JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I offer this: perhaps the most succinct and sincere contribution regarding human-to-human interaction with firearms. It is not mine. It came from I believe a newer member here, "retiredgal".

Remember, you are responsible for every thing that you fire from your gun. Aim, stop them, and quit shooting! Be smart, not emotional. Rambo is a movie.

and, since she is the OP, it is fitting that I throw her words into her face. While I do so, I hope all others welcome the fresh perspective offered.

My pistol comes out of the holster only as a last resort to protect my or my families life. If it comes out, chances are excellent that it will be fired to stop the threat right now!

I think it's a common sense, if you decide to draw your weapon, you better make it count.

It's comments like these that make me wonder if firearms training shouldn't be mandatory. There may become a time where simply pulling your firearm from the holster nuetralizes the threat and no longer warrants deadly force. You should not get it stuck in your head that if you pull your firearm you must use it...instead you should have the mindset that you carry a firearm in hopes that you will never have to use it- but that if you do have to use it then you are prepared to take a life, if necessary.

Riot,

I have had a considerable amount of fire arms training. Years worth, in fact. If you read my statement you'll notice I said that chances are excellent, not mandatory that my weapon will be fired. If simply showing an assailant that I have a firearms negates the threat, then the threat to life and limb has stopped and my actions need go no further. If showing the gun fails to stop the threat, then yes, I am more than prepared to end a life to protect myself and my family. That being said, there will be no warning shot.

During my 23 years of service to our country I have taken the lives of soldiers on the opposite side. Some up close and personal, some at over 500 yards. If you think I'm in a hurry to take another, your sadly, sadly mistaken.

Riot,

I have had a considerable amount of fire arms training. Years worth, in fact. If you read my statement you'll notice I said that chances are excellent, not mandatory that my weapon will be fired. If simply showing an assailant that I have a firearms negates the threat, then the threat to life and limb has stopped and my actions need go no further. If showing the gun fails to stop the threat, then yes, I am more than prepared to end a life to protect myself and my family. That being said, there will be no warning shot.

During my 23 years of service to our country I have taken the lives of soldiers on the opposite side. Some up close and personal, some at over 500 yards. If you think I'm in a hurry to take another, your sadly, sadly mistaken.

First of all, thank you for your service. Secondly, it looks like there may have been some miscommunication between you and I. Clearly we both agree that if you fire the weapon, you shoot because you felt the threat warranted a leathal response and you would shoot the attacker and never fire a warning shot. Lastly, we both agree that not all situations dictate that if have a firearm in your hand you are only doing so to shoot someone (you might have to clear your house from a suspected burglar and find that a relative decided to stop by, an innocent bystandard may be injured or killed if you discharge your weapon at the threat, etc.). There are way too many forum warriors out there and I thought you were one of them, so I appologize.

First of all, thank you for your service. Secondly, it looks like there may have been some miscommunication between you and I. Clearly we both agree that if you fire the weapon, you shoot because you felt the threat warranted a leathal response and you would shoot the attacker and never fire a warning shot. Lastly, we both agree that not all situations dictate that if have a firearm in your hand you are only doing so to shoot someone (you might have to clear your house from a suspected burglar and find that a relative decided to stop by, an innocent bystandard may be injured or killed if you discharge your weapon at the threat, etc.). There are way too many forum warriors out there and I thought you were one of them, so I appologize.

You know RIOT It is really refreshing to see someone apologize for what appears to be a misunderstanding. It seems to me there are more arguments on this forum from misunderstandings of what was typed and what was read and then it goes back and forth for pages till someone decides they are tired of arguing over something unrelated and stupid. So thank you for stopping and realizing you two are both on the same page.:s0155:

You know RIOT It is really refreshing to see someone apologize for what appears to be a misunderstanding. It seems to me there are more arguments on this forum from misunderstandings of what was typed and what was read and then it goes back and forth for pages till someone decides they are tired of arguing over something unrelated and stupid. So thank you for stopping and realizing you two are both on the same page.:s0155:

We're all human and are prone to make mistakes. I wouldn't be a responsible gun owner if I couldn't step on my pride and admit when I am wrong or just bite my tounge and chaulk it up to a miscommunication.

Also, thank you for the koodos.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads