JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh I feel this way about many non-2A issues too. If the existing laws aren't enforced against the knuckleheads who trash public lands, what specifically does another layer of bureaucracy accomplish? Nothing. Then we end up with the tax to implement the new regulations and the bans to help improve the regulations, and before you know it we are nanny state California where nobody will ship stickers and BB guns because of Prop 65's carcinogen restrictions.
I'd try and discuss it with you, but government seems to be the last thing you might like to have a conversation on.

Contrary to belief, government works.

Just because you may not agree with everything, doesn't mean everything government does is without meaning.

I never said that nothing government does works, nor that I disagree with all laws. So if that is a concept you disagree with then you aren't disagreeing with me.

I agree with other posters. The problem is lack of enforcement of current laws (just like a lot of other gun control!)

Now in this case, lack of enforcement is due to lack of funding and lack of LEO officers.

I would support a program that would aim to catch more litterbugs and unsafe shooters and fine the crap out of them, then use those funds to generate more cleaning, more law enforcement presence, and more dedicated shooting spots!

To kick that off you might need to use citizen enforcement, or cameras :eek: but it would be better than more useless toothless regulation that only a handful will even know exist or bother to follow.

We couldn't afford the tax increase for state government to actually enforce littering laws.;) And if they did, we'd have more songs like Alice's Restaurant.

I mentioned Trash No Land in my comments, and encouraged them to work with outdoor groups on organized cleanups.

I'm appalled at the garbage that shooters leave on public land. There are some jerks leaving household trash out there but shotgun hulls, steel casings, .22 brass, empty ammo boxes, and improvised targets are far and away the bulk of what I pick up.
06.jpg

We couldn't afford the tax increase for state government to actually enforce littering laws.;) And if they did, we'd have more songs like Alice's Restaurant.

I mentioned Trash No Land in my comments, and encouraged them to work with outdoor groups on organized cleanups.

I'm appalled at the garbage that shooters leave on public land. There are some jerks leaving household trash out there but shotgun hulls, steel casings, .22 brass, empty ammo boxes, and improvised targets are far and away the bulk of what I pick up.
View attachment 700429

A sad part of that pic is the brass bucket! It's too empty. And, filthy shotgunners. Hey I know? Let's ban shotguns on forest land. You will still be allowed to use them in the field. And that will spread their litter around so it's not so visible. That should cure the problem.

A sad part of that pic is the brass bucket! It's too empty. And, filthy shotgunners. Hey I know? Let's ban shotguns on forest land. You will still be allowed to use them in the field. And that will spread their litter around so it's not so visible. That should cure the problem.
I've only duck hunted a handful of times, once I found it amazing how many wads were floating on the little swamp area we were in.

I've only duck hunted a handful of times, once I found it amazing how many wads were floating on the little swamp area we were in.

No doubt. I was really just being facetious. Well, except the part about the empty brass bucket.;) At least it's easier to see someone shooting ducks and not able to retrieve some hulls? Not that it's right, but.....

To paraphrase a wonderful movie line..."Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!" Sometimes I just get "ruled-out" with the whims of politics and our "leaders" and their ideas of "betterment" for the masses. Glad I won't see life in 2050!

To paraphrase a wonderful movie line..."Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!" Sometimes I just get "ruled-out" with the whims of politics and our "leaders" and their ideas of "betterment" for the masses. Glad I won't see life in 2050!
Lol thanks for the morbid thought

Last Edited:
The way I see it......

If the Govt really wants, "safer".

It's time to have dedicated shooting RANGES.

Think.....
A backstop/berm of dirt. So, no need for "steel core ammo" restrictions. Plus, at a dedicated range, IF done right.....less trash and folks could sift the berm to recycle the lead. And well, toilet facilities can be installed too.:p

IMHO....the state and county depending on private clubs is short-sighted.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads