JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you travel the FOREST SERVICE ROADS in the SNOQUALMIE/MT BAKER FOREST you need to know this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/news/2010/nr-FSRequiresVisitorsPossessNewMap-20100706.shtml

The above link address will take you directly to the Mt Baker/Snoqualmie National Forest website - there you can read the complete announcement and/or news release.
Starting as of July 17th a forest map is required - traveling on forest roads or trails not shown - CAN BE CITED - roads will no longer be signed in the field as to premissible uses; maps are free at Forest Services offices. ###

Last Edited:
It's not a road closure. They've just changed the way they're going to post which roads are open and closed and you're required to carry a copy of the map.

These people need to be defunded. This is only so that they can start patrolling for reprobates like yourselves. They've put well cammoed hidden cameras where they can upload videos at all of the major T's (intersections) off of the main roads. Now they have your license plate and a video of you in the car as you drive up any gravel FS road, and as they are in the process of blocking the little side roads in the outback (usually with dirt that they hire a contractor to dig with a track hoe), they will be better able to monitor you all. It's all about control.

Seriously..

...of course, since you are all law abiding citizens, you shouldn't mind this video baby sitting 24 hours a day 7 days a week...cause that's where it's going.

These people need to be defunded. This is only so that they can start patrolling for reprobates like yourselves. They've put well cammoed hidden cameras where they can upload videos at all of the major T's (intersections) off of the main roads. Now they have your license plate and a video of you in the car as you drive up any gravel FS road, and as they are in the process of blocking the little side roads in the outback (usually with dirt that they hire a contractor to dig with a track hoe), they will be better able to monitor you all. It's all about control.

Seriously..

...of course, since you are all law abiding citizens, you shouldn't mind this video baby sitting 24 hours a day 7 days a week...cause that's where it's going.

Good info, thanks. When we have to wear ski masks just to drive on a gravel road, we are in a police state

I don' get it, why would they care if you drive up some old dirt road? what are people dumping murder victims up there 3 times a month? what I don't get about that map, showing road closures, all it is is this black and white map showing all the roads, then they show some roads that are shaded, and then you look up what that means and the map says seasonal road closures, which are during winter months, too much snow I guess. I ain't going up there in 4 feet of snow anyway. other than that, this map is kinda useless, a regular map showing all the roads and trails is just as good.

I was married to a girl from Ukraine, who grew up in the old soviet union, when she came here and experienced the beauracracy/the government, the rules, the taxes, etc she said this is just like the soviet union. I couldn't believe this, so i asked a random russian woman, do you think the U.S. is JUST like the soviet union? expecting her to say no, we are so free here, your country is so wonderful, etc etc and she said "yes of course it is just like the soviet union"! now I know not everybody from there would agree with this, but still, it really surprised me. In mukilteo, the people voted to not let the city install red light cameras. and now, the city council has said hey, this was just an advice vote, it doesn't really count, we are going to go ahead and install these cameras anyway. maybe not a police state as bad as Iran or something, but it does seem like little by little, it's getting that way.

The first step to controlling a population is to monitor them.

With their resources, "they" can't place and maintain cameras at every intersection so by reducing the number of roads there is a reduction of intersections. Think about your city/town being fairly well monitored, the deep woods would be the only place logically to go to not be monitored, not so now. It is not necessary to watch your every movement, just getting an idea of your identity, route, duration and frequency is sufficient at this time. Trail cameras are much cheaper than continuously re-tasking satellites and their squints over broad areas of woodland.

Shhh....just drink the koolaid, watch Idol. You'll forget this ever happened.

I don' get it, why would they care if you drive up some old dirt road?

I don't know. I have no idea. As near as I can tell they do it because they have too much money and wish to expand their power and FTE (employees). No other reason. They cannot otherwise explain it either. So when you all go running to the hills to go bug out, and you see all the little side roads you used to go down to camp closed off, you'll have a feel for something new and different from the feds. That difference is that they are monitoring you. They will have your face and license plate on record. To me, watching honest citizens and wasting all of this money for no good reason is a nation disgrace, and an invasion of our rights as citizens. Same with them monitoring EVERY phone call made in the US. That's right, every phone call. That's another story you can research it if you are interested. It started in the 70s when they would tap every overseas call, and do it off shore so that they were not in violation of the wiretapping laws. No one seemed to give a S-word, computers got better, the feds got more money, so they figured why not tap into all of the phone companies CO (central offices) with what amounts to a Y splitter and they feed all your calls into their computers to monitor for logarithms and keywords that they won't discuss. The ACLU sued the feds (NSA) on the related issue of Presidential allowing and authorizing of select calls but it was tossed as they had not shown standing (ie, they couldn't prove that their calls were monitored). Recently the suit was allowed to fire back up. Go read it on the ACLU site.

Big Brother has a camera on you brother! :: SuperTopo Rock Climbing Discussion Topic

<broken link removed>

Disturbing (and criminal) that they believe honest people are criminals and all need to be watched. And we have to pay for this bullbubblegum too. BTW, the comment on the Soviet Union being freer than the US, I heard that same comment from a German many years ago. At first I didn't believe it. I do now.

Last link in case you believe everything you read in the major media: Operation Mockingbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia What do you think is occurring these days where the CIA has a larger budget than ever and the pentagon hires over 28,000 people who's sole job is to sway you opinion via the media. That's right, over 28,000 employees -that's their job.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top