JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Ok, so here we are in 2010 and we are still fighting the war. Many people have said that the war was the biggest mistake ever and not needed in any way. Well I wonder then why are we still fighting it? Was Bush wrong? We and not just the U.S.A. are still fighting it! Multiple Countries seem to feel it is necessary. I just wonder how everybody feels about that. I don't want to say that G.W. Bush is a great President by any means but hey maybe he started something that is needed more than anyone really wants to admit. I think we can at least say it's not a good opinion to have (at least by general Northwestern peer pressure standards). It's definitely not publicized that way anyways. Obama has every chance to get out of it but what is happening there?!?!? It looks to me like it's not a mistake. I'm not saying that just because Obama is there that it's not a mistake either but why are we still there?????? There seems an obvious answer there.

Wasn't a mistake to start the war, the way they have been and still are fighting the war is a mistake. The point of being a superpower is SUPER POWER. Kill the enemy, destroy their logistical support, and there are no rules in war except to win. Yes, its brutal, but it would work...

IMHO going into Iraq was a mistake. We should have put total and final effort into Afghanistan first, and finished that properly and gaining a REAL ally. Using a pretext to go into Iran IMHO was a mistake. No, I don't have a good way of withdrawing from Iran. We have a minor history of starting something and not seeing it through to the end, causing the Allies in that country not to trust us. This has been documented in Afghanistan. Millions of Iranian lives are at risk if we just pull out, without them able to retain their new status. Unfortunately I don't believe we have the money or the will to be the policemen of the world. So I suggest that protecting our status quo is costing more than changing our life styles a bit, less dependence on foreign oil. America spends more than IIRC 6 times the money in the Defense Dept. than China, Iraq, Russia and North Korea put together and field the fewest troops since the end of WW2 according to some experts. I find it offensive naming a American Warship "Halburton". Follow the money. Just my opinion. The people of the world deserve freedom and democracy, but if they want Sharia law how do we force it down their throats, and its up to them to take it freedom? Help them, yes, commit forces and exorbitant money without Congressional Approval, no. Back to regularly scheduled programming.
rhtwist.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top