Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Warfytr a slightly different type of IWB holster

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by Karen Payne, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Karen Payne

Karen Payne Salem 1911 girl Bronze Supporter

I will start off by saying my preference for a holster is leather but there are times when a leather holster does not work with my daily attire e.g. wearing leggings for example there is no belt to work with. The choices out there are slim for many females in this case which include female underwear that I have not seen other than pictures but they sure don't appear to stay open once the firearm has been drawn thus one can't re-holster with one hand and that is a deal breaker for me.

A couple of months ago I saw an advertisement for a holster made out of kydex that (as kydex does) stays open after drawing the firearm, there is a clip for attaching the holster to clothing with or without a belt. I have experimented with clip on holsters but quickly discarded them for reasons such as they tore clothing in a short space of time.

This holster seem to have promise so finally ordered one, came in the mail in three days. Immediately tried the holster out and it simply works great. Granted it took a few attempts to work the clip (yeah I didn't RTFM) but after several days I am a happy girl.

So now instead of not carrying because of my attire there is zero reasons now to not carry.

I think looking at their images and videos is worth time spent if one has similar issues.

http://warfytr.com/

grande.jpg

Towercraneman, Ura-Ki, Riot and 6 others like this.
  2. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Cool! Very interesting design. Whatever works to facilitate carrying is a good thing..

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Cigarlvr313

Cigarlvr313 Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks for the info Karen..........I will pass it along to my wife.........I agree with Larry especially when it comes to our loved ones!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Looks like a good alternative to wearin a big hurky belt.

5. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

That kydex does wonders for your pistol. Great retention.
    You look to have found the ideal attire for the need.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I don't see a holster:rolleyes:

Looks interesting. Must be better than a padle holster, if you like IWB carry

7. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

That's tight!

8. bearnut

bearnut Oregon Member

I have to say that looks like a rather nice product :cool:

9. Hayshaker

Hayshaker Irrigon Active Member

If you don't have a belt ,what hold up your pants??I would not think elastic could do the job with the weight of a loaded pistol

Ura-Ki and Caveman Jim like this.
  10. bearnut

bearnut Oregon Member

It looks like the fabric is sandwiched tightly between 1) the inner rectangular bulge and 2) the outer picture frame. Reminds me of Mom's embroidery frame gizmo.

11. swpost10

swpost10 SE Vancouver, WA Member

Any chance you'll share the brand and model of that holster???

Hayshaker; I guess, as seen in the photo, with a woman's wider hips they don't need a belt to keep pants from sliding down as us men do.

Looks great, hope to get one for my GF, once I know that brand and model #.

I have heard of terrible issues with SOTB carry and disabilities from falls damaging the spine, any concerns there???

12. ChiefStealth

ChiefStealth Graham, Wa. Well-Known Member

The brand (company) that makes this holster is named. Warfytr. A web link is in the OP first post. The holster model name is the Liberty model. The company has only two models. Easy to tell them apart.

swpost10 and Dyjital like this.
  13. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

The only place I've heard that is via experts and their YouTube videos claiming the best place to carry is up front with the muzzle resting above uR junk and rubbing on the femeral artery...a position that makes it highly uncomfortable to sit or squat and certain to maim or kill if one has a boo boo ND. But what do I know...I don't have a tactical YouTube channel.

spookshack, albin25, Wolf256 and 4 others like this.
  14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

LOL!!! That looks like an interesting and innovative holster but.......I'm a big belly guy (though, 10# lighter) and I'm from the no buTt gene pool!:)
    A pistol + no belt = major moon shot!!!:eek::confused:o_O:eek:

Ura-Ki, Dyjital, nammac and 1 other person like this.
  15. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Same here brother, have lost almost 18#'s in the last 4 months and had to dig out my suspenders.... I may need to get a shoulder holster cause I got no arse.......:eek::eek::eek:o_O

Ura-Ki and Sgt Nambu like this.
  16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Honestly, Jim, I dug mine out last week! :)

Ura-Ki and Caveman Jim like this.
  17. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

About a month later, how's it working out for you?

Ura-Ki and Riot like this.
  18. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

That looks like a really good set up. My wife might really like that! Purse carry or shoulder rig just doesn't work well for her!

20. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Do you really think they were reading the post when there was a picture there:p:p:p

Riot, mjbskwim and Ura-Ki like this.