JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When is Oregon going to pull it's head out and give us the aforementioned? I am getting tired of having to carry the now necessary maps, making sure I am on a vertically marked road and basically being denied the ability to ride on the same roads as a class 3 registered vehicle. I am not suggesting a quad should be allowed to go down the highway but secondary roads and in town should not be a problem. There is essentially no difference between a motorcycle and my quad when riding on a dirt road the only difference being the motorcycle is registered street legal and the quad cannot be -yet. Other states have already done this. I will gladly pay registration, wear a helmet, hang a license plate and put turn signals on my quad. Look at the revenue Oregon is loosing. Anyone else feel the same way?

A week or two ago I saw two portland cops riding quads down N Killingsworth st. Of course they are "above the law" and us peons would be ticketed and have our quads siezed for doing the same thing. Looked like they were having a blast.

it is just a matter of time and the ONLY places we will be able to ride our quads will be designated riding areas in the forest and our own private property. typical forest circus procedure, management by closure. I have five quads and I am thinking about getting rid of all of them before it becomes illegal to ride the darned things, period!

it is just a matter of time and the ONLY places we will be able to ride our quads will be designated riding areas in the forest and our own private property. typical forest circus procedure, management by closure. I have five quads and I am thinking about getting rid of all of them before it becomes illegal to ride the darned things, period!

Check the regs, we are already there. Atv's on designated trails only, forget using them for hunting. If you are hunting on a ATV your rifle must be totally unloaded. No rounds in the mag. If you are in a pickup on the same road or trail you can have rounds in the mag, just not in the chamber. ?????? Also if you are on the same trail or road as your pickup, you get fined. Even if you do have your current atv permit stuck to your fender. My bubblegum is I'm to old and beatup to go walking in the woods.

I was talking to some of my buddy's about this and was supprise to learn they did not know about this problem. They came up with write the Oregon Dept of Fish and Game and explain that us old guys can not walk around in the woods any more. The ATV's are a way for us to keep on hunting and fishing. They are low impact on the enviroment, fuel effecent and quiet. Much better then running around in the woods with a 3/4 ton 4x4 which is legal. So start writing to the state! Letter them to death like the enviro's.

I was talking to some of my buddy's about this and was supprise to learn they did not know about this problem. They came up with write the Oregon Dept of Fish and Game and explain that us old guys can not walk around in the woods any more. The ATV's are a way for us to keep on hunting and fishing. They are low impact on the enviroment, fuel effecent and quiet. Much better then running around in the woods with a 3/4 ton 4x4 which is legal. So start writing to the state! Letter them to death like the enviro's.
Yaa,, last time i went to jacksonhole wyoming, people were driving quads up and down the street. it appeared legal to me.. why can't oregon do this also.?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top