JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
April fools is a ways away. How do they think trolling every FFL and AR buying citizen in WA is going to work out for them?

Else Juli sat there thinking when she wrote this up "There can't be THAT many of them...":s0001:

That's some weird stuff.

if not phony, then we also need to consider the simple fact that this is a REQUEST, not a court order. it can be quite easily ignored entirely, if any FFL choses.

my guess is that it was either an agency owned AR-15, and they really want it back fast and without a lot of noise, or it's the officer's personal weapon.

relax, people... your rights are still (somewhat) intact.

#1 it is a request only, dont have to do it.

#2 Did it come certified? ...."Sorry never got that letter".

#3 maybe one of those intended to be traced into Mexico went somewhere else?

The letter did come Cert in the mail to most of the FFL's in Western WA yesterday, talked to some others in my area, I was not aware of this and still having coffee when I got a call from another FFL about it. This in my mind is a Witch Hunt. The ATF Criminal Trace Center handles all the missing / stolen / criminal trace checks with the FFL with a stolen gun. The WSP has to provide a search warrant or suppena the FFL for the information. The WSP had a Colt 6920 style gun stolen from a car in Olympia a year ago and I think this is about them trying to find that gun......There were no details about the story and it only ran once on King 5, how about this WSP, get me the Ser# and I will look for your rifle? Not get you the personal information for all my AR customers for the last year and half......

Simple: Request put forth. Request denied. Unless there is a legal requirement to respond I would treat it just as it was worded, a request. Straight to the shredder.

sounds like an invitation to waive your (and our) 4th Amendment rights. standard traffic stop procedure. maybe shes just a forward thinker, a real up and comer? as far as "Gun Control" coming from the federal executive being any different than gun control coming from the unlegislated practices of the state executive. . . no. <---trying to be polite

How many FFL's are going to just send the information and move on..........??
I would guess lots

sounds like an invitation to waive your (and our) 4th Amendment rights. standard traffic stop procedure. maybe shes just a forward thinker, a real up and comer? as far as "Gun Control" coming from the federal executive being any different than gun control coming from the unlegislated practices of the state executive. . . no. <---trying to be polite
IMO this is just a sneaky way to get info.... most will just roll over and give it up.. .this one time... fine, but if you do it once, it will become practice, the officer will go back and say "Sarge, I got lots of response last time we sent out the letter, lets do it again, and again and again"... next thing you know some congressman sees the public so willing, it must not be an problem, lets put this on the law books as a way for LE to get information.. Am i stretching, I don't thing so... it happens at work... what do they say, give an inch and they take a mile....

I left a message for Det. Gundermann... I doubt I will get a call back.... strange thing is, the number went to a voicemail with no recording.... just leave a message at the tone...

I'm pretty sure 99% of us want nothing to do with a stolen weapon. If they are really looking for a stolen weapon, just give us the number. If it's floating around in our community, it will be returned pretty quickly as soon as we know what we're looking for.

All things considered, I'm thinking this is a back door way to make a list for nefarious purposes. Hard to think of a legitimate reason to cast such a wide net.

The WSP had a Colt 6920 style gun stolen from a car in Olympia a year ago and I think this is about them trying to find that gun.....

The more info I get, this seems very likely.
And yes please, just provide the serial # already.
I would LOVE to be at a gunshow and have it be offered for sale.
That would be the quickest 911 call I could ever place.
The community could help if they let us.

Even if I had it and had paid $1000.00 for the rifle, I would still turn it in and provide any info I had on the seller.

The reason for concern is that there is no lawful reason to get ALL AR sales records, other than to compile a list of them. They know the number of the stolen firearm. They can just let the FFLs know what number to be on the look out for without generating a list....

It's about the fourth amendment...

I would not give them anything.Unless they had a court order,and evan then I would have to think about it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top