JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you think of the new IDPA Classifier

• Loved it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Please post below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What I have heard most it will lead to paper Masters.

Second is some people griping that I am now a 5 gun X
- I have never used some of those guns / divisions, but the auto in all divisions makes that happen. I don't think it was official, but it was common, to say you have achieved a proficiency level with a number of different firearms.

I think for classing shooters use shooting skills not physical ability - ie to run.

I also think classification aught to be able to go down.

What I have heard most it will lead to paper Masters.

Ok, but all Classifiers do that.

Second is some people griping that I am now a 5 gun X
- I have never used some of those guns / divisions, but the auto in all divisions makes that happen. I don't think it was official, but it was common, to say you have achieved a proficiency level with a number of different firearms.

I'm surprised people care about that stuff.

I think for classing shooters use shooting skills not physical ability - ie to run.

Meh, there's not as much running as in USPSA anyway. Shooting while moving is a necessary skill for self-defense (what we are based on). Yes? If a shooter can hit while RUNNING, then IMO more power to him. But gaming stages for increased scoring should be shamed by others at the very least.

I also think classification aught to be able to go down. It doesn't?... shows you how much I pay attention to scoring. I think people get too serious about the game aspects of this hobby. High testosterone, low drag types. ;)

Sorry I didn't catch your reply til now. Thanx for the input!!!

bb

Hmmmmm, let's give it a shot: ;)

Stage 1
Start Position
Shooter Position 1
24 rounds total All Shot from P1
Stage Procedure
String 1 (12 shots): Load exactly 6 rounds in the firearm. Draw and fire 2 shots to each
body, re-load from slide-lock and fire 2 shots at each head.
String 2 (6 shots): Draw and fire 2 shots at each target strong hand only.
String 3 (6 shots): Start with firearm in weak hand, pointed down range at a 45 degree
down angle, safety may be off but the trigger finger must be out of trigger guard. Fire 2
shots at each target weak hand only.

Stage 2
Start Position
Shooter Position 2, Shooter Position 3
The start position for all strings is standing erect with hands naturally at sides.
Stage Procedure
String 1 (12 shots): Load exactly 6 rounds total in the firearm at P2. Start back to the
target, turn, draw and fire 2 rounds to each target, re-load from slide-lock and fire 2
more shots at each target.
String 2 (6 shots): From the 10 yard line (P2), draw and fire 2 shots at each target while
moving forward. Do not cross the line at P3.
String 3 (6 shots): From the 5 yard line (P3), draw and fire 2 shots at each target while
retreating from the targets.

Stage 3
Start Position
Shooter Position 4, Shooter Position 5
The start position for all strings is standing erect with hands naturally at sides.
Stage Procedure
String 1 (12 shots): Load exactly 6 rounds total in the firearm at P4. Draw and fire 2
shots at each target using from either side of the barricade, re-load from slide-lock using
cover, advance to barrels at the 15 yard line (P5) and fire 2 shots at each target using
cover shooting inside of the barrels on either side. Shooters choice. Shooter may not
shoot around outside of barrels without incurring a penalty Per 5.1
String 2 (12 shots): Load exactly 6 rounds total in the firearm at P5. Draw and fire 2
shots at each target using cover from inside of the barrels, re-load from slide-lock using
cover, move to the opposite barrels and fire 2 shots at each target using cover from
inside the barrels. Shooter may not shoot around outside of barrels without incurring a
penalty Per 5.1

That's it. Pretty simple!!!! If you look for it on Youtube, be sure to put 2017 in your parameters or you'll be watching the old classifier.

Stay safe - bb

upload_2017-6-25_10-49-9.png

Yup, don't sweat it... easy drills!!! Practice your mag changes and especially shooting while moving backwards, which we don't do often.

All the mag changes are done from slide-lock so practice your preferred method of going back into battery. :)

Have you got and read the 2017 rule book?

If not, you need to do that.

Straight answer, no. But I have read through the rules online, but not in real depth. There are some youtube videos, but they mainly talk about the changes between 2016 and 17.

I asked for a paper rule book to be sent when I joined IDPA, but I haven't received it yet.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews