JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pro-2A advocates need to convince non-Republican candidates (i.e., Democrats) to support gun rights, because the demographics are not good, there just aren't too many single issue voters out there and they tend to cluster around the same set of ideological issues (2A, Roe v. Wade, etc.) and, frankly, a Republican party that's become purely a cult of personality, isn't going to draw folks in.
This is me, very much. I would love to have a reasonable party to vote for, or any really pro-2A candidates whose moral character and other policy positions I can stomach.

This is me, very much. I would love to have a reasonable party to vote for, or any really pro-2A candidates whose moral character and other policy positions I can stomach.
And there in lies the root problem, No Party puts out any decent candidates anymore, so were stuck with what ever jackarse they think they can prop up for their own agenda! As far as third party goes, our system doesn't really support it, after all, how do you run the house or senate with a third party, especially if that party becomes powerful enough! Politics for profit has taken over all the parties, they all want the same thing, to collect the biggest payday they can, and to influence all they can, while propping up their base of power! Look at the top politicians, most have been in office more then 30 years, and what have they actually done other then enrich them selves!

And there in lies the root problem, No Party puts out any decent candidates anymore, so were stuck with what ever jackarse they think they can prop up for their own agenda! As far as third party goes, our system doesn't really support it, after all, how do you run the house or senate with a third party, especially if that party becomes powerful enough! Politics for profit has taken over all the parties, they all want the same thing, to collect the biggest payday they can, and to influence all they can, while propping up their base of power! Look at the top politicians, most have been in office more then 30 years, and what have they actually done other then enrich them selves!
The problem with third parties is very real. If you need 50%+1 to win, then it benefits no one to put time or money into a new party when it will only increase the chances of the party you align least with winning, and if no one hits that threshold, then congress decides. I very much doubt congress would decide to eliminate one of the main ways they retain their power.

I know that we 2A folks are mostly constitutional originalists here, but I think it's high time we examined our system pretty critically for our rapidly changing world. It's been a long time since we tweaked our foundational document, and that has resulted in a bevy of legislative and executive overreaches to solve issues in a politically expedient way to bypass the amendment process the founders included. We really need some fresh minds in there, and to rally around some candidates who don't want to just divide and conquer us on a few highly polarized issues.

I just want Constitution abiding Americans in office, Statesmen that would put Country above self...is that to much to ask?

If we as gun owners want others to change their opinions on guns, it will not happen on its own. ANY opportunity to help a new gun owner I will take it. Telling them to beat it if they never supported 2A before will do NOTHING to aid in getting them to see the light and support 2A. Otherwise, we can all sit in the same room, talk the tough hardline talk, and watch nothing change. Get madder about it and talk tougher with the same results. :rolleyes:

The problem with third parties is very real. If you need 50%+1 to win, then it benefits no one to put time or money into a new party when it will only increase the chances of the party you align least with winning, and if no one hits that threshold, then congress decides.

You do not need to hit 50% to win election. Bill Clinton was elected with around 43% of the vote. The rest of the vote was split by Bush 1 and Ross Parrot (I know). Parrot hated Bush due to personal dealings with him so he ran for the sole purpose of making Bush lose. It worked as planned. Parrot understood what YOU do about 3rd parties - they never win, they just cause one of the two major parties to lose. We can thank Ralph Nader for Bush 2 winning in 2000 - Ralph got A LOT of votes in Florida which gave that state to Bush after weeks and weeks of counting hanging chads. YOU are smart enough to understand that a vote for a 3rd party may give the win to the worst candidate - many folks on this website, who should know better, cannot grasp that concept. EDITED TO MEET JOE'S NWFA RULES. ;)

In 2020 only two presidential candidates are running - the incumbent is solidly pro-2A and pro-USA, while the challenger is rabidly anti-2A and anti-USA. You know who they are. ;) EDITED TO MEET JOES NWFA RULES.

Last Edited:
And there in lies the root problem, No Party puts out any decent candidates anymore,

100% false. Trump is an outstanding candidate and has been an outstanding president. His policies are pro-USA, pro-2A, pro-business, pro-freedom, etc. His conservative judges alone are worth putting up with his sometimes-idiotic tweets!. :) Yes, he's offensive at times - I'm AOK with that. No better candidate that is not offensive (and who could win) has come forward. I can't blame them - they would be destroyed by the mainstream media - who would want to go thru that? He has revealed to the world how corrupt the MSM is and that his a YUGE positive for the USA.

