JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I keep finding these at my pit, are they junk or wanted by anyone here? 20180306_120550_001.jpg 20180306_120511.jpg

Looks like a brass 7.62x54R to me. Likely Berdan primed. I have no use but should make decent scrap weight fairly quick.

Its possible they are brass washed steel. Most of what I've seen are copper washed steel. Would be an easy check.

Exactly. This is why the common pack rat has evolved special canines for testing what it carries away to its hoard.. and has an actual magnet in its head.
Exactly. This is why the common pack rat has evolved special canines for testing what it carries away to its hoard.. and has an actual magnet in its head.

Best if conducted by an open flame in a textile factory.... :s0007:

I keep finding these at my pit, are they junk or wanted by anyone here?View attachment 438320 View attachment 438321

Seriously now,

As already pointed out ... they are most likely steel cases (with some wash for protection and lubricity) and Berdan primed. If so recycle in the steel bin.

There are Boxer primed, brass cases out there however. It's not common but it's worth a quick look at the flash hole and a quick magnet check to be sure as these are easily reloadable.

I hope this helps.

Last Edited:
Late getting back to this but oh well, here goes anyway ...

Since they are brass, check the flash hole. If boxer they are reloadable and could probably be sold for more than scrap.

Just a thought.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews