JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you wakejoe.... I appreciate you and other's sticking up for me and our rights.

FOR THE REST:
If people wanna freak out and call the cops that is OK...... but don't be so narrow minded, keep in mind that people have rights and could/have licenses and are enjoying their rights. I would be concerned also but who would be calm and minding their own business if they intend to do harm? who would flash their firearms and not think they are gonna get caught? If you wanted to go and hurt someone, would you show off your gun or would you be sneaky till the last minute? I don't mean harm to anyone unless they are gonna take my life or a life of an innocent person. :D

put simply, I guess I question the judgment of someone who chooses to walk around in an urban area with a rifle....particularly if they are hanging near a retail establishment. It's everyone's perogative to call the cops if they feel something is wrong. You don't need to be knowledgable about the law to pick up the phone. Look, like it or not, guns freak people out. I guess expecting our hypersensitized society to act rationally in the presence of a gun is expecting a lot. Inadvertantly sparking that irrationality is something all gun owners should try to avoid unless they like talking to cops.
Again, just my $.02 -but this is all about stealth and common sense.

put simply, I guess I question the judgment of someone who chooses to walk around in an urban area with a rifle....particularly if they are hanging out in front of a retail establishment. It's everyone's perogative to call the cops if they feel something is wrong. You don't need to be knowledgable about the law to pick up the phone. Look, like it or not, guns freak people out. I guess expecting our hypersensitized society to act rationally in the presence of a gun is expecting a lot. Inadvertantly sparking that irrationality is something all gun owners should try to avoid unless they like talking to cops.
Again, just my $.02 -but this is all about stealth and common sense.

well it was off to the side of the store........ way on the otherside...... I was far enough hahahahahaha i was not at the front door guys lol come on now

Oh it's been like that my whole life SPIDER lol, whether I am doing something or not...... there is something about me that just stands out lol. But I know what you mean and i'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Yeah I was in the same boat when I was a juvenile being 17, 260lbs, 6'2" and southeast Asian. I was stopped and questioned many times for walking around Portland at 9 pm Or being at a god damn Starbucks until midnight. Those same damn people who call you in for open carry are probably the ones who call in license plates for illegal u turns in BEAVERTON.

I would rather Call the cops and be wrong then do nothing and hear on the news later that night that a bunch of people got shot up.

+1

Although you did nothing wrong and people do need to learn to be more comfortable with the idea of carrying firearms, I wouldn't bring any attention to me, just in case they decide to get crazy and revoke you for too many interactions with police.
You never know.

But I like your style. You need to fight for your rights, and the best way is to use them

You push the envelope, you ask for trouble now or later. Sure it's legal but with the current political environment it might not be for long.

You have a CHL, my opinion is carry that way or take up the offer of the gun case.

97mph in a 60 shows me the same lack of concern you have for the rest of us that appreciate our remaining 2nd rights and concealed carry. Push your own envelope, not mine.

I would hazard to guess you weren't one of the many that wrote that blank check to the USA...

Sounds like biggie just wants attention and contraversy.Not many of us whether it's "our right or not" walk around on the streets with a rifle.Come on dude get real,What do you expect people to think? You'd be on my radar too.Cudos to Washington County

Sounds like biggie just wants attention and contraversy.Not many of us whether it's "our right or not" walk around on the streets with a rifle.Come on dude get real,What do you expect people to think? You'd be on my radar too.Cudos to Washington County

I think that is an ignorant point of view.... I've known Bigg for SEVERAL years, and he's often been the target of mislead "investigations"... most by the BPD.... He's a cool guy that insists his rights are not infringed on. I'm a white guy in his 30's.... if I would pull the same crap I would be let go... NO QUESTION!... it's been proven in the past. To be honest I have a much more questionable history and demeanor than him. Yes We both have our CHL, Yes we are both smart-aXXes.... BUT! He's never posed a threat to anyone that didn't deserve it. In all honesty, if I was in the exact same circumstance that y'all are questioning (K-mart) Noone would think twice..... Ask me how I know... c'mon I dare ya....lol;)

I think that is an ignorant point of view.... I've known Bigg for SEVERAL years, and he's often been the target of mislead "investigations"... most by the BPD.... He's a cool guy that insists his rights are not infringed on. I'm a white guy in his 30's.... if I would pull the same crap I would be let go... NO QUESTION!... it's been proven in the past. To be honest I have a much more questionable history and demeanor than him. Yes We both have our CHL, Yes we are both smart-aXXes.... BUT! He's never posed a threat to anyone that didn't deserve it. In all honesty, if I was in the exact same circumstance that y'all are questioning (K-mart) Noone would think twice..... Ask me how I know... c'mon I dare ya....lol;)

did anyone ever question his race or did he even mention his race or color? If your pulling a race card on this that is just bs. In the current state that this country is in anyone carrying a Rifle around in a public place such as kmart, REGARDLESS of race is just plain stupid and BEGGING for the attention... Have you not seen the news in the last few weeks? There has been a shooting or 2 sometimes 3 times a week! and in public places! Come one use your damn brains.

