JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMO, it is not your problem if somebody else who now suddenly decides that they need an AR. If you feel that you need to sell one of your AR's, sell it. But don't sell one because you feel sorry for a fool that thinks you should sell yours at cost to someone who feels entitled because they didn't buy before the panic.

+1

You cant control what happens to a gun once you sell it. You should sell it for what you want for it. I cant agree more with Guilty, we have had an anti gun president for 4 years now people should have seen this coming. After the last elections you could still get a decent Ar for $650. Now after the carnage a panic has set in and all the people who kept saying "I will get one tomorrow" are paying the price! I look at it the same way as i do at gold or silver, should i have listened to the experts several years ago that were saying buy gold? Yes i should have, but i didnt. So should I expect someone to sell me thier gold at $300/oz because i missed the boat? Absolutely not! I would say sell it for market value and move on. Lets be honest here there is a small number of people here that will put you on thier ignore list but who cares! Not like your gonna get invited to the holidays with them anyways! Flipping guns is the nature of the classifieds here and so what! I have sold guns and seen em hit the boards in days and ive also bought guns and listed em in days too. Just go with your gut on this cause there is no way to prevent your gun from being flipped, if it would make you mad if it happens then dont sell it!

My wife and I just had a baby a few weeks ago and with the madness happening in the world have been thinking about getting a second AR. One for each of us I guess. Especially with a ban almost imminent. I've been trying to find one that's not a ridiculous price. I had a chance to buy one from an online retailer and passed it up. Still kicking myself.

I would tell you to keep it or sell it to a friend. Keep it in the family as I say.
If not, might as well sell it at a nice profit. I'm not saying sell it for a 1k profit. But nothing wrong with making a profit. The only reason in the past my wife was ok with me buying a few guns was because I convinced her of the investment it was. I sold two ARs before one so I could buy my wife a ring, the other was to move back to the NW from KY.

Your thoughts are appreciated with all the vultures trolling these sites just to make a profit.

Just wait a few months. ARs will not be banned. I doubt even the 30 round mags will be banned. As time passes those with more money than sense will be tapped out and the prices will return to normal.

I am doing something similar with a bunch of AK's I have. I'm selling them to people I know personally who do not already have many, if any firearms. I'm just trying to look out for my people ya know.

So my advice is, I'm sure there is someone in your life you could find that want an AR that fits the bill.....

Just wait a few months. ARs will not be banned. I doubt even the 30 round mags will be banned. As time passes those with more money than sense will be tapped out and the prices will return to normal.

I agree, the prices will drop. Maybe not to what they were a month ago but they will drop from the current panic status pricing... I see a lot of Higher priced ARs out there and not seeing a lot of closed threads for them.

I don't blame people for trying to make a buck in this economy.

I've been blessed to have a wife who didn't care what toys I bought, now I see fellow gun enthusiasts especially new ones who want an AR but can find one or the seller wants a ridiculous price.

I'd like to buck the trend but don't know if making sure the gun gos to someone who really wants it and won't resell it is even possible. I'm trying to pay it forward but I don't see a way to do it so any ideas would be great.

I'd like the buyer to not have an AR, be new to the gun world and have some passion for what I would sell him. In return I'd get some brownie points/good karma from The Lord and reduce my bubblegum quotient.

I just don't see a real way of doing this, the gun would be bought by a reseller and flipped for a greater profit and I might as well make that profit...

Any ideas?

Why don't you wait for this to all blow over then sell it? or just post it on gun broker and let the seller set the price you'll get market value and you wont be condemned for selling to someone who can afford to pay the higher prices. What some guys don't realize is that most of the people paying these outrageous prices can afford it . Someone who makes $200.000 a year $2000 for $1000 rifle is like us paying $500 for a $1000 rifle
good deals can still be found for those who look and those who wait but to someone one who can afford it chances are time is worth a lot more than money.

and those that really can't afford maybe should not own it cause they wont be able to afford to shoot it. and those who are hoarding them or investing in them are paying a hight price but they are gambling that they will make a profit and those are who are selling a gambling cause they may not ever be able to replace it , Someone may dump their collection thinking they can buy it back if the market drops but they risk not being able to . What if they ban all production what if they do like Cali and require fixed mags and thumbhole stocks
a lot of speculation .

and if it does not blow over then decide what to do.

I am doing something similar with a bunch of AK's I have. I'm selling them to people I know personally who do not already have many, if any firearms. I'm just trying to look out for my people ya know.

So my advice is, I'm sure there is someone in your life you could find that want an AR that fits the bill.....

And how will you feel when one of these people turns around and sells it for a profit?
My advice is that if you are looking to sell, sell it at market value.
An AR is not a necessity of life.

