JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you might be alarmed to find out how many service members don't think MSR's belong in civilian hands and would follows the orders of their officers and NCO's if it came to confiscation.

^^^

THIS is unfortunately true when it comes to some military men who think that specific firearms should NOT be in civilian hands/homes and I have met a FEW of them. They come in ALL AGE brackets too!

They did not come out and tell ME face to face that they would follow orders when it came to confiscation but there have been studies (In the news!) where they have come out and said that they would FOLLOW ORDERS when it came to confiscation from their leaders in command.

Cate

So..... you gonna arrest Erik Holder for operation Fast & Furious which resulted in hundreds (if not thousands) of Mexican deaths in Mexico, as well as the death of a US Border agent? o_O

Go fluck yourself Phocahontus..... o_O
We all know that people like erik holder are exempt from the laws that cover us commoners.

Do the Dem. candidates really believe these laws will reduce crime???:eek: Are they stupidly naive? o_O
Or is it about control? Who will stand up against the left when we are disarmed?

Well, given that most of the mass shootings have been done by either someone a-okay to buy a gun or someone who stole a gun from family/friend allowed to own a gun...if owning a gun was damn near impossible, then it stands to reason that these policies will decrease mass shootings.

And that's about as far as your oh-my-god-think-of-the-children dems think. That's also about as far as they actually care.

The rest of us are trying to point out that this wouldn't make a statistical blip in gun violence/homicide ('cause it's mostly gang) or suicide (men are great at accomplishing a task at hand, even if it's taking one's own life). I had a friend hit a low point and he chose to stab himself in the heart. Yea, you idiot dems, that's just as deadly and permanent as a bullet and can be done by anyone at any time because knives are ubiquitous.

So...I don't know if they're that stupidly naive...but it is obvious that the extent of their care about this issue extends only as far as their own kids.

Our military may or may not follow those orders. The oath is to obey all the "lawful" orders or words to that affect. With today's volunteer military they do have a few options not available to those of who served a half century ago. All that being said, I do take issue and resent the comment that our military are stupid. We are fortunate that in today's military those that are serving are by and large the most highly trained and highly educated of any military we have ever put in the field in the history of our country. They are not stupid by any means and they will honor the oath they took. Keep in mind that that oath they took stays with them for their lifetime. That works both ways and from the attitude I have seen from today's Veterans, they will defend 2A to the end. Don't sell those folks short, they are on top of their game like we have never seen. As General Patton said, "Thank God we have those people among us" or words to that affect.

The ravings of this ungainly, head bobbing dork who continues to unabatedly lie, while annoying to listen to doesn't bother me very much as she is merely dreaming aloud...

And that's about as far as your oh-my-god-think-of-the-children dems think. That's also about as far as they actually care.

The rest of us are trying to point out that this wouldn't make a statistical blip in gun violence/homicide ('cause it's mostly gang) or suicide (men are great at accomplishing a task at hand, even if it's taking one's own life). I had a friend hit a low point and he chose to stab himself in the heart. Yea, you idiot dems, that's just as deadly and permanent as a bullet and can be done by anyone at any time because knives are ubiquitous.

So...I don't know if they're that stupidly naive...but it is obvious that the extent of their care about this issue extends only as far as their own kids.

^^^That's right. It's not about suicides, it's not about Chicago.. It's not about minimizing the body count. Otherwise they would be out in the world combating malaria, or at least lobbying congress to make flu shots free and mandatory.

These people are in love with playing the role of the "outraged moral citizen", doing "important/meaningful" work, and being a "force for good in the world". This is part of their core being and they need this to get traction in their lives. These people actively seek out the latest Cause De Jour and attach themselves to it, thereby ascribing importance and purpose to themselves. IMO it is 100% a selfish exercise.

As far as following orders, where is an example where troops did not follow orders? From college campuses, natural disasters, civil unrest or red flag orders pretty much guns are pointed at civilians and used.

PS. There is one example I just remembered The situation that kicked off the LA riots. The police were out numbered and rightly so, decided to pull back. It was the failure after that which allowed the destruction.

I've only met a handful of active duty military who are opposed to MSR's.. Those guys all have little kids at home and their wives are hugely anti-gun and constantly on their a*. At least that's what I've seen.

I've never met any LEO that were anti-gun. IMO, I think if LE's had to enforce some silly law by going to door to door, they would sabotage it by not looking too hard.

images.jpg

I've only met a handful of active duty military who are opposed to MSR's.. Those guys all have little kids at home and their wives are hugely anti-gun and constantly on their a*. At least that's what I've seen.

I've never met any LEO that were anti-gun. IMO, I think if LE's had to enforce some silly law by going to door to door, they would sabotage it by not looking too hard.

The majority of "no MSR's for civilians" military personnel I've met, have all been commissioned officers and 1 ea. hippy female Army Reservist in the medical field. (she would actually cry tears every time she went to the range to qualify) All had degrees from extremely liberal colleges, go figure.

I've met more full on anti-gun LEO, than the "no MSR's for civilians" military, but the funny thing is that they are all in anti-gun states where they have special gun rights that the average civilian doesn't (PDRK, NJ, MA, HI). I personally believe that if they had to abide by the same restrictions that the Proles are subjected to, they might actually become pro 2A.

Ray

I got some news for ya Fauxchauntus, YOU cannot executive order away a Constitutional right, PERIOD! No you cannot!
You cannot null and void any right, no matter how loudly you scream and shout! There is only ONE way to amend the constitution, and you know full well you will NEVER get the numbers needed to make that happen, so go bubblegum a drummer and get off my 2nd!

Last Edited:
Do the Dem. candidates really believe these laws will reduce crime???:eek: Are they stupidly naive? o_O
Or is it about control? Who will stand up against the left when we are disarmed?
No they know good and well it won't do anything to crime except perhaps make it spike.

I got some news for ya Fauxchauntus, YOU cannot executive order away a Constitutional right, PERIOD! No you cannot!
You cannot null and void any right, no matter how loudly you scream and shout! There is only ONE way to amend the constitution, and you know full well you will NEVER get the numbers needed to make that happen, so go bubblegum a drummer and get off my 2nd!
I'm a drummer but I'm hoping for better than that.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was 'back in the day of, 'O Brother where art thou?', we'd see warren & o'rourke on that rail, tarred, feathered and on their way.... :D:D:D:D
I sure miss those days..:(:(

Dan

Expanded background checks wouldn't affect the hundreds of millions of guns already in circulation and not subsequently transferred within the federal system. Also, there are tens of millions of weapons in circulation not registered anywhere.

Also, any move to confiscate would affect 20+ million ex-military who own guns and millions of ex-LEO's, federal, state and local. All are civilians and subject to confiscation. I would expect retaliation to be substantial.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top