Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Want trigger like my Colt Gold Cup in a small concealed 9mm. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Denwhit, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Denwhit

Denwhit Salem, Or Active Member

I just had my friend/FFL deliver my new Sig Sauer P290 in 9mm. I haven't been out to shoot it yet but just can not release the slide with my right thumb. I wonder if that will loosen up or am I just a weakling? And that long long pull of the trigger! Is that a design safety feature for concealed carry? I wish I had looked around a bit more before jumping... I'll admit I'm a handgun novice but I do love quality and can afford to buy it.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You might consider looking into a Sig 938 :thumbup:

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Did you mean Sig938?

Colt Gold Cup is a 1911. I do not own a Sig290 or a 938 but at one time considered it. One thing I can say, neither the 290 nor the 938 are a 1911 like pistol. The 938 looks like a miniature 1911, but, trigger design is not the same. In either case, I don't think you can change the long trigger pull. But would like to hear from others who are more familiar with the platform.