AND just because you Know the guy doesn't mean that every other person walking down the same road does.

did anyone ever question his race or did he even mention his race or color? If your pulling a race card on this that is just bs. In the current state that this country is in anyone carrying a Rifle around in a public place such as kmart, REGARDLESS of race is just plain stupid and BEGGING for the attention... Have you not seen the news in the last few weeks? There has been a shooting or 2 sometimes 3 times a week! and in public places! Come one use your damn brains.

AND just because you Know the guy doesn't mean that every other person walking down the same road does.

Then explain why I can do it.... police driving past me and even waving (at Safeway) while carrying an SKS that IS loaded and NOT 22r compliant (found out later).... OR police sitting across the street from my house IN TOWN while I take my guns (several of them) outside in plain view to photograph them.... and they later state that those are "nice guns"..... but he can't.... if you deny that there is racism then you have an issue that needs to be adressed.... DENIAL
It's simple.... A man should be judged on his actions, not the fear of others... Dosen't he need to pose a threat before he's deemed a threat?..... I don't give a rat's aXX about how many shootings have happened. The simple fact is that he does not deserve to be patronized because of the acts of others. He has the same rights and liberties as any of us "white folks".... but he is much more likely to be questioned.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed.

It's hard to prove that his race was in question, BUT..... if he was johnny redneck with a shotgun this wouldn't be an issue!

Sounds like the police and you find yourselves in the same place more often than the rest of us. But then Ive never dawned a loaded rifle at a supermarket either.
You seem to support not even needing a CHL. We have the right to free speach as well.
But we dont say certain things that represent us in a bad way either.
Your friend found himself in trouble because he does careless things.

it's not the careless things that got him in trouble... and I don't do these things out of habit either.... I was simply caught without a ride and a loaded weapon.... I expected to have to answer to "big brother"....lol, but they just realized that I was joe schmoe and went on thier way.... that NEVER happens with Bigg.... PERIOD.
It took me a long time to admit that he was being profiled.... but the simple fact is IT"S TRUE!....
If he was acting suspicious or threatining I would be the first to say he's a dumbaxe.... but he was just waiting for a ride with an unloaded weapon.... y'all are just paranoid and opinionated stereotypical scardy cat americans.....:)
Maybe you should stop watching the news so intently or leave the newspaper at the doorstep.:s0114:

perhaps this guy DOES conduct himself so as to attract extra attention. Perhaps he bgets it because he's not WASP. No matter. UNTIL he violates the law he cannot legally be deprived of his gun rights OR concealed carry rights.

The root issue here is, as mentioned, that far too many in our society have taken up the mantra that ALL guns are evil in and of themselves, and that ALL who own them are criminals. See how far down that insane road California have got. If you like that scenario, and want it here, then bow down to those who would impose their psychoses upon the rest of us. Hide under the winepress, carry your own weapons in shame... and watch California's tyranny move north. The best thing that can happen to prevent that is for more to carry their weapons, legally and non-menacingly, endure the police attention, and carry on normally.

I sincerely wish that every time someone calls the cops over a "man with gun" incident, there would be a follow-on call from the police to communicate to the "concerned citizen" (who should ALWAYS be required to identify himself to the contacted agency) to debrief the informant. Either there was no subject located, the subject was located and charged with a (named) specific violation, or the subject was contacted and no violation was found, the informant then having the exercised rights explained. Also, a local list of complainers should be kepy, and those who abuse their right to call be contacted, advised of gun laws and advised that continued baseless complaints will be addressed.

Time the population at large learn what is legal in regards firearms and our Second Ammendment.

I say "good on yer" to anyone who does not fear pushing the envelope in the eyes of the ignorant public. Else there will be continued pressure from the ignorant to rid society of ALL arms... they think. Then everywhere will become like DC, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Mexico..... where gun violence is a way of life and none can defend against it as none might legally bear a means of defense.

Your are probably right!!!!!!!!!!We are likely paranoid, opininated, sterotypical scardy cat americans.
We also: pay taxes, fear god, follow rules, vote, defend our country with our lives(most of us) help others, dont accept handouts, keep our mouths shut when needed, dont air our dirty laundry, watch the news, respect others and their property, obey the law, keep under the radar......Im sure youve heard about us before though.

Or maybe everyone realizes the delicate issue at hand here. There is a Democrat in the White House that has made it abundently clear his distaste for firearms. Instead of provoking the issues at hand, why not use a little more discretion and be apart of the solution instead of part of the problem. Anyone can throw in the fact that their rights to bear arms are being infringed upon. But in order for us to keep those rights requires us to think before we act. Carrying a rifle in the middle of town isn't the smartest thing to do, he could have easily walked up to the store and hopped a ride back to his place to retrieve his firearms and ammo.

The root issue here is, as mentioned, that far too many in our society have taken up the mantra that ALL guns are evil in and of themselves, and that ALL who own them are criminals.

This is so truth, most people are unaware that good citizens carry guns. ONLY criminals and LE. I dont do open carry but I am completely support people that open carry to educate other thats good citizen have the right to carry also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top