JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got an email from the Issaquah Sportsmen Club today, the "Assault Weapon" and high cap. magazine bill is making its way. This is the first time I've gotten to read the proposed legislation. Some details we've already heard about, I was waiting for the part like California. That is, the part that says those who legally one one (purchase prior to effective date of law grandfathered in) may only have them on our own property or for use on a licensed gun range. What that means is, no trips to the gravel pits with them.

Those guns grandfathered in may be passed down "by operation of law" I think the words were, meaning left to someone in a will. No mention of transfer to family members as in I-1639. The proposal does mention provenance, meaning those who inherit might have to come up with documentation, such as a copy of a will. If they become necessary, receipts may come in handy for those of us still living. I think I'm good on this, but receipts for magazines? Don't have them.

Let the fun begin. This will mean a change in lifestyle for some of us.

The change in lifestyle some people need is to actually write and call their elected representatives and insist that they put a stop to this anti-freedom nanny state bill!

This part is clearly affecting interstate commerce and the right to move to any state, by putting conditions on what a person may bring:

NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, a person shall not:
(a) Transport an assault weapon into Washington state; or
(b) Possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault weapon.

And here is the registration bullbubblegum:

2)(a) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2021, and who has registered the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may:
(i) Continue to possess and transport the assault weapon; or

It is my belief that the demographics of the state have changed to the point where the only restraining force will be the federal courts. The Democrats and billionaires will be able to achieve any infringement they desire, just as long as the infringement is allowed by the federal courts. Sure, gun owners might be able to slow the rate of change in the legislature, but we have seen in the last few election cycles that the voters will approve any and all initiatives that are funded by the billionaires. The implication is that we are now entirely dependent on federal judges for whatever bones they might throw us. If my analysis is correct this means that SAF is really our primary champion for its ability to push cases throughout the entire country, in hopes they can convince the Supreme Court to take cases that set nation-wide standards of protection.

It is my belief that the demographics of the state have changed to the point where the only restraining force will be the federal courts. The Democrats and billionaires will be able to achieve any infringement they desire, just as long as the infringement is allowed by the federal courts. Sure, gun owners might be able to slow the rate of change in the legislature, but we have seen in the last few election cycles that the voters will approve any and all initiatives that are funded by the billionaires. The implication is that we are now entirely dependent on federal judges for whatever bones they might throw us. If my analysis is correct this means that SAF is really our primary champion for its ability to push cases throughout the entire country, in hopes they can convince the Supreme Court to take cases that set nation-wide standards of protection.

We desparately need a decision outlawing bans on mags and semi-autos, to be followed up with a ruling against registration.

The change in lifestyle some people need is to actually write and call their elected representatives and insist that they put a stop to this anti-freedom nanny state bill!

One of the state legislators for my district is Strom Peterson. He's also one of the lead guys on this legislation. Do you think it would do good to write him?

One of the state legislators for my district is Strom Peterson. He's also one of the lead guys on this legislation. Do you think it would do good to write him?

At the very least sometimes you get some funny responses from them which basically turns into verifiable proof that they're clueless morons with a severe power trip, so it has the potential to be at least a win-lose situation instead of a lose-lose one

Can't hurt.. But, when/if he's peeing on your foot and telling you it's the lawn sprinklers, you better cover your wallet & privates. Don't forget, he's doing this for: By Request: Governor Inslee, Attorney General. The top 2 anti-gun, anti-2a people in the state. Go here and look at his voting record. Click the 'Details' by his name and it'll show the years. Click on them to see his voting record.

Dan

I got an email from the Issaquah Sportsmen Club today, the "Assault Weapon" and high cap. magazine bill is making its way. This is the first time I've gotten to read the proposed legislation. Some details we've already heard about, I was waiting for the part like California. That is, the part that says those who legally one one (purchase prior to effective date of law grandfathered in) may only have them on our own property or for use on a licensed gun range. What that means is, no trips to the gravel pits with them.

Those guns grandfathered in may be passed down "by operation of law" I think the words were, meaning left to someone in a will. No mention of transfer to family members as in I-1639. The proposal does mention provenance, meaning those who inherit might have to come up with documentation, such as a copy of a will. If they become necessary, receipts may come in handy for those of us still living. I think I'm good on this, but receipts for magazines? Don't have them.

Let the fun begin. This will mean a change in lifestyle for some of us.
I think you will still be able to hit the gravel pits provided it's legal to recreate with firearms there:

"or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine, ..."

So does the person who acquired one of these evil guns prior to this law taking effect have to show dated proof of that or only those that inherit them after the effective date of this law?

The possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine by a person who legally possessed the assault weapon or large capacity magazine on the effective date of this section, or possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine, provided the person in possession of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine can establish such provenance.

Source: http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/2241.pdf

Yawn....operating as normal...disregarding such foolishness.

How 'bout them Seahawks?

I hope this is sarcastic.:eek::confused:.

FPC has some action going on this:

Carried over from last year: Oppose WA HB 1068 - "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban
Carried over from last year: Oppose WA SB 5062 - "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban

Boss

I think you will still be able to hit the gravel pits provided it's legal to recreate with firearms there:

"or while engaged in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of engaging in the legal use of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine, ..."

It's going to cost the first person to get tagged about $30-100k by the time the appeals are done to get a decision on whether "such as" includes such ranges.

We desparately need a decision outlawing bans on mags and semi-autos, to be followed up with a ruling against registration.

What was the latest on the issue in CA? The judge 'stayed/carried it over' or something along those lines?

Registration is prohibited on the federal level...that should carry over to the state/local level as well, for the same reasons.

We have the votes, we lack the ambition. You know what happens when you take things for granted.:mad:

After things pass and the MSM actually starts letting people know what new laws effect them, they'll be suddenly 'woke' and outraged.

Talking head news anchor 'Go on down and register your semi-automatic assault rifles, including your 10/22's'' 500,000+ Washingtonians:'WHAT!!!! When did that happen!! That's an outrage!!'

Boss

Last Edited:
What was the latest on the issue in CA? The judge 'stayed/carried it over' or something along those lines?

The judge ruled the ban unconstitutional, then stayed the decision pending appeal. It is currently at the 9th circuit. The last thing that happened was that the appellants (CA) filed a reply brief -- that was 10/7/19. It appears that the case will be heard in April, May, or June of 2020. See document 83 here: Docket for Virginia Duncan v. Xavier Becerra, 19-55376 - CourtListener.com

You can grab all the documents filed in that case here: Duncan v. Becerra | Michel & Associates, P.C.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top