JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

Damn....A sheriff deputy's kid. And with him at home! I don't give a damn what the circumstances are. They outta hang his ***.
If I was responsible for putting a bullet in my 3 year old daughters head I think getting executed would be doing me a HUGE favor. If you got kids just imagine trying to live with that. :huh:

If I was responsible for putting a bullet in my 3 year old daughters head I think getting executed would be doing me a HUGE favor. If you got kids just imagine trying to live with that. :huh:

You aint kiddin. I can't imagine it.

There was a story in the news awhile back about a kid up north who went to a party, and was walking back home intoxicated cause he promised his mother he wouldn't drive. His best friend who'd been at the party, and then gone on to a bar.......hit and killed him on HIS way home. When he got out and realized who it was he'd hit, he immediately committed suicide on the spot. Sad as ****.

Only a few miles from my house. My son't friend is his neighbor. And all the talk of of normal citizens having guns in homes and then a Clark county deputy has his 3 year shoot himself. I feel very, very sorry but it shows lack of training and stupidity. If that were in CA and a normal person you would be going to prison. It's a shame and sad story that it happened.

Sorry to see this especially since the boy passed away this morning. Sad thing is the gun was a personal weapon and not a issued handgun. Also he had the issued safe plus a personal one. I just do not understand why there was access to a loaded weapon for a 3 year old:huh:

I do have a few loaded weapons in my house but my kids are old enough to know better. I do at least leave the chambers clear that way if someone does grab it there is not much of a chance of it going off. I think it would be hard for a 3 year old to rack a slide. Just my 2 cents and also my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

has died according to the latest news reports.

The gun was NOT owned by the Sheriff's dept. It was the officers own weapon. The deputy did have a dept owned long gun, but no handguns in his home.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Only a few miles from my house. My son't friend is his neighbor. And all the talk of of normal citizens having guns in homes and then a Clark county deputy has his 3 year shoot himself. I feel very, very sorry but it shows lack of training and stupidity. If that were in CA and a normal person you would be going to prison. It's a shame and sad story that it happened.

have CA style laws here yet!! Here you have a chance to defend yourself before thrown in jail.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

It's tragic. Truthfully it could be any one of as we do all make mistakes. It doesn't take but a second for a 3 yr old to be into the wrong thing.

I am a huge advocate for begining to teach gun safety from the time they can walk--literally. We start teaching our kids not to touch the hot stove from before then, and obviously that doesn't mean they can be entrusted at such an age to handle a stove... or a gun. But we show them the stove is hot, and I firmly believe we need to show them the gun is too. Not just lock it up and maintain "hands off--no zone." Kids do learn, if taught well and their curiosity isn't as great when safely well informed. But of course that doesn't guarantee against the disobedient moments either.

But it does seem to me that commonly (with families I've met) the children of an LEO seem to know less gun safety than those of another gun family, like say a hunting family. With different youth (from LEO families) I've talked to and taught gun safety, they have all said that guns in their house get locked up in almost a "don't ask/don't touch" type of zone... which of course isn't true for all. But it's something I find interesting. You'd almost think the opposite... if your dad's (or mom) a police officer then you almost assume that kid's going to know more about guns and safety.

My prayers are with them--and the rest of us so it doesn't happen here.

My Child's not even born yet and Im thinking of ways to Keep my guns secure (obviously a safe)

I don't even own a gun yet but I bought a gun vault last month. To me, that is the most important purchase I will ever make in the process of learning to shoot and eventually owning a firearm. I refuse to put my children in danger when $100 could save their lives.

I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child but this must be a special circle of ****...knowing that your own negligence/ignorance was the cause.

I thought I heard on the radio today (while driving in traffic) that the pistol was NOT out in the open, and that the little guy managed to get into the gun "locker" where the pistol was stored. Now if we're talking gun cabinet as opposed to a gun safe... that's apples and oranges right there.

Yeah yeah sad and all that, but you know it raises an interesting question.

Why do I always hear about these kids who pick up guns, point them at themselves, and pull the trigger. Why is that the natural thing to do? Seems like we would have bred that sort of activity out of us long ago.

Maybe we just don't hear about the stories where the only thing that happened is Johnny made a little hole in the wall.

Watch a kid try to actuate something we normally use our fingers for. Kids don't have the strength to pull a trigger with their fingers so they turn it around to use their thumb for more leverage. It an unfortunate outcome from natural curiosity.

This news saddened me deeply,we all know it is what did not happen, that allowed this to happen, no punishment could exceed this fathers lifelong personal ****!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top