JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's going to cost the first person to get tagged about $30-100k by the time the appeals are done to get a decision on whether "such as" includes such ranges.

This is kinda what I had in mind. In California which has a very similar law, you may shoot such weapons while on publicly owned land if specifically permitted by the managing agency of the land. This is specifically written into the Calif. penal code. Not so with the proposed Wash. legislation, the phrase "such as" is vague as awshoot has pointed about above. It may come to pass that clarifications will eventuate. If it isn't clear in any law that gets passed, I don't want to be the test case.

Strom Peterson has been part of the spear point of several anti-gun legislative proposals since he joined the state House. His mind is already made up. I'm thinking a 55 cent stamp would be wasted on him. On the other hand, a person might point out that it would be desirable if any such law being considered could contain language like that used in California law re. venues on public lands. Since Calif. seems to be the shining star to be emulated. But by asking it might just cause a digging in of heels, like, why do assault rifle owners any favors.

Calif. law also allows owners to use assault rifles on private property so long as the owner of such has granted permission. This is missing from the proposed Wash. law.

I'm seeing some of New York restrictions having seeped into the Wash. proposal. Like the threaded barrel thing.

"I support taking additional common-sense steps to prevent gun violence."

"... gun violence prevention policies that will make Washington safer and save lives"

"Gun violence is an epidemic in Washington and in our country. We can and must do more to prevent it."

Alright then... DON'T SHOOT PEOPLE, A**HOLE.

That's just common sense.

Everything else is infringement and tyranny of the elites.

Now you may GFY.

What would be the likely time frame for this bill to be passed and enforced?

Most laws go into effect on July 1, but they usually say that in the text as well. The only date in the text here is January 1, 2021 as a deadline for registering with the State Patrol. Sometimes the laws go into effect earlier than July 1 but that is put into the text of the bill.

Also note this is just the first draft of the bill -- it can be made worse before all is said and done.

2)(a) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2021, and who has registered the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may:
(i) Continue to possess and transport the assault weapon; or

Not an expert, but it seems odd that it mentions registering with the state patrol, but doesn't mention creating, maintaining, staffing or funding a registry.

Unless I missed that part?

I hope this is sarcastic.:eek::confused:.

Yes and no.

The beat goes on for the diseased politicians attack on the 2nd. We keep contacting our reps, and the attack continues. We rally, the attack continues.

We still need to contact our reps and rally...and hope the 2nd stays in tact without having to to go to court. Court is paid for by us to fight against us...hmmmm

We still need to contact our reps and rally...and hope the 2nd stays in tact without having to to go to court. Court is paid for by us to fight against us...hmmmm

If we're being honest, WA is a lost cause legislatively unless we can get 100% of gun owners voting and the other side keep turnout at 50%, meaning the courts are our last hope -- well the SCOTUS -- the appellate circuit courts have gone full Benedict Arnold on the 2A.

If we're being honest, WA is a lost cause legislatively unless we can get 100% of gun owners voting and the other side keep turnout at 50%, meaning the courts are our last hope -- well the SCOTUS -- the appellate circuit courts have gone full Benedict Arnold on the 2A.
And we all know how many just on this site can't be bothered to vote like their 2A rights depend on it, never mind the populace as a whole...

And we all know how many just on this site can't be bothered to vote like their 2A rights depend on it, never mind the populace as a whole...

Soooo...give up?? The opposition would love that.

Once again - broken record mode...engaged - how much have you (all members/participants here) done to educate/inform/spread the word outside of this forum?

Sometimes, you can't drag the horse to the water...you gotta take the water to the horse.

Boss

I'm not saying "give up"--I think we have to be realistic about the mouthbreathing morons around us, though. SCOTUS is about our best option at this point, other than initiatives if we can get 'em filed at start-of-season to get on the ballot in low-turnout years. Semi-snarky aside, did you read the red text in my sig?

I actually have several gun shops in my area that I forward things from here to to kep them posted and let their other customers know about--I can't get away from the studio much thanks to an invalid parent needing constant care, but I do what I can trying to act as a comms relay.

Have no fear Washingtonians...

Your dear leaders and fellow citizens, and yes, even your fellow gun owners will let you down. We WILL be California soon enough.

We let the camels nose under the tent long ago. We sold our souls and let our guard down and its all over but for the crying. Lets go down swinging!

But like waves battering the shore, the shore always loses... even if it takes years.

^^Or they get like what's happening in Virginia.

Boss

Living where I live, 'behind enemy lines,' generally everything I vote for locally doesn't go the way I want it to go, but I don't know what the excuse is for the rest of the counties, most of which in this state lean red.

Step 1: Split King County right at the Seattle city-limits. Carve off that population and the Seattle Election Fraud Machine doesn't have their ballots to work with anymore. My gut is, once Seattle is lopped out into a City-County of its own, the rest of King County moves a good bit farther right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top