.... once the weapon is loaded and holstered that is it, it does not come out for show and tell and the only time it is out of the holster is because there is a situation where I need to defend myself and or others, or a police officer is conducting an investigation and needs to secure my weapons for both of our safty..... I don't open carry my rifle (other then that one time going to kmart and it was UNLOADED WITHOUT MAG.) but I do open carry my pistol.

Do I need to calm it down a bit? YES........
Is there a better way of exercising my 2nd amendment PRIVILEGES? YES.....
At the same time I will not bend over and take it because someone who believes in GUN CONTROL got all bum hurt and scared because he or she thought I was gonna shoot up a place even tho I was calm, cool, and not pointing my weapon at anyone.
In conclusion..... YES some of the things you said 56.... I do agree with and I appreciate the comments.
:peace:

PEACE AND LOVE........... PEACEEEEEEEEEE AND LOVE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok well let me make a comment about the zombie walk. My weapon was holstered and I had a lanyard on it. Also the chamber was clear.... the mag was loaded but not the pipe. I have had previous training due to my job and interest in firearms. NO I am not law enforcement but I have attended and passed classes offered to Law Enforcement. I am aware of my environment and always have my exposed weapon in mind. If someone thinks that they are gonna just sneak up on me and take my firearm HAHAHAHAHAHAH they will not wanna go that route..... that is a fight to death and I will do anything and everything to not loose that battle. I guess what i'm saying is that i'm not some ding dong with a weapon license who thinks he is the S**T. I have changed some of my ways due to some of the comments i've got on this listing. Yes a car is a weapon.... I do wish I could go back in time and change a few things...... I wish I could have respected my driving privileges but that is water under the bridge and just because I made a mistake in the past with my car does not mean I am gonna go and treat my guns like toys and hurt someone.....
If that's what you guys think about me....... why am I not out there shooting at people? why am I not on the news?.......... it hasn't happened yet and it will NOT happen in the future.

That rifle thing while I walked to Kmart...... that was just that one time.... once the weapon is loaded and holstered that is it, it does not come out for show and tell and the only time it is out of the holster is because there is a situation where I need to defend myself and or others, or a police officer is conducting an investigation and needs to secure my weapons for both of our safty..... I don't open carry my rifle (other then that one time going to kmart and it was UNLOADED WITHOUT MAG.) but I do open carry my pistol.

Do I need to calm it down a bit? YES........
Is there a better way of exercising my 2nd amendment PRIVILEGES? YES.....
At the same time I will not bend over and take it because someone who believes in GUN CONTROL got all bum hurt and scared because he or she thought I was gonna shoot up a place even tho I was calm, cool, and not pointing my weapon at anyone.
In conclusion..... YES some of the things you said 56.... I do agree with and I appreciate the comments.
:peace:

PEACE AND LOVE........... PEACEEEEEEEEEE AND LOVE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think you over estimate your abilities. If someone is sneaking up behind you, then you've ALREADY LOST CONTROL. (And how will you know they are in a crowd? Right. You won't.) With even my limited martial arts experience, I know that; If they've got you from behind, and aren't an idiot.. That's not a fight. The fight is already over.

Anyways, it's good that you are learning. And I know it doesn't seem fair, but people get freaked out about weapons. Even some of us, obviously are overly cautious when we see some guy walking around with a rifle out.

Just remember.. Almost everyone is going to over-estimate their own abilities until they screw up. I've seen plenty do it. I've almost taken my foot off because of over confidence when handling a weapon,(Something I though could never happen)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top