JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a rem r 25 about a year and a half ago. 308 is a very nice round. the rifle is very accurate, never had it jam or mis fire. I bought 2 4 round clips (20.00 each)from Brownells, 4 20rnd clips from the same, I bought iron sights at local gun show, low profile rear, high profile front, as well as a 9x40 scope. I love the gun. My advise is to start buying brass,bullets,powder, and primers now.. It gets hungry fast.... I paid 1300.00 new at sportsmanwherehouse. They are made by DMPS for remington... Hope this helps

Looks like a Sporticle with a fluted barrel, free-float handguard and cammo paint. They may have shaved a little weight off of the upper, but not much. Not sure that the extra stuff would make a noticeable difference in the field. You might be able to get a plain-jane 20" 308 AR-10 for a bit less if looks aren't important. This is not a put-down, BTW. I have a Sporticle in 308 and am very happy with it. The only thing I didn't like was the trigger, and since it's an AR it didn't take long to fix that up.

What about the DPMS compact hunter? looking for a nice gun to carry in the brush but would like the ability to shoot at a good distance becuase of the many clear cuts.

No experience with that one. I looked it up and it's only 7.75 lbs. Not bad. Hogue grip - I have one on one of my AR's and love it. It says it comes with a Two-Stage Match trigger. I've never met a DPMS trigger that I liked, but who knows. Just curious, any reason a $600 bolt-action rifle wouldn't do? You hunting hogs or something? ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top