JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lawmakers riled up over WSP gun probe, but questions remain

Yesterday's mea culpa from the Washington State Patrol to Evergreen State gun dealers who were alarmed by a letter asking for details on every AR-15 transaction they've conducted since last July 1 was not enough to stop a tidal wave of media attention, or satisfy three dozen state legislators who wonder just what WSP is up to.
<broken link removed>

WSP guy (Bob Culkin?) on Lars Larson radio show right now talking about this. Says it is their weapon "missing", not sure if its stolen or a wrong serial number written down and it is a semi-auto.

WSP guy (Bob Culkin?) on Lars Larson radio show right now talking about this. Says it is their weapon "missing", not sure if its stolen or a wrong serial number written down and it is a semi-auto.

:s0093: and for this Keystone Cops Escapade they want the full info on all AR15 buyers from the last year?

This was just a test, a dry run. variations on this and other unconstitutional themes are occuring nation wide.
WSP should have reported the lose to ATF

This was just a test, a dry run. variations on this and other unconstitutional themes are occuring nation wide.
WSP should have reported the lose to ATF

I remember last year a small town in California left a message on my machine about a gun they were seeking info on, I just never called back & when they called a few days later I let them know if they wanted gun info they would need to contact the ATF. I'm not gonna lose my FFL trying to help out anyone but the ATF

Seattle Police Dept. 'embarrassed' after rifle left on cruiser

SEATTLE - A Seattle police spokesman says the department is "embarrassed" after officers left a police rifle unattended on top of a patrol car outside a busy downtown area.

>> See a photo of the rifle on the car

Spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb says the department has launched an investigation and will be relooking at their policies in regards to securing weapons.

Whitcomb says that two good Samaritans spotted the rifle on the parked car. One flagged down bicycle officers to alert them. The other tracked down the driver and said the rifle was on the back of his trunk.

Whitcomb added the driver of the patrol car "was not far, but was not within immediate control of the car."

The alternative weekly The Stranger first reported the incident, posting a picture that shows the rifle sitting on top of the trunk.

Whitcomb says such rifles are assigned only to officers who have additional training. They're usually kept in the trunk or between the driver and passenger seats. He also said the unattended rifle was a policy violation, not a law violation.

Whitcomb didn't know the status of the officer, and wasn't sure if there were one or two officers in the car. He also was not able to say what they were doing with a rifle out in the first place.

He says people should expect more

WOW, that is one way to do it. Another would be to include the serial # and ask them to check their records to see if it passed through they're shop.

But, WOW.
This is THE ONLY way they can do this.
You can't search for stolen property on a massive search like that. That is not a search for stolen property, that is a request for personal information from every consumer.
I have been questioned about stolen property before, they have had the serial number in hand and have asked to see the serial number of what I had, after they saw that, they went on their way.
They need to state what they are looking for, being one AR-15 rifle, they need to identify what AR-15 rifle in particular they are looking for.
If I were a FFL I would reply back asking for the serial number of the specific AR-15 they are looking for, and tell them I would check my records for that and send them the information I had if that one was in my records.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top