Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

wash to vote on gun laws?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by nwdrifter, Apr 28, 2013.

1. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

2. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

ugh

3. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I think they will be surprised at how strong the resistance would be to such a ballot push. We are pretty passionate about our rights, and we are not fooled by the politicians. We also know they can change any laws in WA with a simple majority vote after two years. We don't want them getting anything more restrictive on the books so they can twist it.

4. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

This article is from The Columbian Newspaper,

Gun background checks headed for ballot? | The Columbian

If and when The Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility put forth the ballot measure for a statewide vote. I am wishfully hopeful that more WA state citizens will register to vote and registered voters will actually vote. I know there are a number of single issue voters out there, both for and against this upcoming measure. If you're one of the single issue voter, I hope you participate on this one.

I will push hard for everyone to vote. We need to counter the votes coming from up north. (This should be the norm every election).

Let your voice be heard!!!

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Frankly, I'm surprised at the number of gun owners who might actually support this nonsense.

DO NOT SIGN THE INITIATIVE PETITION!!!!!!!!

I remember in 1997 people heading into the NRA convention in Seattle were willing to sign Initiative 676. How stupid is that?

Anti-gunners will launch gun control initiative campaign

Washington state firearms owners will learn Monday morning what kind of fight they will have on their hands when a group calling itself the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility – which sounds increasingly like “gun registration” – reveals its political plans.

Anti-gunners will launch gun control initiative campaign - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

kumabear17 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

Oh no.

There will BE NO VOTE on this.

I hadn't considered them taking this approach.

Votes cast electronically have been rigged for
    over a decade.

We'll have more "Take the guns away" votes than we have voters.

This could be bad.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Allot of talent out there that DO support the Pro-gun alliance. I'd pay$100 to get 2 seats to one of the shows!!!

8. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

If anyone remembers the singing from the Jan 19th Olympia rally, I would say that it might not be the best idea either.

9. Dave Workman

FOLLOW-UP MONDAY:

Politics, gun safety and separation of church and state

If it were any issue other than firearms, this morning’s press conference involving what a press release described as “Dozens of interfaith and denominational faith leaders—under the banner of the Faith Action Network (FAN)” would be vilified for crossing the invisible line of separation of church and state.

Politics, gun safety and separation of church and state - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Damn. Just got my CPL in Wa. However I am flying down to Reno tonight to interview for good job tomorrow. If I get it we'll see what Nevada gun laws are like. I worry we now have two many Californicators here now to stop this nonsense. And mostlin our state house don't follow the people's will on these referendums and initiatives but the dems will this one. They won't be happy till things get really out of control.

Brutus out. :(

11. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

At what point does a church lose it's tax exempt status?

Abortion, capital punishment, I can see as a religious issue, but gun control?

How is that a non political issue, take away the tax exempt status.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  12. svxr8dr

svxr8dr Vancouver, WA OathKeeper #004404

13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

This is very scary. If it happened in Oregon, the liberal masses in Portland and Eugene would vote it into law. If the WA anti's are successful, the Oregon anti's will follow suit.

14. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I got the email from WAGR today.

Any such initiative would of course violate the WA state constitution, not to mention the Bill of Rights.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

15. NWShooters

NWShooters Oregon Member

Get pro-active. Get OFF or someone with connections to author a pro-gun referendum that re-affirms your right to bare arms, semi-automatic weapons, and extended magazines. Put it in every gunship and gumshoe, we'd have the votes in no time.

Sick of waiting for the hammer to fall. Eye push back on these people. I'm a liberal living in Portland, and I refuse to let my party bend me over like this.

16. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

17. Bacchus

Bacchus The Republic Active Member

If there is anybody here who is not registered to vote, please do so.

18. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Have you ever wondered why anti-gun people get so angry and emotional when debating/insulting pro-gun individuals? Just on Darwinian theory alone, you'd think that something would register in the brain as a bad idea.

19. Dave Workman

8ball:

Who says it is unconstitutional?
    Until the State Supremes say it, that's just an opinion.

We have better grassroots coordination than we did in 1997 against I-676, but you might want to dig up all you can about WAGR and share it here.

‘Our rights are not for sale’ say fired-up gun owners

Promises of a big bucks political campaign to force Washington lawmakers to adopt a “universal background check” law, with threats of an initiative if they don’t, have fired up Evergreen State gun owners since Monday’s press conference by several Seattle religious activists.

http://www.examiner.com/article/our-rights-are-not-for-sale-say-fired-up-gun-owners?cid=db_articles

20. BlakeStone

BlakeStone Everett, WA Member

In Washington, if an initiative passes then 2 years later the legistlators can make ammendments with a 2/3rds vote.
    So they try and get something they think is paletable for the majority of voters and then just wait 2 years and really hammer it in.
    Don't give them the opportunity. Vote NO!