JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think they will be surprised at how strong the resistance would be to such a ballot push. We are pretty passionate about our rights, and we are not fooled by the politicians. We also know they can change any laws in WA with a simple majority vote after two years. We don't want them getting anything more restrictive on the books so they can twist it.

This article is from The Columbian Newspaper,

Gun background checks headed for ballot? | The Columbian

If and when The Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility put forth the ballot measure for a statewide vote. I am wishfully hopeful that more WA state citizens will register to vote and registered voters will actually vote. I know there are a number of single issue voters out there, both for and against this upcoming measure. If you're one of the single issue voter, I hope you participate on this one.

I will push hard for everyone to vote. We need to counter the votes coming from up north. (This should be the norm every election).

Let your voice be heard!!!

I think they will be surprised at how strong the resistance would be to such a ballot push. We are pretty passionate about our rights, and we are not fooled by the politicians. We also know they can change any laws in WA with a simple majority vote after two years. We don't want them getting anything more restrictive on the books so they can twist it.

Frankly, I'm surprised at the number of gun owners who might actually support this nonsense.

DO NOT SIGN THE INITIATIVE PETITION!!!!!!!!

I remember in 1997 people heading into the NRA convention in Seattle were willing to sign Initiative 676. How stupid is that?

Anti-gunners will launch gun control initiative campaign

Washington state firearms owners will learn Monday morning what kind of fight they will have on their hands when a group calling itself the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility – which sounds increasingly like “gun registration” – reveals its political plans.

<broken link removed>

Oh no.

There will BE NO VOTE on this.

I hadn't considered them taking this approach.

Votes cast electronically have been rigged for
over a decade.

We'll have more "Take the guns away" votes than we have voters.

This could be bad.

FOLLOW-UP MONDAY:

Politics, gun safety and separation of church and state

If it were any issue other than firearms, this morning's press conference involving what a press release described as "Dozens of interfaith and denominational faith leaders&#8212;under the banner of the Faith Action Network (FAN)" would be vilified for crossing the invisible line of separation of church and state.

<broken link removed>

Damn. Just got my CPL in Wa. However I am flying down to Reno tonight to interview for good job tomorrow. If I get it we'll see what Nevada gun laws are like. I worry we now have two many Californicators here now to stop this nonsense. And mostlin our state house don't follow the people's will on these referendums and initiatives but the dems will this one. They won't be happy till things get really out of control.

Brutus out. :(

FOLLOW-UP MONDAY:

Politics, gun safety and separation of church and state

If it were any issue other than firearms, this morning's press conference involving what a press release described as "Dozens of interfaith and denominational faith leaders&#8212;under the banner of the Faith Action Network (FAN)" would be vilified for crossing the invisible line of separation of church and state.

<broken link removed>

At what point does a church lose it's tax exempt status?

Abortion, capital punishment, I can see as a religious issue, but gun control?

How is that a non political issue, take away the tax exempt status.

This is very scary. If it happened in Oregon, the liberal masses in Portland and Eugene would vote it into law. If the WA anti's are successful, the Oregon anti's will follow suit.

I got the email from WAGR today.

Any such initiative would of course violate the WA state constitution, not to mention the Bill of Rights.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

This is very scary. If it happened in Oregon, the liberal masses in Portland and Eugene would vote it into law. If the WA anti's are successful, the Oregon anti's will follow suit.

Get pro-active. Get OFF or someone with connections to author a pro-gun referendum that re-affirms your right to bare arms, semi-automatic weapons, and extended magazines. Put it in every gunship and gumshoe, we'd have the votes in no time.

Sick of waiting for the hammer to fall. Eye push back on these people. I'm a liberal living in Portland, and I refuse to let my party bend me over like this.

Have you ever wondered why anti-gun people get so angry and emotional when debating/insulting pro-gun individuals? Just on Darwinian theory alone, you'd think that something would register in the brain as a bad idea.

I got the email from WAGR today.

Any such initiative would of course violate the WA state constitution, not to mention the Bill of Rights.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

8ball:

Who says it is unconstitutional?
Until the State Supremes say it, that's just an opinion.

We have better grassroots coordination than we did in 1997 against I-676, but you might want to dig up all you can about WAGR and share it here.

&#8216;Our rights are not for sale' say fired-up gun owners

Promises of a big bucks political campaign to force Washington lawmakers to adopt a "universal background check" law, with threats of an initiative if they don't, have fired up Evergreen State gun owners since Monday's press conference by several Seattle religious activists.

<broken link removed>

In Washington, if an initiative passes then 2 years later the legistlators can make ammendments with a 2/3rds vote.
So they try and get something they think is paletable for the majority of voters and then just wait 2 years and really hammer it in.
Don't give them the opportunity. Vote NO!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top