JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Wanted 7.62x39 Bolt rifle needs to be modern
Not to expensive would like to stay at or under $400.00 or less will be a plinker gun
may step up but would need to be nice
Thanks

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Have you seen the Ruger American Ranch in 762x39? It accepts Ruger mini 30 magazines, has a threaded barrel and is pretty darned accurate. Probably more in the $500-$600.00 range but Ive heard nothing but good things about it.

ranch_thirty_lede.jpg

Have you seen the Ruger American Ranch in 762x39? It accepts Ruger mini 30 magazines, has a threaded barrel and is pretty darned accurate. Probably more in the $500-$600.00 range but Ive heard nothing but good things about it.

View attachment 1179480
I have one of these, and the CZ 527 carbine. Both are good options IMO, although CZ discontinued the 527 line so I am not sure if they currently offer any bolt actions in X39. The Ruger has been a little hard to find in recent years, but I recall seeing new one's offered within the last 2-3 months from certain distributors. I picked mine up from another member here, and its a keeper based on a couple trips to the range.

I have one of these, and the CZ 527 carbine. Both are good options IMO, although CZ discontinued the 527 line so I am not sure if they currently offer any bolt actions in X39. The Ruger has been a little hard to find in recent years, but I recall seeing new one's offered within the last 2-3 months from certain distributors. I picked mine up from another member here, and its a keeper based on a couple trips to the range.
I'm still kicking myself for selling my CZ. That set trigger is pretty neat. Mine had a sticky bolt if I remember right, and that's why I sold it.

I love my 527, the bolt will break in. It will shoot a.308 diameter or the .310 equally. The fixed sights are well worth the jump in price. A little bit of bedding material went a long ways improving the accuracy. Save your money, buy the CZ and don't look back. But insist on the 527 carbine-wood stock and sights.

Ruger still lists the model on their website, and it seems to be a model/caliber that has been in demand. I have seen the .223 model frequently at BiMart, but don't recall seeing the X39 there before at the stores that I visit. I haven't recently checked at other locations for this model and caliber since I purchased a used one from a member here.

Damn! Wish I would've checked this out today when I was over there. The 300 BOs just came back in stock, so hopefully the x39 is next.
I didn't see it when I was last there about a week ago. Hopefully they will get more of them. It's a nice, handy little rifle and doesn't burn through the ammo as quick as an AK or AR platform!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.