JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you are correct about rifle-ish pistols. I don't have any of those and so they tend not to immediately spring to my mind when I'm thinking about pistols. I would note though, that the definition of pistol to which this section refers, seems to be the definition of pistol we already have because I didn't notice that pistol was redefined. If that is the case, then this law is going to cause a lot of confusion.

Pistol: RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

So is an AR-15 based pistol banned because of the "any form" language in the list section, or is it OK because it is a pistol as defined in the definitions section (so long as it doesn't have any of the other things in that part). Is a brace a stock?

Yuck. What a confusing mess of bubblegum
I think the "any form" will knock out AR15 pistols but even it that line didn't apply to pistols, Subsection 2 will cover them. So they are defintitely out in my view.

I do think their intention is to ban threaded barrels even on standard pistols. They seem to have a real distaste for any thing that screws on to barrels.

Well, there's more than one way to make a seal and many don't need threads at all (and yes, I'm a famous artiste!):

workaroubnd.png :

Changing technology to work around hoplophobia laws is only delaying the inevitable which is another law making the new technology illegal as well.

The direction of continued infringement is leading to what is seemingly the only teo outcomes. The answer will either be violence to reset the field, or subjugation and relinquishment of property.

Changing technology to work around hoplophobia laws is only delaying the inevitable which is another law making the new technology illegal as well.

The direction of continued infringement is leading to what is seemingly the only teo outcomes. The answer will either be violence to reset the field, or subjugation and relinquishment of property.
Where would the Loyalist (Gun grabbers) go?

Probably makes sense to have a legal suppressor, though if they don't consider threads to be a suppressor, why would they consider a groove machined into a barrel one?

Oh I know, I was just poking fun at the fact that type of fitting needs a gasket on the silencer portion to seal it, and the fact we can always count on the ATF to change their minds up on a whim on what is or isn't a thing

Attachment method for sound suppressor is a mostly a moot point since sound suppressors mounted in any fashion to qualifying firearms will move them in to "assault weapon classification.

(e) Flash suppressor, flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hider, sound suppressor, silencer, or any item designed to reduce the visual or audio signature of the firearm;

Interesting idea though for replacing threaded connection

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads