JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently, job applicants for positions in the Obama Administration must answer a lengthy questionnaire about their personal/financial/whatever life. One of the items on the questionnaire caught my attention (and, no, I'm not applying...):

(59) Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether is has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.

Full questionairre can be found here.

I think it's a pretty big assumption that if you own a gun, it's registered - many areas of the Country don't require registration. Maybe they're only hiring from areas where gun registration is required? At any rate, I think it shows their assumptions about what gun ownership looks like.

Also, I don't care for the question (insinuation?) about whether it has caused any personal injury/property damage. I believe this would have been covered by other questions in the document - why single this particular issue out? Again, I think it shows their assumptions about the implications/risks of gun ownership.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top