JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Oregon and out-of-state non-motorized watercraft 10 feet or longer*Waterway Access Permit
So it's a WAP now. Is Cardi B aware of this?

Yeah, there's a lot of physics involved in canoeing, and it would take nearly a book to go through it all. Typically flat water canoes are long and lean to lice through the water and have little rocker (upsweep of the hull) , and fast water canoe hulls ate swept up at the ends so they can pivot fast. Think of the difference between trying to spin a pencil on a table versus a banana,

Hard foam pads for the knees are lifesavers. Kneeling is really the most efficient way to paddle and is also the most stable and once one gets used to it, but it also doesn't hurt to have a thwart to rest your butt on as you kneel.

As someone else said, avoid plastic paddles - not only do they such, there's no flex to them so your shoulder joints get more stressed. In general, a paddle that reaches your chin from the ground is a good place to start. Any longer is wasted energy plus the paddler tends to have the blade too far away from the canoe which wastes energy and also causes teh canoe to not track well.

I'm ready for spring and some camping with my boy now! Bought myself a canoe hauler. 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L with only 134,000 on the clock. Pretty darn good shape for a 25yr old. My son named it "Laredo Larry".

2d7ea35f-43d1-45aa-9cb7-39796613dad1.jpg e830feaa-7691-47db-a705-d5c2fdfa2f36.jpg 26462053706x640.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0048.jpg

Well, I lifted Larry 2" and put on 31X10.5r15's AT tires and he is now sitt'n pretty!:D Son is chomping at the bit for our upcoming Memorial Day camping trip.

thumbnail_IMG_0060.jpg

Well, I felt a little frisky today so, I went out and washed off all the dirt and green moldy stuff that was growing on the side of the "CanDo" canoe! Won't be long and my son and I'll will be sharing our first adventure with y'all! :D

thumbnail_IMG_0084.jpg

Well, I felt a little frisky today so, I went out and washed off all the dirt and green moldy stuff that was growing on the side of the "CanDo" canoe! Won't be long and my son and I'll will be sharing our first adventure with y'all! :D

View attachment 892549
If you launch where there is a dock, hang on to it while tipping the canoe side to side. That will get you used to how tender (tippy) it is so that you're not taken by surprise when you are out on the water. Most new paddlers overreact to tippiness, and this helps prevent that.

View attachment 892549
Cool.
Afix a line to it, maybe a little anchor too in case you want to lay up somewhere. I'd toss a couple big cups and a big sponge in there too .. just in case.

If you launch where there is a dock, hang on to it while tipping the canoe side to side. That will get you used to how tender (tippy) it is so that you're not taken by surprise when you are out on the water. Most new paddlers overreact to tippiness, and this helps prevent that.
Will do! :s0155:

Cool.
Afix a line to it, maybe a little anchor too in case you want to lay up somewhere. I'd toss a couple big cups and a big sponge in there too .. just in case.
My sons name is Robert. If we take on water, could I roll him around in it and call him SpongeBob?:s0140::s0140::s0140:

I just bought a set of front tow hooks to install on the ZJ. Wanted to make sure I have a tie off place for the front of the canoe. Just got to install them when they arrive.

s-l1600.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads