JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recall reading something on Giffords regarding the 10 day wait not being mandatory, and dealers can use their discretion to release firearms no sooner than 3 days. I know 1639 probably throws a wrench in this, but what about handguns?

Is this fake news, or are the dealers in Washington just appealing to the state and making us wait 10 days?

I recall reading something on Giffords regarding the 10 day wait not being mandatory, and dealers can use their discretion to release firearms no sooner than 3 days. I know 1639 probably throws a wrench in this, but what about handguns?

Is this fake news, or are the dealers in Washington just appealing to the state and making us wait 10 days?
The problem with all these laws is they tend to get very mixed up. In WA you can buy a long gun that is not semi auto as soon as they get the OK that you passed. Can often less than an hour since it's the Feds they are checking with.
Now if you want a long gun that is semi auto it's now an "Assault Weapon" by law here. There is a 10 day wait and you have to swear you passed a class to learn. Again need the background check.
Now if you want to buy a hand gun here you have to pass not only the Feds check, you have to get your CLEO to sign off. This will be the Chief of Police or Sheriff depending on where you live. That is the 10 business day wait. The CLEO has 10 business days to either say yes, no, or wait. If the FFL does not hear back after the 10 days they "may" let the hand gun walk. Some will do this, some will not. This is why it's VERY important to ask FIRST before you pay for the gun. If you pay first, a month goes by, they have not heard, and now you want your money back? Well the FFL can charge you for their time here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top