JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another example of how being a peaceful law abiding citizen means little when it comes to defending your life against evil.

1 person with a firearm could have prevented this act of evil, and saved tax payers money too!

War Veteran Stabbed to Death on Appalachian Trail Was Hiking to Overcome PTSD

My better half and I we hike a lot and normally only I am the one who is packing.
Now she is going to carry on hikes as well.

OP,

I followed this story when it was breaking news when an ALERT WAS FINALLY PUT OUT even though they had MANY NUMEROUS WARNINGS AHEAD OF TIME but nothing was done!

There is more to the story when it comes to the APT. DO an internet search on a bunch of the criminal stories. You may or may not like Google but it will bring up more of the news/crime stories with offical LINKS.

One famous MURDERER, name escapes me now, on the APT MURDERED people, finally got caught, he was put in PRISON AND LET OUT. RELEASED! After he was released - HE MURDERED AGAIN. I am not kidding you and it is a factual story not some internet conspiracy theory.

There are sections of the AP TRAIL and in other parts of the country aka in other states (APT) where they have LONG LISTS of these things. In national and state forests/parks too.

Missing people but that is for another thread and subject matter as you already know.

Stay safe and good for your wife for taking care of business!

I always enjoy your posts.

God bless both of you.

Sincerely,

Old Lady Cate
Typos!

Last Edited:
May Ronald rest in peace.

Condolences to his family and friends.

THIS country can fix these senseless crimes but they REFUSE TO DO IT.

Cate

I wonder how quickly the 'authorities' would have dealt with the threat if it was a bear, coyote or cougar menacing hikers

Senseless. God may he rest in peace.

That POS should have been dealt with prior to this incident.

The most egregious act to the law abiding is the failure of the govt to deal with evil.

Only way to deal with them is to introduce them to their maker.

Never go out in the woods without a firearm, too many crazy people out there.

There are a LOT more crazy people in the city than in the woods.

Sometimes, not very often, but sometimes, those crazy people venture out into the woods. One is one too many. I do encourage people to think that the woods are full of crazy Deliverance type characters though - keeps the woods from getting crowded. :D

I live in the woods, I spend 80%+ of my time at home in the woods, and I have yet to see any "crazies" out here. I go out without a firearm most of the time. Probably should carry more often though. I am trying to get into the habit.

That said, if I went traveling away from home, then yes, I would carry out in the woods.

"PEOPLE was unable to reach a lawyer for Jordan."

Lawyer ??? Why isn't Jordan decorating a tree limb? :mad:

Because we don't do that in the USA.

The real question is why isn't he dead from multiple gunshot wounds?

The answer is because apparently nobody he encountered was carrying a gun.

Why not?

Because people are being indoctrinated to believe that guns are evil and that they don't need them.

Why?

Because the PTB and others want us to be disarmed.

Why?

Because we are considered a threat to them when they are the real threat.

There are a LOT more crazy people in the city than in the woods.

Sometimes, not very often, but sometimes, those crazy people venture out into the woods. One is one too many. I do encourage people to think that the woods are full of crazy Deliverance type characters though - keeps the woods from getting crowded. :D

I live in the woods, I spend 80%+ of my time at home in the woods, and I have yet to see any "crazies" out here. I go out without a firearm most of the time. Probably should carry more often though. I am trying to get into the habit.

That said, if I went traveling away from home, then yes, I would carry out in the woods.

I guess I should be more careful then. I never "carry" in the woods, but that doesn't mean I don't have a rifle near by.... Maybe I should start thinking about carrying? Even in the woods? Even when hunting? Hmmm.....

I guess I should be more careful then. I never "carry" in the woods, but that doesn't mean I don't have a rifle near by.... Maybe I should start thinking about carrying? Even in the woods? Even when hunting? Hmmm.....
Good idea to carry out in the woods, now.
Even when out shooting on public land, don't walk downrange to tend targets without some heat on you.
You never know who is going to roll in behind you.

War Veteran Stabbed to Death on Appalachian Trail Was Hiking to Overcome PTSD

My better half and I we hike a lot and normally only I am the one who is packing.
Now she is going to carry on hikes as well.

Couple sad takeaways. One, this scum had been known to be a problem and was allowed to just keep at it.
Two, had the victims been armed they could still be alive.
Coworker years ago mentioned to me one day about another who he liked to go fishing with. Mentioned that it seemed strange to him that the guy always carried. He seemed to think that out in the boonies there was no need for a gun. I asked him, you ever run into others out there? He said yes of course. I said how do you know none of them are some kook you would want a gun when around?

Because we don't do that in the USA.

The real question is why isn't he dead from multiple gunshot wounds?

The answer is because apparently nobody he encountered was carrying a gun.

Why not?

Because people are being indoctrinated to believe that guns are evil and that they don't need them.

Why?

Because the PTB and others want us to be disarmed.

Why?

Because we are considered a threat to them when they are the real threat.
:s0101::s0101::s0101::s0101:

Yes I would if I was in your shoes. You will go your lifetime and most likely never need it. If you ever do need it though you will sue as hell be glad you had it. It's one of those why not have it things?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top