EDITED TO MEET NWFA GUIDELINES SENT TO US BY JOE LINK TODAY. ;)

Last Edited:
Absolutely true
How many here know stories of rabid anti-gunners who get busted for having or using guns illegally? Just because folks are buying guns, it ain't necessarily so that they are pro 2A.
PS:

For the record... my MT born and raised husband, I am a remarried widow, IS voting for President Trump.

What fine choices that we have, NOT, a bunch of mental cases in MORE WAYS THAN ONE and certainly NO friend of the Second Amendment.

Cate
Aye, there's the rub...
I cannot recall an election in the last 30 years that wasn't a vote for what I perceived as the lesser evil. I backed Perot and that got me Clinton. I decided then that a third party vote equals a vote for the person I least want in the Oval Office so now, I bite the bullet and vote for the candidate who I think will protect or not damage as badly my Second Amendment rights.
And so...:s0092:Trump gets my vote

Why is it so hard to imagine that......
Some people (gunowners or not).....will NO MATTER WHAT.....still vote for this (more correctly, the people who subscribe to this platform).

Preventing Gun Violence
With 33,000 Americans dying every year**, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Taken from: https://www.democrats.org/party-platform#gun-violence

Why?

Because, they actually believe that the Constitution actually says......

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Aloha, Mark

Pro-2A advocates need to convince non-Republican candidates (i.e., Democrats) to support gun rights, because the demographics are not good, there just aren't too many single issue voters out there and they tend to cluster around the same set of ideological issues (2A, Roe v. Wade, etc.) and, frankly, a Republican party that's become purely a cult of personality, isn't going to draw folks in.

Hmm...

Below is a interesting chart. Now this is just WV but the reverse actually seems to be going on.

My point: Why the switchero? I agree it's not Trump? Nope. It's Democrats' divisiveness, incompetence, lies and hypocrisies.

I agree it ain't just because people want a leader that tells the folks what they're going to do and then does it, nor even one that puts Americans first. Really we did put up with the opposite for so damn long, it can't be that right?

Well it ain't cause Orange is the new Black.

Is it really just because the American people are tired of being the sacrifice on the alter of Global Cabals, and sold out by their leaders to their enemies, and the enemies of all humanity?

Huh, it just maybe that folks are putting a few things together...

Perhaps it is as the Democrats keep screaming: "Silence = Complicity" and Webster is right that Terrorism = 'The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims'; then it would seem to follow that the Democrats' silence re Antifa's and BLM's violence, looting, burning, and murder means that they too are a terrorist organization.

Maybe that is what it is... just saying. Because it won't be a Trump Cult that wins 2020.

It maybe the Commie Anachrists worst nightmare. They lose not because of Trump, but in spite of him.

I think it is less about personality cults, and more about actually following through and putting us first instead of betraying us and trying to destroy us.

I could be wrong but I think that the Demonrats failed to grasp how fed up and PO'd we had to be that we elected Donald J. Trump; and too the implications that their traitorous schemes and continued corruption will have going forward.

1598576068104.png

For the record... my MT born and raised husband, I am a remarried widow, IS voting for President Trump.

What fine choices that we have, NOT, a bunch of mental cases in MORE WAYS THAN ONE and certainly NO friend of the Second Amendment.

Catherine,

Have you asked your husband why he is voting for Trump? Perhaps he can tell you why Trump is pro-2A and why he is voting for him. While Trump is not perfect, I think he is the only chance we have to beat Biden/Harris. No other pro-2A candidate on the ballot can win. I'm sure there are hundreds of excellent pro-2A candidates in the country but if they don't play the game to get on the R or D ticket they aren't going to help us; except possibly in some very localized small districts.

On my real name, I do not use my real name online, and I recommend you don't either. Do NOT provide ANY personal info such as your age, your husbands name, the town where you live, what guns you own, photos of: people, home, land, firearms, etc. There are nuts online - identity thieves, gun thieves,, no doubt anti-2A spies on this website, most likely including law enforcement looking for violations by us evil 2A supporters - the list of nuts is endless. Let Prepper Princess tell you her experience:

Be smarter than the nuts - stay safe! ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top