JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson wants to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, his office announced Wednesday.

Ferguson's office said the AG will submit agency request legislation in the 2017 legislative session to ban certain weapons. The bill would ban weapons such as the AR-15 and limit magazine capacity to a maximum of 10 rounds of ammunition — the state currently does not have a limit.

"The recent tragedy in Mukilteo drives home the need to act with urgency to end the availability of weapons designed with only one purpose — to kill people," Ferguson said. "I have a duty to protect the public, as well as uphold the constitution. My proposal will ban some of the deadliest weapons, while respecting the Second Amendment right to bear arms."

Three people were killed and one person was injured when a 19-year-old began shooting during a party in Mukilteo in July. Police say Allen Ivanov used a semi-automatic AR-15.

Sen. David Frockt (D-46) and Sen. Kevin Ranker (D-40) are working with Ferguson to craft the legislation.

Ferguson's proposal targets sales, not current ownership. The legislation would not require registration of existing weapons.Washington AG supports ban of assault weapons

Typical move by a democrat.

Importantly, it shows us why the gun grabbers wanted universal back ground checks. I-594 was just the start. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest you if you voted for it.

Aloha, Mark

Next will be something similar coming from the Oregon Attorney General...

Folks, don't be complacent in November, get out and vote, take someone with you who didn't vote last time round. Time to get these constitution violating individuals out of office!

This guy is a jackwad just like hillary.

NYT probes lobbying ties of AG Bob Ferguson and former AG Rob McKenna
Posted by Jim Brunner

Update: In an interview, Ferguson says the NYT piece contained critical omissions. In particular, Ferguson said it failed to mention that he was one of the attorneys general who did file a lawsuit against 5-Hour Energy. He said the NYT also failed to mention he'd returned the campaign contribution referred to in the story, from a firm linked to 5-Hour Energy, in July after realizing its connection to the company his office was investigating.

"I don't want that appearance," Ferguson said. "I am sensitive to that." He said he has also returned campaign contributions received from other companies his office is investigating, to avoid any appearance of conflict-of-interest.

Original post
The New York Times published an extensive investigative report Wednesday detailing how corporate lobbyists and lawyers influence state attorneys general, using "campaign contributions, personal appeals at lavish corporate-sponsored conferences and other means to push them to drop investigations, change policies, negotiate favorable settlements or pressure federal regulators."

Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson and former Attorney General Rob McKenna both appear in the article — and the picture painted is not flattering.

Auntie Kate got into office because people want to play political games. Can't vote blindly behind a D or R.

Also judges make everything legal. When the ballots come around I admit I don't know how to look into a judge's history.

I wonder how many lawful defenders will get killed because of this magazine limit

Start at 0:40

That's exactly why my night safe has 2 extra mags in it;).

Just a personal critique, I would have use a choke point in the house and not be standing in the middle of a room... And my wife would have another gun not just a cell phone.

Good topic point though:)

So where is the active opposition to this? What organizations here in WA are mounting an offensive against this? I'm ready to support whoever it is.

Next will be something similar coming from the Oregon Attorney General...

Folks, don't be complacent in November, get out and vote, take someone with you who didn't vote last time round. Time to get these constitution violating individuals out of office!
Best damn post right here ^^^

So where is the active opposition to this? What organizations here in WA are mounting an offensive against this? I'm ready to support whoever it is.

Second Amendment Foundation
And I don't particularly care what a lot of people say but the NRA is paramount for our 2A cause.
Also, it is up to the citizens of this (or any other state) to voice their displeasure at the proposals of their elected officials. I will not leave the balance of my rights to anyone but myself if I did not even make a stand or voice my displeasure with my elected officials.
Lets not be complacent as we have been in the past, this is THE time to stand our ground.

"You are either with us...as Americans. Or, You are against us. There is no IN BETWEEN."

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

Can't leave that to chance. Especially with the Ceasefire people pushing their initiatives. I-594 was just the start, the easiest to pass. Now they're emboldened and Ferguson is up for re-election.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top