JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People don't like paying taxes...I know I don't. but all the same, I like to have roads to drive on, snow cleaned off the passes, police/fire service, etc., etc., etc... When we cheat the state, we actually cheat ourselves and each other....(of course, that is the "high" road and the ideal....which isn't what my wallet understands.)

This is what the wise buyer will do now that WA State is selectively enforcing the revenue collection on FFLs

Nothing "selective" about it. ALL FFL's in WA should have been notified of the requirements. The FFL's can decide whether to break the law or not. If caught they have to pay the taxes and fines out of their pocket. To avoid this they could actually follow the law. It's very simple!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

i just had a trade transfer done with C&C (vancouver) and the Gun Broker (portland) and was not charged sales tax because there is no "purchase price" to collect tax on...however if i was buying then tax would have been collected on the "purchase price" not the assesed value of the firearm...

That would be just like trading a car in.you pay tax on the "difference" not the total value.
Taxes have already been payed on the items traded

Yes if I remember right WA State is now "THREATENING" FFLs that they have to collect tax on ALL interstate transfers, even gifts/trades

Threatening?
Are you off your meds again? Why say threatening when it's a state law? Why bring drama in to it?
All they are doing is telling the FFL's that they want them to collect the tax as they are supposed to do.No threats involved

When we make everything "them against us" ,dialog takes a turn for the worst

People don't like paying taxes...I know I don't. but all the same, I like to have roads to drive on, snow cleaned off the passes, police/fire service, etc., etc., etc... When we cheat the state, we actually cheat ourselves and each other....(of course, that is the "high" road and the ideal....which isn't what my wallet understands.)

Unfortunately, that's not the bulk of what the state spends our money on. It is, however, what they will threaten to cut first when their feifdom is threatened. I'm all for paying taxes, providing I get my money's worth. Are you getting your money's worth? I'm waiting for a government that cringes when they have to ask for more of my hard earned money, not one that automatically thinks it must be theirs.

Unfortunately, that's not the bulk of what the state spends our money on. It is, however, what they will threaten to cut first when their feifdom is threatened. I'm all for paying taxes, providing I get my money's worth. Are you getting your money's worth? I'm waiting for a government that cringes when they have to ask for more of my hard earned money, not one that automatically thinks it must be theirs.

Well said.

I have no doubt this will get me banned on this forum but you can stick your retirement pay up your ***!

I heard on Lars the other day that a retired officer gets $72,000 a year as a pension for service. It would take a non-public servant to have saved at least 2.7 million dollars to come up to that amount. That just makes me sick. Thanks God for Unions breaking states and making people pay more in taxes so they can earn 20 times more in retirement than the poverty level.

How many people are going to get $72,000 a year retirement on this board.

I heard on Lars the other day that a retired officer gets $72,000 a year as a pension for service. It would take a non-public servant to have saved at least 2.7 million dollars to come up to that amount. That just makes me sick. Thanks God for Unions breaking states and making people pay more in taxes so they can earn 20 times more in retirement than the poverty level.

That is on the assumption that they worked for 30 years and made a salary of $120,000 average salary over the 30 years. Not sure where he got the info but with an average salary over the career of $85,000 for 35 years the pension will be just over $59,000 per year.

Under LEOFF2 they get 2% of their final average annual pay per year of service. I think you would be hard pressed to find one making $72,000/yr unless they were up in the ranks in a larger department. The average yearly wage for the ones that don't work much OT, it seems about 10% work the majority of the OT, make between $70,000/yr and $85,000/yr. I know a few officers who after 34 years are making upwards of $120,000 but that is with tons of OT and you still have to factor in the rest of their years wages into the average when computing retirement pay.

That is on the assumption that they worked for 30 years and made a salary of $120,000 average salary over the 30 years. Not sure where he got the info but with an average salary over the career of $85,000 for 35 years the pension will be just over $59,000 per year.

Under LEOFF2 they get 2% of their final average annual pay per year of service. I think you would be hard pressed to find one making $72,000/yr unless they were up in the ranks in a larger department. The average yearly wage for the ones that don't work much OT, it seems about 10% work the majority of the OT, make between $70,000/yr and $85,000/yr. I know a few officers who after 34 years are making upwards of $120,000 but that is with tons of OT and you still have to factor in the rest of their years wages into the average when computing retirement pay.

He got the info from the caller who was telling him how much his retirement is and he said he earned it? Lars then proceeded to ask him if that was fair to everybody else who goes to work everyday and are not able to put over 2 million in the bank to retire at that rate. Well the guy could not answer but he sure thought his was deserved. I know what I say but I will be quiet.

This is why most states are going bankrupt. PERS in Oregon is a total mess along with many other states. My friends sister is beaching because she has to pay $12 a month now for health insurance and she thinks thats unfair.

Not me alone but together the wife and I together will.

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
South West Washington Arms Collector member

As I remember a LEO can retire in 20 years with full pay in WA. I know of a couple that are both retired LEO and drawing pretty much full pay and both claim to be disabled due to on the job injuries. That makes their pay non-taxable.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

As I remember a LEO can retire in 20 years with full pay in WA. I know of a couple that are both retired LEO and drawing pretty much full pay and both claim to be disabled due to on the job injuries. That makes their pay non-taxable.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Full wages and non taxable. Must be nice should have been a cop instead of going into the service where you get CRAP if you die or injured compared to city, county, state, and federal workers.

Well at least I know most people won't be able to retire but I least I know I earned what I get, and it sure the heck won't be thousands of dollars a month. Some of these people are retiring with more money than the General of the Army. How in the (*E(I could that be. I guess they worked hard.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

I have yet to meet one that makes full pay, and I know tons including two on disability retirement under LEOFF1. Neither LEOFF1 and LEOFF2 pay out 100% for any reason. Most of the guys that retire on "disability" are covered under LEOFF1, which was phased out in the late 70's, because the disability pay under it is higher than standard retirement. They pretty much fixed that in LEOFF2.

This is true. Interesting that you are just now being notified. That law became effective in June, 2010, I believe.

Sales tax must be collected on all firearms, used as well as new.

This is true. Interesting that you are just now being notified. That law became effective in June, 2010, I believe.

Nope, the law was in effect over 5 years ago, just wasn't well enforced. that's why I said I wish the DOR had left the original date on their website.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

This just does not seem right. I know I paid sales tax on a vehicle through my business when I bought it. Well 7 years later I put it in my own name and no sales tax is to be paid as I did it years ago. Why should you pay tax on something twice or even three times or more? I can see if it is comeing into the state but if they were here already well I call BS.

This just does not seem right. I know I paid sales tax on a vehicle through my business when I bought it. Well 7 years later I put it in my own name and no sales tax is to be paid as I did it years ago. Why should you pay tax on something twice or even three times or more? I can see if it is comeing into the state but if they were here already well I call BS.

If you can prove that sales/use tax was paid before then you only owe on the difference between the value then and now. If it went up then you pay, if it went down.... well tough!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

If you can prove that sales/use tax was paid before then you only owe on the difference between the value then and now. If it went up then you pay, if it went down.... well tough!

See there is the problem. I do not know how many times I had to call and remind them I payed tax on my vehicle. I ran 7 yrs in WA with Oregon plates as my business is based there. I even had a WA State Trooper ask me why is your vehicle not regeistered in WA I informed him see the little sticker taxs have been payed:huh: He said oh:( I do not even know if he knew what I was talking about.

What I am trying to say is that the state is not going to know you payed taxs on it period. I also think it is the dumbest law around. We give tax exemption status to Oregon res. So if we as Wa res buy a gun in Or why should we pay taxs! :s0013:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top