JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...se_shots_ended_ft_hood_masscare_says_his.html

I know many may get angry at me or even call me a sexist, but I have been reading over and over and investigating the Ft Hood massacre and the procedure of the police who stopped the attacker. As much as aI like this little lady to be the hero, the pieces of the puzzle are not fitting. It seems this brave gentleman had an ensuing gun battle and under oath admitted to shooting and disabling the attacker and even giving him first aid. In contrast, his so-called hero partner was lying on the ground in a pool of blood with two bullets in her leg and wrist. It seems like her shots in no way stopped the rampage of the killer, but rather that of Mark Todd.

His story is humbling and he seems not to be bragging or anything, but just giving a straight story that he has yet to change. I don't get why this guy is not awarded the due respect, since it appears by the testimonies of both officers, that he neutralized the respect?

I am not happy that a person puts his life on the line and perhaps is the person who saved the lives of many more of our soldiers, and he gets kicked in the dirt.

I know people want the fantasy taht the evil jihdaist was taken down by a little lady, but lets just be honest with ourselves here ? I know us Americans love fantasies and soap operas, but sometimes truth bites us in the behind and can be a bit not so exhilarating.

Lets jsut say Munley really was the one who neutralized that attacker. That means Sergeant Todd's story is a fabrication and he is lying under oath. I have heard the guy speak to the media, although careful with his words his story seems very straight and honest. He seems freaked out a bit when he talks about it, yet i hear no falsehood in his statement. And, Munley was on the ground disabled herself, yet Hasan was still having a gun fight with Todd.. It seems like Munley's story has some flaws.

What are others thoughts on this?

The media no doubt liked the story of lady stops the gunman. Probably both of them stopped him. Judging by what the media reported, who knows maybe the male cop was assisting the shooter and someone else was assisting his partner after the shooting. In my book both are heros, they stopped the bad guy, at the time who knew whose shot stopped the perp. And then the media got into it, like we are first with the story, then it takes a life of its own. Both cops are heros, doing thier job and putting thier lives on the line in a desperate situation. Bill

I agree both are heroes. However, I seriously feel that Mark Todd was kicked in the dirt by the media so they could promote a false heroine story. What I think is, if Mark Todd had not fired those shots to disable the Hasan, that Munley and many others would have been killed. I really think people don't realize how much of a hero Mark Todd was and its ashame he doesn't get his due respect. If the guy did not disable Hasan in his exchange of gunfire, what would have stopped Hasan from going over to Munley who was wounded and disabled and killing her? Obviously the gunfire between the two police and Hasan kept him at bay and both deserve credit. However, I personally think from reading the story and hearing interviews that Todd saved many lives and didn't get any respect for it.

Our media makes me sick with its fabricated news and lust to report fantasies. Our media is a soap opera. This also gives women a bad name, since if the real news gets out, people may have hard time believing the media in the future.

The bright side is both law enforcement officers survived. Todd will get his recognition in the future, and rightly so. I would like to know what caliber weapons the police used and what loads, and how many times the purp was hit? Bill

I think either I would consider them all a Hero.
These men and women chose to serve their country foreign and domestic and were put in a position to have their lives threatened.

Maybe my opinion is a little off, I never served my country so I hold everyone who has or does in high regard.

Thank all of You!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top