JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It has been warming upquite a bit around here so I have just switched from my winter carry (SIG P220 Elite Carry in a Galco Summer Comfort holster) to what I think will be my new spring/fall carry.

I would normally just go back to my Kahr PM40 but I have decided I would like a few extra rounds so I have started carrying my new SIG P250 subcompact. It is not as small as the PM40 but it carries just about as easily. It also has night sights which my PM40 does not and I like the trigger a little better.

I finally range tested it last week (range report to follow) and it really did very well. I loved how it handled and performed.

On a plus note, I also found that it fits perfectly into the Galco Sto-N- holster that I have for my SA XD-40SC. It was like it was made for it.

Anyone else making the seasonal change or carrying something new these days?

P250Carry2-1.jpg

P250Carry-1.jpg

When it really gets warm, if I am going to holster carry rather than in my Bianchi bag, I am usually wearing a T-shirt with an oversize hawaiian shirt for a cover garment and I switch from my DW CBOB to my SP101 3" in a Milt Sparks PMK OWB holster.

I use to switch between a full size OWB carry in jacket weather to .380 in warm weather. Almost 2 years ago I bought a M&Pc since then it is all I carry 99% of the time. I have IWB and OWB holsters for it depending on how I want to carry but even in shorts and a t-shirt it is my main carry.

I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my CBOB. That will make it easier to conceal when it's warmer out. Plus I'm working on losing some weight. Then the gun will fit inside of the pants easier and it will mean I can keep wearing the same pants I'm wearin' now.:s0155:

Although it was warming up, I've noticed it cooling back down again. :D

My carry doesn't change now that I've sold my ppk ( I would occasionally just stick the ppks in my pocket).
I'm torn between the plastic holster and the leather one though.

...I have decided I would like a few extra rounds so I have started carrying my new SIG P250 subcompact.

If/when your range report is up, I'd like to read it. Do all of the 250's come with the DAK trigger? I dry-fired one locally at a gun store the other day, and I just can't adjust to a trigger pull that long. I understand that a good trigger pull is a "squeeze", but I just don't want to be squeezing all the way into next week before the thing fires. Just MHO. I sold my Kahr K40 for that reason.

My winter carry is either a G19 or G23. I actually prefer my Steyr M40-A1, but its slide is thicker and its bulkier to carry IWB - and harder to find good holsters for - I had to make one by combining two others. As winter progresses and I inevitably add a few pounds, in some pants I can only carry my Walther PPS. When spring turns to summer and I'm down to T-shirts, I carry a SW442 (usually) or a PM9 (sometimes) in the front pocket of baggy shorts. I have a <broken link removed> (?!) holster for every gun I carry IWB.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top