JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glad you came out with only bruises. No mention of the effect on your hearing, but I imagine that was affected for a while.
Thanks for posting this, lots of anecdotal wisdom here. I will re-evaluate my technique, since I use the RCBS priming system and have a brick of Federal LRM primers to use. I would not expect one to be triggered while shuffling them for alignment on the RCBS tray. In fact, I've dropped whole trays onto the table top (and some on the floor) when I slid out a primer tray upside down, never a detonation.

I read the Lee warning ages ago when I was using a Load Master. In my cynicism, I figured it was because someone at Federal pissed off someone at Lee Precision. I ignored it.

Actually I was wondering what the softest primer was, for fireforming 6.5 TCU cases. I'm guessing hard primers will drive the case forward more, thus leading to stretching. I thought Rem primers were the softest?
Probably will go with small pistol primers for this, since I want to try the cream-of-wheat method, which uses a pistol powder.

Softest is in terms of the metal cup. I've had to use Federal before because I had a Steyr M40. The striker firing pin on mine did not always detonate the CCI cups, so I would use Winchester and Federal. IIRC, primer cups, softest to hardest goes: Federal / Winchester / Remington / CCI.
No idea where Tula, S&B, or Wolfe set in that list.

Hmmm. I've seen this same thing on another forum. Hope your leg heals up alright Scott. Makes me leery of using any Federal primers. Luckilly I've always used CCI's and they have been flawless..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top