JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to an LGS to pick up my new P226 Legion. The sales person is a good guy Ive dealt with before and we decided to time the BGC after talking about my 3 1/2 hour ordeal in Oregon. He clicked the automated submission button and it cleared in 3 seconds. 3 feaking seconds. AND it was free and I didnt have to get fingerprinted again. Oregon people, you all are getting the shaft!

In what State? Washington was pretty fast for me and last December in Oregon it came back approved instantly. The store owner was about to get up from his computer while hitting enter and the screen refreshed as approved.

We're well aware we're getting the shaft :mad:

I've had no issues with BGC speeds in Oregon. My issue is paying this state yet another $10 of my money for the privilege of purchasing something I have the right to own. I made the decision a while ago that I will purchase long guns in WA from this point on, if for no other reason than to give Oregon the middle finger and keep my $10. Prozanski, Brown and the rest of them can suck it!!!!

Couldn't agree more, etrain. In April, I had 2 separate experiences at Oregon gun stores and the wait times were 3hours+ and 40 minutes each. Just this past Saturday I had purchased a long gun in Washington while on a mini vacation and immediately after filling out the paperwork they told me to go to the register and pay. I already figured I was tax exempt but was really happy about not having to pay a background check fee. After I paid I had asked if the background check was all good and they said I was in and out with no wait. I may as well continue to buy long guns in Washington too. ;)

Ever since I got my CHL and had an NFA item in my name thats about as long as my BGC's take. FFLs dont seem to think there is correlation but I know for a fact my BGC times were much slower before filing for those two things.

Glad you got your new toy, and fast. :D

Even here in Co, I get approved before the finger comes off the enter key. Looks like the F.B.I. finally figured it out. Haven't been to Orygun for a while, But I bet I would get delayed or denied AGAIN! I'm with etrain16, why pay for the privilege to own something I have a right to! I am so done with The Peoples Republic of Orygun! They can take the income tax, the property tax, the Gun BCG fee's and all the rest and SHOVE IT Up There JACKSY!!! Kalifornication sure has spread into Orygun and infected the way of life. Used to be it was a super awesome state to live in, very pro 2nd freedoms, now, its Kalifornications retirement communities!:mad::mad::mad: You guys should print up Bumper stickers, FREE OREGON!!!

Do you guys that are getting held up have a CHL?

I've never had a problem having mine completed in just a couple mins.
Or is your name John Smith?

I have a very rare name, a CPL and I'm an LEO with quarterly NCIC checks. In WA, my BGCs come back instantaneously. In OR, it seems to be whenever OSP decides to do it and to hell with whatever else you wanted to do with your day.

I've never spent more than a few minutes waiting when buying in OR. WA has a three day waiting period for handguns whereas I only have to go to the store once in OR.

I bought a Ruger Blackhawk and a AR at a small gun shop in Oregon. The owner hit the send button and his computer beeped a reply before he could step away. Walked out with both in hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top