Look at trainsktg and my posts that we have for sale. We both have tried to stop this price gouging and give the shooters a advantage. There are steps you can do in order to not sell to price gougers. Going through a perspective buyers latest posts, adding people to your ignore list, and always going through the classifieds learning what the habits of certain members are.

If your around long enough you will know alot of the members and their way of thinking. For instance, trainsktg, pogi, badclam, and myself are into ak's. Titzonritz doesn't like external safeties. Redcap and myself and mbjskim (I know, I spelled your user name wrong) are more of the sarcastic members. There are plenty other members that I could name that have their habits but you get my point.

I'm not sure why a low post count makes someone disreputable. I don't post a lot but like to read through other's posts. I have also purchased a few "toys" through this site and have never resold a firearm or do I plan to. Although everyone of my purchases has went smoothly I don't think anyone has left feedback. So please don't characterize all low posters as low lifes. By the way I would like to purchase an ar , but not at the new gouge list prices".

I've been blessed to have a wife who didn't care what toys I bought, now I see fellow gun enthusiasts especially new ones who want an AR but can find one or the seller wants a ridiculous price.

I'd like to buck the trend but don't know if making sure the gun gos to someone who really wants it and won't resell it is even possible. I'm trying to pay it forward but I don't see a way to do it so any ideas would be great.

I'd like the buyer to not have an AR, be new to the gun world and have some passion for what I would sell him. In return I'd get some brownie points/good karma from The Lord and reduce my bubblegum quotient.

I just don't see a real way of doing this, the gun would be bought by a reseller and flipped for a greater profit and I might as well make that profit...

Any ideas?

I guess I don't really have an idea on how you could do this. I fall into the category of up until a little bit over a month ago I didn't have the fund for an AK/AR. Now I do and everyone is price gouging to the point where they are all out of my reach so all I can do is hope for a deal or that the AWB doesn't pass.

The only rifle I have is a Mosin that I can't seems to find ammo for at this point.

Thanks for being fair and giving someone a shot.

If I found one I would hold on to it for my dear life since it would likely be a one time shot for me.

Honestly, my fiancée doesn't have her own rifle yet.
One, she is fairly new to the shooting scene as I am not however I've offered to just give her one of mine but she said she wanted to get her own, that way it truly is her very first rifle. So we've put it off and now we fear its too late.

As for not flipping it, I'll top everyone on here;
We'll get her name engraved on the receiver "Samantha" and we would be willing to send a picture of the rifle with the current days news paper upon request via email when ever you should choose to ask.
(it'll be her email not mine so no worries) and we'll pay your asking price hopefully its fair, but I'll let her know about this. PM me either way.

Just a thought brother. She just started posting and following OFF and "The Well Armed Woman".

let us know if youd be interested sir.
Merry Christmas.

Sell your AR for a real price.

Have the buyer come with a check to an agreed upon charity for +/- 400 over your asking price.

That stops the flipping, and you sell for a reasonable price.
That, or sell to a friend.
I personally am sick of looking at classifieds right now.
I put up a joke wts ad for a wasr.
Then was horrified to see one being sold for 1200 obo
essentially, some people are using a tragedy to profit.
It's sad.

P.S. Merry Christmas

I am new to this site, and to the gun world in general. I was fortunate enough to start right before the panic buying (I got my AR on black Friday). I do not post on here much, but I read the vast majority of threads to see what everyone is saying and to get a good feel of the climate. I have bought one thing off of here, and that was ammo. What I am getting at in a round about sort of way is just because someone has a low post count, or is somewhat new here doesn't mean that we are all trying to flip items for a quick buck. I am hoping that this panic buying slows down and that prices will drop back down so I can get my wonderful wife her own AR. I have a lower on order with Redmond Black Rifle and at the very least will be able to build one. If that is the way it goes I am sure I will keep the one I build as it will be my first and give her the S&W M&PT. Thank you for listening (reading) to my little rant about just because I am new and have a few posts that we all are not here for a "quick" buck.

Thank you
Shane

I have 3 starving kids and no money! If you give me the rifle i Promise i wont sell it never ever ever! :s0155: Sell it for current prices! Your heart is in the right place there are many that will take advantage of your kindness, especially the ones who tell you to trust them. Think of it this way, a person could barely afford the rifle before the scare, you sold said rifle to them prescare prices, all of the sudden they are holding double thier money, they become bored or dont shoot said ar very much and want new toy, fridge, et al. I gaurantee that Ar will get sold for double. Unless you are ok with that keep it or get market value for it! Just remember this is the internet and i can tell you anything you want to hear. Im actually a french model and drive a ferrari.

How about this idea. Sell me your upper for a decent price so I can finish my project, and then sell your lower to someone else that really needs one.
That way you help two people in need.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads