JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got a Keepers 'Errand' AIWB holster for my Shield, and have been using it to get back into AIWB carry in warm weather.. I doubt I'll ever go back to sticking a double stack Glock in my groin, but the Shield works well in the Errand holster. A Jframe or LCR also works well for me in hot weather. If I carry the 'Block' its with a Hawaiian type shirt, OWB.

HSO: Hawaiian Shirt Operator

I wore a Hawaiian Shirt once on a warm fall day in Pullman. Freaking yellowjackets wouldn't leave me alone and I had to discard the shirt or risk being stung to death.

I carry a Ruger LC9 (single stack only) in a Barsony leather pancake holster strong right side. I carry 2 extra mags on the left side in a nylon carrier, the first being a 10 round one I just got. I usually wear a Carhart XL shirt or similar one from Goodwill untucked, based on how it covers my carry. I wear a pullover sweatshirt or windbreaker over that. Summer time same shirt with Carhart shorts, drop my Tarus TCP .380 in the leather pocket holster in my back pocket sometimes for a back up piece. The shirts are always a pattern of some kind, seldom solid colors, maybe a Hawaiian print with dressy shorts if going out or to a gathering.

No problem printing in most cases, most socializing is done with others who are carrying also, and even in situations where I may be the only one carrying, no one even has a clue.

I'm a 1911 fan - full size, in .45 ACP, as the Gods intended. Unfortunately, with my frame, if I carry one in a shoulder holster I look like an extra in a Jimmy Cagney film. Untucked / unbuttoned shirts have become cliche for IWB carry and even light breezes have a tendency to reveal your carry option, so I stopped doing that some years ago. Off body carry such as a man purse or fanny pack has never struck me as wise and has also become cliche for concealed carry. So what to do...

I resolved the problem by down sizing my artillery. Don't like it from a principled perspective, but it is practical and functional. Went with a Kahr P-9 dressed in Galco Miami Classic leather. Single stack and lower round cap then a full size bullet launcher, but cover it with a shirt 2-3 sizes to big for me and it conceals nicely - printing is not an issue, even with the shirt buttoned and tucked (which is how I carry).

Ex Gladio Libertas

0312151615.jpg

I've never been one for selecting a firearm on capacity but instead one that works for me and is reliable. I have done full-size 1911, G23, G19 then back to full-size 1911. Currently using OWB at seven o'clock in a Kramer Leather holster, 511 belt, and two magazine carriers (older than the hills so I don't know who made them).

Have several outer garments dependent on what I am doing. About ten years ago I had a custom tailored semi-formal jacket made to better conceal my equipment and put pockets in it (never figured the fake pocket thing) but has since been destroyed not too long ago.

Any ways for what we might deal with out there I feel comfortable with three eight round mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top